5 vs 5C, which one would you get and why?

5 or 5C?

• 5 - I prefer premium looks

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • 5C - I love color and newest phone

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As you know, Wal-Mart is selling 5 for $98, which is the same price as the 5C. As we all know, 5C has the same exact internals with the 5, so it's a matter of the case shell.

I think there will be an overlap window which would allow buyer to choose between 5 and 5C.

Which one would you buy and why?

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I assume you mean between the 5S and 5C? I'm thinking the 5C, personally. Coming from and iPhone 4 it's going to meet all my needs and seem blazing fast compared to the old device. The 5S doesn't have anything to add that made me feel like paying extra for it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
5c has a better front camera and bigger battery so I would say 5c

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
As you know, Wal-Mart is selling 5 for $98, which is the same price as the 5C. As we all know, 5C has the same exact internals with the 5, so it's a matter of the case shell.

I think there will be an overlap window which would allow buyer to choose between 5 and 5C.

Which one would you buy and why?

The iPhone 5 all day every day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Given the choices stated, I'd get the iPhone 5. I don't want the plastic associated with the 5C. No, I do not consider it "cheap", I simply prefer the better build quality, so to speak, of the iPhone 5.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with JustMe'd...the build quality of the 5 (I feel) is better. And let's face it...my black 5 is one sexy beast!!

That being said, there would be more of a chance of me going for a 5c if they had released a black model. I am not too fond of all of the pastel colors, and the white doesn't do it for me...much like the white 3g and 3gs didn't.

Last edited:

cjordan93

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I would choose a 5 over the 5C. Nothing against the plastic design, I just prefer the metal...gives it a sturdier and higher quality look and feel in my opinion.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I would choose the 5, and not just because that's the phone I have. I prefer the all-metal construction over plastic. The only difference is the higher resolution front camera in the 5c, but that doesn't trump the thinner, more premium fit and finish of the 5 IMHO.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 5 yesterday and I do love the solid build and all around quality but it's impossible to say which I prefer since I have not seen the 5C in person. I am a big fan of high quality plastics. I believe they are much more comfortable to hold, lighter and can be pretty strong and durable. Unfortunately, the 5C color choices, except for white maybe, seem to be colors little girls would like more than anyone else. Why they didn't come up with basic black and some softer, more subdued "adult colors" is beyond me.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Between the 5 and 5C, I'd take the 5C... Not really sure why. I liked the plastic backed iPhone 3G/3GS... and the 5C is supposed to have a bigger battery, no? I just wish they had a black, or like a Pepsi/royal blue...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Between the 5 and 5C, I'd take the 5C... Not really sure why. I liked the plastic backed iPhone 3G/3GS... and the 5C is supposed to have a bigger battery, no? I just wish they had a black, or like a Pepsi/royal blue...

I agree; a black version, or some other darker colors would have been nice (to me at least). The colors offered really aren't colors that I would be interested in. I also feel that Apple had a chance to keep an all black iPhone in the lineup (the 5s is a space grey). A black version, I feel, would have looked really nice.

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The colors are a little bright for my taste. Nevertheless, i went with another iPhone 5 (32GB over 16) and decided to get white this time. I love the 5 and can easily use the phone for another year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen