Unlock Sound removed from iOS

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Ever since updating to a beta version of iOS 7 about 2 months ago, my unlock sound fails to go off. The lock sound works fine and all other sounds work just as they should, but just the unlock sound doesn't work. I updated to the official (GM) version of iOS 7 and it still won't trigger. I tried restoring but that didn't do it either. Any suggestions?

Nothing major, I was just wondering if there's a fix. If not, no big deal.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlock Sound

You don't hear it because it's not there anymore. There's nothing to change in settings...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

There is no unlock sound in iOS 7, only the lock sound, and to my knowledge, it is not a glitch.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Weird that they'd do that. Ah well! Thanks!

tuffy, I was thinking the exact same thing. I updated last week and noticed right away it was missing. I just assumed they got rid of it, but always had a thought in the back of my mind that maybe it was a glitch on my phone, haha.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

tuffy, I was thinking the exact same thing. I updated last week and noticed right away it was missing. I just assumed they got rid of it, but always had a thought in the back of my mind that maybe it was a glitch on my phone, haha.

Yeah it seems like a weird thing to leave out! I liked that satisfying little noise :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah it's gone but in the same Topic I like how you can slide a notification and then enter your code and it will take you right to the supported app that's a fair trade in my book

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone,

Ever since updating to a beta version of iOS 7 about 2 months ago, my unlock sound fails to go off. The lock sound works fine and all other sounds work just as they should, but just the unlock sound doesn't work. I updated to the official (GM) version of iOS 7 and it still won't trigger. I tried restoring but that didn't do it either. Any suggestions?

Nothing major, I was just wondering if there's a fix. If not, no big deal.

You don't hear it because it's not there anymore. There's nothing to change in settings...

Oh really? They completely took that out?
As stated to the OP the sound has been removed and taken out... The only sound now is indeed to lock. No glitch here. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm. Are we all talking about the list of notifications that show up like the drop down screen and you can choose to slide the unlock or pick a notification to go straight too not the quick pop-up notification from iOS 6 that did the same thing as long as you slide to unlock during the short pop-up period????

Sent from my iPhone 5

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

The sounds is kind of skeuophonic. Okay, that's probably not a word but think about it this way: if you're sliding a distinct plane away does it make sense for it to make a sound like a door unlocking? No not really. I imagine the conversation went like this:

"Well if we take out that sound how will users know their phone is unlocked?"
"Probably because they can see their apps."
"..."
"Okay, go ahead and commit that."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711