Is it possible to buy a used iphone 5 for 250$ or less?

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 retains its value. I just got a new one as a warranty replacement, and I plan to sell it as soon as I've had a chance to play with iOS 7 a little. I thought they usually give you a refurbished unit, but the Genius said it's brand new. It's a black Verizon 16GB model.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 retains its value. I just got a new one as a warranty replacement, and I plan to sell it as soon as I've had a chance to play with iOS 7 a little. I thought they usually give you a refurbished unit, but the Genius said it's brand new. It's a black Verizon 16GB model.
With the iPhone 5 being discontinued there is no worry about it retaining its value. There are many people who will prefer to buy the iPhone 5 instead of the 5C. Since the stores will no longer be carrying it, customers will be forced to find one elsewhere which is why the iPhone 5 will still hold its value for quite some time.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Highly doubt it. Now that its discontinued, value will only rise

I believe the opposite. I have an old colored iMac that I paid a lot of money for around 2003 and that's discontinued and the price doesn't get higher. Price will drop

As for the op. 250 will be hard. I still see 4/4s going for that with a case or two. May take a lot longer than you would like to wait. JMO

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is possible that you may find someone willing to part with the iPhone 5 outright for $250, but it is highly unlikely that you will. Of course, you can get the 16 GB iPhone 5S on contract for less or the 32 GB version for $50 more.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone 5 will probably be the lowest volume iPhone that has yet been sold simply because it was only for sale for one year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's value holds or goes up a little bit as the resell markets adjust. I doubt you can get one for $250 off contract. The iPhone 4 is still going for around $100-200 on ebay right now.

c_elliott83

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Sprint versions seem to sell for the least amount. I was searching ebay just a bit ago for a friend, and found that most ip5 under $400 are broken, water damaged, blacklisted, or have bad esn/imei.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Trade in value is currently floating between $300-$350 at the various outlets that offer such...so you're definitely not going to find any of them (that are not damaged) under the trade in value as it wouldn't make much sense to sell it for less than what you can just effortlessly mail it in for.

$450-$500 is where I'm seeing them right now in my market (Atlanta)...damaged they are still going for $300-$350 (broken screens, etc). So your $250 pricing point is far too low unfortunately...that's in the iPhone 4 (not 4S) range.

c_elliott83

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Trade in value is currently floating between $300-$350 at the various outlets that offer such...so you're definitely not going to find any of them (that are not damaged) under the trade in value as it wouldn't make much sense to sell it for less than what you can just effortlessly mail it in for.

$450-$500 is where I'm seeing them right now in my market (Atlanta)...damaged they are still going for $300-$350 (broken screens, etc). So your $250 pricing point is far too low unfortunately...that's in the iPhone 4 (not 4S) range.

This. But the 4 would be depending on carrier. You can by cdma versions for $100-150 all day on ebay. I grabbed a sprint 4 for $70 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
One was for sale recently on Craigslist in my area for $250. It sold very quickly. I have seen a few for $300 - $350 already. Once the 5s is out, there will be more showing up.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Bestbuy still had some 5 in stock with contract they taking $100 off regular price. I just picked up the verizon white 32gb 5 for $199+tax

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been searching for a low price on a used 5 for a few weeks now and anything at the $250 range is either "for parts only" or has a cracked screen or won't power up. Even the ones with bad ESN are going for more than $250. I did get one that looks like it's straight off the shelf and has no problems whatsoever for $350 but I think I just got lucky because this guy was scrambling to raise funds for a 5s off contract. If you are willing try Ebay and spend somewhere around the $375-$400 range, you might find someone that is itching to get rid of their 5 for an upgrade. Ask lots of questions, buy only from someone that allows returns and request a lot of photos before committing to buy.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you might find someone willing to go for that price but it's rare. Plus since the 5 is no longer being made and people would rather have the 5 over the 5C, I think the prices will stay relatively close to where they are now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods