How many of you are buying the discounted i5?

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
How many of you are buying the 5 now that it's priced $100 less to clear out inventory? I'm scoping out the White 32GB 5 at best buy for $199 and it's very tempting. I sort of want to jump on it due to low price and with the fear of not being able to pick up a 5s anytime soon. Thoughts?

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Better than the 5C.

I'm still hoping to get the 5S though (for resale then get old 4S for mom).

Here's an article comparing 5, 5C, 5S. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-57602215/iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5c-vs-iphone-5-specs-compared/

Looks like 5S has faster processor, tiny improvement in camera (probably not much better is my guess), and couple hours more battery life. Someone said something about more LTE bands or something so better coverage if you are traveling to other countries but I imagine most of us don't have much use for that.

Last edited:

Kevtrinh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would get a 5s for $199 if 16gb storage is good enough for you. The 5s would hold better value to sale for trade-in when the iphone 6 come out next year. Just my opinion. Good luck!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually thinking about buying an iPhone 5 when the prices drop. My son has one and I've played around with it some. I would then give my 4S to my wife.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a 5 on Sunday, full retail. Only 549 instead of 649 lol. I came from a Galaxy S4 and had been thinking about switching back for awhile now. Just wanted to wait to see what the 5s would have in store. Didn't really have anything I was too excited about and like it was stated above, who knows when I'd be able to get the 5s. I think I heard somewhere that they might have an issue getting enough fingerprint scanners to fill all the early buyers. Not sure if that was a reliable source though so I'd take that with a grain of salt but either way unless you camp out the night before getting a new iPhone on launch day is extremely hard.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up picking up the 5 at best buy. Price was too hard to pass up and I wanted to set up my new line. I may still camp at Best buy for the 5s and if I'm able to get it on Day one, I'll just exchange my 3 day old 5 (By that time) for the 5s.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 came this morning. I had to buy off contract since I didn't have an upgrade available, but I picked one up off of Ebay brand new and still sealed for $500. After selling my android and windows phones I came out ahead. I'm installing iOS 7 right now. :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 came this morning. I had to buy off contract since I didn't have an upgrade available, but I picked one up off of Ebay brand new and still sealed for $500. After selling my android and windows phones I came out ahead. I'm installing iOS 7 right now. :)

Congrats on your new iPhone 5. So far iOS 7 has been awesome. Enjoy your device!

baayers

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my 5 a couple of months ago for $129. Even now with all the details of the 5S and C being on the table I still have no regrets. Yes the new flash is nice but since 90% of my pictures are day shots and me not seeing a fingerprint reader working well in Florida humidity its really not a help. The only 2 reasons I could think of that would make the newer phones a better choice would be if either A. your a gamer or B. you have accounts with both AT&T and Verizon and want to access both LTE networks from the same device. I'm talking one at a time and from the Verizon 5C or 5S version since it comes SIM unlocked. The Verizon 5 is also unlocked but will only allow AT&T HSPA access.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My local walmart is selling the 5 for 79 bucks

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally I just suggested and went to att with my brother and his wife and moved them into the 21st century. Went from flip phones to the iphone 5 for each of them. $98 a piece on 2year agreement. Not enough of a difference for their use to go with the 5s. Price was right and they will have it till it falls apart. Not the type to have to have the latest and greatest every year

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site

That is a pretty high price. I think if the OP looks around on eBay they can find a new unopened box for $400-$425 from a proven iPhone seller. Or do as I did and catch mint, like new used one for $350. I don't see a reason to spend $500 on an iPhone 5 anywhere.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That is a pretty high price. I think if the OP looks around on eBay they can find a new unopened box for $400-$425 from a proven iPhone seller. Or do as I did and catch mint, like new used one for $350. I don't see a reason to spend $500 on an iPhone 5 anywhere.

All I know is that when I was bidding new sealed one were selling from about $550 to $600. I was happy with my purchase. The price may be lower today now that the 5S is out. Either way I'm happy.

Jman056

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was searching through Ebay for a few days and finally picked up a mint condition iPhone 5 16GB for $400. Phone arrived on Monday and I am very happy with my purchase. Coming over from a Blackberry Z10 I can see how much more the iPhone has to offer. Luckily I was able to sell the Z10 for $275, which was more than I expected considering the status of Blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

micaels

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
All I know is that when I was bidding new sealed one were selling from about $550 to $600. I was happy with my purchase. The price may be lower today now that the 5S is out. Either way I'm happy.

As long as you are happy with your deal that's all that matter :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods