Is there any difference in the LCD for 5 vs 4S?

I notice that my 5 has a white that is close to white milk while my 4S has a bright paper white.

I like the 4S white better. I am talking about the white color in the LCD, the white the LCD is emitting

I have compared both phones with the same level of brightness

Is it possible that I own a defective 5?

Thanks.
    09-25-2013 02:54 AM
    Nothing to worry about I am sure. Just a variation in the screen manufacturing process. Or indeed, a different screen manufacturer.
    09-25-2013 03:20 AM
    Is there any difference in the LCD for 5 vs 4S?

I notice that my 5 has a white that is close to white milk while my 4S has a bright paper white.

I like the 4S white better. I am talking about the white color in the LCD, the white the LCD is emitting

I have compared both phones with the same level of brightness

Is it possible that I own a defective 5?

Thanks.
    I don’t think there’s a lot to worry about. First of all, the early releases of the iPhone 4 and 4S all had an issue where the adhesive that was used to attach the glass to the screen had a bit of a yellow (or warmer) cast to it until it was completely dry. I believe that some of the iPads had this issue, as well. As soon as the adhesive was completely cured (sometimes it took as much as a week), the screen color changed to something a bit "cooler" color temperature wise. The cause of this issue with the early iPhone 4 and 4S models had to do with supply and demand, and the fact that the phones were being rushed out to customers before the adhesive was completely cured.

I don’t know if that is happening again with the 5S/5C screens, but certainly it is a possibility, given the popularity and demand for the devices.

There’s also the possibility that a different manufacturer was used to supply the screens for the 5S and 5C, and that, in fact, these do look "warmer" in color than your old iPhone 4/4S. It may just be how it is.

Regardless of the reason, if you are not happy with the screen, you can visit an Apple Store Genius Bar and have them take a look at it. If there is a problem, I guarantee that they will resolve it to your satisfaction.

Good luck, and let us know how this turns out.
    09-25-2013 07:02 AM
    The only difference is that the screen on the 5 has 176 extra vertical pixels.
    09-25-2013 08:34 AM
    The iPhone 5's panel is made by sharp
    09-25-2013 07:16 PM