Some are local in my state/town and some are out of state -These are people I do not know or are not on my contact list. This is not telemarketing - these are individuals that have my phone # show up as a missed call. It does not show up on my outgoing call record at Sprint or on my phone. I have answered a few of the call backs - they all say the same thing "you just dialed my phone".

I called Sprint help and they had me do some updates- the calls stopped for about 1.5 days and then started again - sometimes 7-8 a day - I took the phone to the Sprint store and they say they have never ever run across anything like this and that I must have signed up for something and my number was sold - (??) I told them I don't sign up for stuff and if that was the case I would be getting calls to buy vacations, mortgages etc. Then the ***** at the store said well we listened to your voicemails and they all have your name when they leave a message so you must know them..... I said duhhhh my voicemail identifies me - what a great help he was. Then they wiped out my whole phone and I started over - The phone was good again for 1.5 days and then they started again.

Anyone else hear of this or have solutions? The phone has actually been pretty quiet the last 2 days with only 1 or 2 calls - I see them pop up but so tired of it I just ignore them - Sadly some are so anxious to find out who's calling them they text me "who is this"

At my wits end and obviously sprint does not think this is their issue. I have had the same phone # for over 14 years and have had no issues before - I had the droid phones until I caved and got the Iphone in August. I did upgrade to the newest IOS but the problem started before that and continued after.

Any help would be appreciated!
    09-25-2013 11:50 AM
    It's possible your phone's ESN/MEID has been cloned for fraudulent use. It can happen with CDMA devices like those used on Verizon and Sprint. Sprint should allow you to exchange your device for one with a clean ESN//MEID on the basis of further fraud prevention. If you have to - call Sprint and specifically request to speak with their fraud team.
    09-25-2013 11:54 AM
    Hi, I spoke to the Sprint fraud team - they told me if this was the ESN/MEID cloned for fraudulent use I most likely would have international numbers showing up. They said this is most likely a case of spoofing - where someone has picked my number out of the air and attached it to a software - and as an annoyance randomly dials numbers. The only solution is to change the phone # or to ignore the calls. Sometimes it will stop all together.

She suggested I report this to the FCC altho I have nobody to report and no information on who is doing it - along with Sprint could not even tell me how to contact the FCC.

So not much help there. Not sure if I will ignore it - hope it ends or finally give up and change my number.

Any other info from anyone on this subject please let me know!!!
    09-25-2013 02:47 PM
    Does your number start with 500 something/a 500 number? If it does, then they might be calling for business reasons, but if not, that stinks, and I hope you can get it fixed.
    09-30-2013 10:09 AM
    No it does not. I think it's just someone being annoying. It is still doing it - 5 or 6 calls per day - The only solution will be to ride it out - and hope it goes away or I will have to get a new #. So weird that this started within a month of getting the new Iphone. Maybe just a coincidence.
    10-01-2013 08:57 AM
    No it does not. I think it's just someone being annoying. It is still doing it - 5 or 6 calls per day - The only solution will be to ride it out - and hope it goes away or I will have to get a new #. So weird that this started within a month of getting the new Iphone. Maybe just a coincidence.
    Are these incoming or outgoing calls? If incoming, you can add the number to the new blocked caller list in iOS 7.
    10-01-2013 12:31 PM
    they are all incoming - because they think I called them - they usually only call 1x to see who I am - so blocking them doesn't matter.
    10-07-2013 02:15 PM
    Listen change your number I had the same number for 11 years and had to change it for a personal reason I was crushed I loved that number but after a week I found it wasn't as big of a deal as I first thought it would be.

Game plan is text everyone that your number has changed and move on

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-07-2013 03:19 PM
    Hi, I spoke to the Sprint fraud team - they told me if this was the ESN/MEID cloned for fraudulent use I most likely would have international numbers showing up. They said this is most likely a case of spoofing - where someone has picked my number out of the air and attached it to a software - and as an annoyance randomly dials numbers. The only solution is to change the phone # or to ignore the calls. Sometimes it will stop all together.

She suggested I report this to the FCC altho I have nobody to report and no information on who is doing it - along with Sprint could not even tell me how to contact the FCC.

So not much help there. Not sure if I will ignore it - hope it ends or finally give up and change my number.

Any other info from anyone on this subject please let me know!!!
    If it was for the Federal Government Shutdown, you would be able to get necessary information about the FCC via the following link:

Federal Communications Commission
    10-07-2013 03:30 PM