iOS 7 lag on iPhone 5

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed a lag in replying to emails, but I haven't shared any photos either so I can't comment on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TeriartBot

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I restored as new and then set up all my apps again. I didn't restore from backup afterword as some on the support forums did. All claimed it didn't help doing it that way. FYI.

what do u mean by restored as new without backup? i also face the same problem with u, my iphone lag with ios 7.
did u mean that i have to restored as new phone with my ios 6 backup? then upgrade it back to ios 7? or back up this ios 7, and restore it as new?

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Updated mine and wife's iP5 OTA. I haven't noticed anything lagging or rather, I haven't been looking for anything that lags. Happy so far.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
what do u mean by restored as new without backup? i also face the same problem with u, my iphone lag with ios 7.
did u mean that i have to restored as new phone with my ios 6 backup? then upgrade it back to ios 7? or back up this ios 7, and restore it as new?

If you're on iOS 7 connect to itunes and restore as new. Do not use any of your backups to set the phone up. This will cause you to have to enter all your settings and lose your saved game levels, but it will make ios 7 on your iphone 5 work like its fresh out of the box.

If youre on ios 6, update to ios 7 and restore as new when it prompts you.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't really have any lag per se but I do feel like the icon transition when you unlock the phone could be a touch faster. Not really a complaint though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It may be unfair to categorize it as lag per se. There are some transitions that aren't quite as smooth.

Example, when I hit the button to reply to an email, the pop up menu come up just a bit choppy. Same thing when I hit the share button in Photos. The menu transition is just a slight bit choppy. It could just be me.

I tried this and I didn't get any lag. So that's good for me. Maybe try restarting your phone. Maybe that will fix the issue.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the OTA update, backed up through iCloud then wiped my phone and restored. I don't know why I didn't just restore through iTunes like I know is best to do. I had to wipe my phone three times on launch day to get everything working right. If I didn't hate restoring apps, layouts, and media with a passion I would've just started as new. I did reset all settings after restoring though.

Everything is ok after three days now, not happy with the slight increase in time with the transitions and occasional lag but my fingers are crossed that gets fixed. Battery life is the same as with iOS 6 after turning off parallax, background app refresh, and most of location services. It seemed like it was draining more then usual with wifi on in standby but that seems to have settled down now too.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the GM installed and from time to time I did notice some lag. I restored to the public official and the lag disappeared. Had the same issues withe the GM and my mini.

TeriartBot

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
If you're on iOS 7 connect to itunes and restore as new. Do not use any of your backups to set the phone up. This will cause you to have to enter all your settings and lose your saved game levels, but it will make ios 7 on your iphone 5 work like its fresh out of the box.

If youre on ios 6, update to ios 7 and restore as new when it prompts you.

sorry too much question. i dont understand, why cant we use our backup? well, my last backup is ios 6 file backup.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Only issue I had after install OTA was a message telling me to connect my iPhone to iTunes to allow for push notifications. A quick reinstall like new and restore backup fixed the problem. Now it runs smoothly. Still testing the battery out though. Went down to 88% from 100 in a couple hours and all I had done was text for 5 minutes. Don't know if that's average or if it's draining too fast?

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and I didn't get any lag. So that's good for me. Maybe try restarting your phone. Maybe that will fix the issue.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

I out the phone in DFU mode and restored as new. Seems to be operating a bit more smoothly.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hoping they reduce some of the animations in future revisions. The OS runs great, but it feels like it takes longer to do things like unlock the phone and get to the homescreen due to waiting on animation.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hoping they reduce some of the animations in future revisions. The OS runs great, but it feels like it takes longer to do things like unlock the phone and get to the homescreen due to waiting on animation.

The animations give appeal. :)

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Only issue I had after install OTA was a message telling me to connect my iPhone to iTunes to allow for push notifications. A quick reinstall like new and restore backup fixed the problem. Now it runs smoothly. Still testing the battery out though. Went down to 88% from 100 in a couple hours and all I had done was text for 5 minutes. Don't know if that's average or if it's draining too fast?
Few battery cycles later first day woes greatly reduced

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I think the animations are way too long. It seems to take forever to do anything on my iPhone 5 now. It's working great; nice and smooth, no stutter or lag, just way too much animation. I wish iOS gave the option of turning it off.

giligans16

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Turning on *Increase Contrast* in Settings/General/Accessibility worked for me. My iPod touch 5 works like a charm on iOS 7 now. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro