iOS 7 lag on iPhone 5

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice a lag on iOS 7 on the iPhone 5? It wasn't so bad yesterday, but it was horrible this morning. A restore as new solved the issue and the phone feels great now.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't notice any lag on my iPhone 5 after updating OTA yesterday. Glad you were able to resolve the issue on yours.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm still running after just doing the OTA. Don't really see any lag. Glad you were able to resolve. I think my plan is to run like this for a few days and see how the battery performs. If something starts bugging me I will restore as new.

If anyone is seeing lag you could also try turning off the parallax animations in Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Motion -> On. (Thanks again Fausty for this info!) Just a thought, seems processor hungry.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You should also keep in mind that there will likely be updates soon. This could smooth out performance.

Last edited:

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My lag disappeared and my battery improved to what I was getting with iOS 6. It also cleared a bunch of junk files.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice a lag on iOS 7 on the iPhone 5? It wasn't so bad yesterday, but it was horrible this morning. A restore as new solved the issue and the phone feels great now.

I updated OTA and did experience some slight lag. I haven't had a chance to connect to iTunes, so I just did a power off and it helped. I am going to back it up and restore as new later on tonight just in case.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Zero lag for me.

The only glitchy performance at all really was with my wife's iPhone 5...she was hitting the home button twice to bring up the multitasking bar and it would do this...

G96V0t0.png

...hard reset fixed it though, no issues since.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw a lot of lag on a 4S (I know, different phone) doing multi-select in email to delete multiple emails). It was an hour or so after updating via iTunes and a reboot, so don't know what else might have been happening at the same time).

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Following an iTunes restore and some manual updates iOS 7 is running like a champ now. I'm actually starting to get impressed a little.

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely no problems since installed for me. Running smoothly. Both on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini I did ota updates without backing up prior; everything came back as it were before. Loving it 😋

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊

baayers

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I ran into the same issue last year updating OTA from 5.1 to 6.0 and also had to restore from iTunes to get relief. This year I updated to 7 directly through iTunes and no lag. At least for me all major updates from now on will be done on my PC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73