iOS 7 lag on iPhone 5

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My iOS 7 on my phone is no lag but I can tell it's not 100% but I know apple will improve it eventually but for now I am just enjoying it feels like a whole new phone

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Does parallax lag for any of you? Sometimes it feels like it forgets to turn on when I go to my home screen. It also doesn't feel too smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic! Thank you. I've only ever restored/updated on the phone, never iTunes. Doing that now :)

I restored as new and then set up all my apps again. I didn't restore from backup afterword as some on the support forums did. All claimed it didn't help doing it that way. FYI.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I restored as new and then set up all my apps again. I didn't restore from backup afterword as some on the support forums did. All claimed it didn't help doing it that way. FYI.

To each his or her own, but I'm a fan of restoring as new. I truly believe that doing so has saved me from experiencing many of the issues other members post about.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any lag. Battery life doesn't seem to be as good. But other than that, the phone flies. Safari is so fast now.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't encountered any unpleasant surprises. Battery life is on par with ios6 and it seems the speed and smoothness is improved. Very satisfied with everything.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to add that I'm really enjoying iOS 7. It really makes the iPhone 5 complete.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I did originally, but I had push notification issues so I backed up to iCloud, reset the phone and restored to my backup. No problems since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I did originally, but I had push notification issues so I backed up to iCloud, reset the phone and restored to my backup. No problems since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same. I don't notice any overall lag, but there are some elements that are just slightly slower than others. This suggests to me that there may be some minor niggles that will likely be smoothed out in future updates.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I did the same. I don't notice any overall lag, but there are some elements that are just slightly slower than others. This suggests to me that there may be some minor niggles that will likely be smoothed out in future updates.

Could you quote some specifics because I'm not seeing any lag but maybe I'm not using some apps that you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Could you quote some specifics because I'm not seeing any lag but maybe I'm not using some apps that you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It may be unfair to categorize it as lag per se. There are some transitions that aren't quite as smooth.

Example, when I hit the button to reply to an email, the pop up menu come up just a bit choppy. Same thing when I hit the share button in Photos. The menu transition is just a slight bit choppy. It could just be me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73