I restored as new and then set up all my apps again. I didn't restore from backup afterword as some on the support forums did. All claimed it didn't help doing it that way. FYI.
    To each his or her own, but I'm a fan of restoring as new. I truly believe that doing so has saved me from experiencing many of the issues other members post about.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:16 PM
    Anyone else notice a lag on iOS 7 on the iPhone 5? It wasn't so bad yesterday, but it was horrible this morning. A restore as new solved the issue and the phone feels great now.
    Just curious, what specifically was lagging?
    09-20-2013 01:52 AM
    I haven't seen any lag. Battery life doesn't seem to be as good. But other than that, the phone flies. Safari is so fast now.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!
    09-20-2013 03:20 AM
    Haven't seen any lag on the I5, in any of the features, safari has been great
    09-20-2013 04:01 AM
    I haven't encountered any unpleasant surprises. Battery life is on par with ios6 and it seems the speed and smoothness is improved. Very satisfied with everything.
    09-20-2013 01:15 PM
    I have to add that I'm really enjoying iOS 7. It really makes the iPhone 5 complete.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!
    SprSynJn likes this.
    09-20-2013 07:03 PM
    I did it OTA and have no lag at all on my 5 or my two kids 5. I guess it's hit or miss.
    09-20-2013 07:18 PM
    everything about it was slow. Got worse as the day went on.
    09-20-2013 08:00 PM
    I haven't experienced any lag on my 5 either..surprisingly the lag I did experience was on my iPad 4😳
    09-20-2013 08:13 PM
    No lag whatsoever on my iPhone 5. Very snappy in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-2013 09:34 PM
    No lag whatsoever on my iPhone 5. Very snappy in fact.

Did you install OTA?
    09-20-2013 09:46 PM
    I did originally, but I had push notification issues so I backed up to iCloud, reset the phone and restored to my backup. No problems since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bunjy likes this.
    09-20-2013 09:50 PM
    I did originally, but I had push notification issues so I backed up to iCloud, reset the phone and restored to my backup. No problems since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I did the same. I don't notice any overall lag, but there are some elements that are just slightly slower than others. This suggests to me that there may be some minor niggles that will likely be smoothed out in future updates.
    09-20-2013 10:01 PM
    I did the same. I don't notice any overall lag, but there are some elements that are just slightly slower than others. This suggests to me that there may be some minor niggles that will likely be smoothed out in future updates.
    Could you quote some specifics because I'm not seeing any lag but maybe I'm not using some apps that you are.

09-20-2013 10:04 PM
    Could you quote some specifics because I'm not seeing any lag but maybe I'm not using some apps that you are.

It may be unfair to categorize it as lag per se. There are some transitions that aren't quite as smooth.

Example, when I hit the button to reply to an email, the pop up menu come up just a bit choppy. Same thing when I hit the share button in Photos. The menu transition is just a slight bit choppy. It could just be me.
    09-20-2013 10:10 PM
    I haven't noticed a lag in replying to emails, but I haven't shared any photos either so I can't comment on that.

09-20-2013 10:13 PM
    I restored as new and then set up all my apps again. I didn't restore from backup afterword as some on the support forums did. All claimed it didn't help doing it that way. FYI.
    what do u mean by restored as new without backup? i also face the same problem with u, my iphone lag with ios 7.
    did u mean that i have to restored as new phone with my ios 6 backup? then upgrade it back to ios 7? or back up this ios 7, and restore it as new?
    09-21-2013 02:17 AM
    Updated mine and wife's iP5 OTA. I haven't noticed anything lagging or rather, I haven't been looking for anything that lags. Happy so far.
    09-21-2013 05:08 AM
    what do u mean by restored as new without backup? i also face the same problem with u, my iphone lag with ios 7.
    did u mean that i have to restored as new phone with my ios 6 backup? then upgrade it back to ios 7? or back up this ios 7, and restore it as new?
    If you're on iOS 7 connect to itunes and restore as new. Do not use any of your backups to set the phone up. This will cause you to have to enter all your settings and lose your saved game levels, but it will make ios 7 on your iphone 5 work like its fresh out of the box.

If youre on ios 6, update to ios 7 and restore as new when it prompts you.
    09-21-2013 08:03 AM
    No lag here and I restored from a beta 6 backup because I was so lazy to start from scratch..
    09-21-2013 08:17 AM
    I don't really have any lag per se but I do feel like the icon transition when you unlock the phone could be a touch faster. Not really a complaint though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-21-2013 08:22 AM
    It may be unfair to categorize it as lag per se. There are some transitions that aren't quite as smooth.

Example, when I hit the button to reply to an email, the pop up menu come up just a bit choppy. Same thing when I hit the share button in Photos. The menu transition is just a slight bit choppy. It could just be me.
    I tried this and I didn't get any lag. So that's good for me. Maybe try restarting your phone. Maybe that will fix the issue.

09-21-2013 09:19 AM
    I did the OTA update, backed up through iCloud then wiped my phone and restored. I don't know why I didn't just restore through iTunes like I know is best to do. I had to wipe my phone three times on launch day to get everything working right. If I didn't hate restoring apps, layouts, and media with a passion I would've just started as new. I did reset all settings after restoring though.

Everything is ok after three days now, not happy with the slight increase in time with the transitions and occasional lag but my fingers are crossed that gets fixed. Battery life is the same as with iOS 6 after turning off parallax, background app refresh, and most of location services. It seemed like it was draining more then usual with wifi on in standby but that seems to have settled down now too.
    09-21-2013 05:37 PM
    No lag here.
    09-21-2013 05:43 PM
    I had the GM installed and from time to time I did notice some lag. I restored to the public official and the lag disappeared. Had the same issues withe the GM and my mini.
    09-21-2013 06:41 PM
61 123