I would like to see an iMore article about this. I bet I'm not the only one wondering. Obviously I won't have the A7 chip, fingerprint scanner or dual LED flash. Will I get the burst mode or slo-mo features? What exactly will I be missing if I stick with my iP5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    geezio and ruger141 like this.
    09-10-2013 06:37 PM
    I would like to see an iMore article about this. I bet I'm not the only one wondering. Obviously I won't have the A7 chip, fingerprint scanner or dual LED flash. Will I get the burst mode or slo-mo features? What exactly will I be missing if I stick with my iP5?

I would assume by sticking with the 5 you would miss out on burst mode and slo-mo as those are features of the camera/software optimization for the 5S and aren't specifically part of the iOS 7 update.

You'll still get the iOS 7 experience with your 5 but you pretty much nailed it all the 5S exclusive you will be missing but if you're happy with your 5 and don't think the 5S is a significant enough upgrade then stay happy with your 5.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-10-2013 06:43 PM

You will how said already get the experience of iOS 7 but you will be missing out on a very impressive new phone but then again many others will be right besides you. Don't worry about it and enjoy the IOS 7 experience. You won't regret it.
    09-10-2013 06:46 PM
    There was a lot more to the new camera than just the LED flash, so that's one thing for starters...I also wouldn't count on getting any of the features mentioned during the 5S presentation (including the burst shot or slow-mo video recording).

A7 chip comes with a slew of things that you will probably not see physically or in development for the iPhone 5...the M7 tech will mean that future movement based apps (what I feel will be a plethora of new fitness apps) will be focused solely on the 5S, but also apps based on the 64bit performance basis...this may not seem like much on the surface right now, but it's really quite impressive, and you'll see this with all kinds of stuff coming down the road, when it comes to games especially.

Fingerprint scanner is obvious, no reason to elaborate on such.

USB 4.0 for quicker transfer rates (though i don't really think this will be as impressive as it seems on paper in the real world, as most people don't really pay attention to how quickly iTunes is syncing anything on your phone)

...and you'll also be missing on improved wireless technology, including WiFi network connection improvements, as well as LTE radio antenna enhancements.
    09-10-2013 06:49 PM
    If your happy with your current device don't worry about upgrading. Just enjoy iOS 7.
    09-10-2013 06:57 PM
    Is the 5s still have a 8 megapixel camera ?
    09-10-2013 06:58 PM
    The Apple website has a device comparison which details which features are in which device. On mobile though so I don't feel like pulling up the link.
    09-10-2013 07:50 PM
    The Apple website has a device comparison which details which features are in which device. On mobile though so I don't feel like pulling up the link.
    Apple - iPhone - Compare Models
    09-10-2013 07:57 PM
    Thx
    09-10-2013 07:57 PM
    That chart doesn't compare the 5 to the 5s though

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-10-2013 09:03 PM
    Yeah I'm good with my 5 I can get an app for slow motion and burst mode I don't need a finger censor
    09-10-2013 10:24 PM
    Is the 5s still have a 8 megapixel camera ?
    Yes still the 8mp camera.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    09-11-2013 12:28 AM
    Yes still the 8mp camera.

That's a shame I was hoping at least a 12 megapixel apple messing up
    09-11-2013 02:23 AM
    I am perfectly happy with my 5. No buyers remorse here (just upgraded two weeks ago). The 5 is amazing.
    09-11-2013 02:47 AM
    I am perfectly happy with my 5. No buyers remorse here (just upgraded two weeks ago). The 5 is amazing.
    Same here, don't see a reason yet, to give up my 5
    svfd757 likes this.
    09-11-2013 03:21 AM
    They made the sensor bigger (so phone has same number of pixels as before but each pixel is bigger) and increased the aperture of the lens. Those two should substantially improve low light photos. The dual tone flash should greatly improve flesh tones. After about 5-7 megapixels, higher megapixels make less of a difference than sensor and pixel size unless you routinely make enlargements over 8x10.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-11-2013 07:38 AM
    I think I'll hold on to my ip5. See what happens next year.
    robertk328 likes this.
    09-11-2013 08:42 AM
    They made the sensor bigger (so phone has same number of pixels as before but each pixel is bigger) and increased the aperture of the lens. Those two should substantially improve low light photos. The dual tone flash should greatly improve flesh tones. After about 5-7 megapixels, higher megapixels make less of a difference than

sensor and pixel size unless you routinely make enlargements over 8x10.
    Ok they did what HTC did with there ultra pixel
    And low lighting still they should improve and upper the pixels every smartphone that's completes with iPhone besides the HTC one has more pixels and options this might be there worst iPhone
    09-11-2013 10:14 AM
    As others said, you'll "miss out" on the hardware and hardware-dependant features. If that isn't a concern, then don't worry about it. I'm not... I got my iPhone in February and I have no plans on upgrading my hardware. To the best of my knowledge, the only hardware feature I'm interested in with the new phone is the CPU. iOS7, OTOH... that I'll definitely be upgrading to.
    09-11-2013 10:23 AM
    USB 4.0 for quicker transfer rates (though i don't really think this will be as impressive as it seems on paper in the real world, as most people don't really pay attention to how quickly iTunes is syncing anything on your phone)
    My MacBook Pro only supports USB 2.0, so I'm fine with this. Agree with everything though. The new camera features are using the power of the new chipset in the device.

I really think iOS 7 is a great improvement halfway through my upgrade cycle (on my iPhone 5). With the GM I'm giddy all over again with new backgrounds and tones. I want a case to match all the colorful wallpapers lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-11-2013 10:47 AM
    The 5 has the photo burst feature, actually.

Not sure about the slow motion. Expect not.

Still deciding whether to get the 5s (gold!) and relegate the 5 to status as the traveller phone, or wait another year...
    09-11-2013 03:23 PM
    Megapixels don't mean everything.

09-11-2013 06:43 PM
    Same here. I just got the iPhone 5 last week. I am happy with it.
    09-12-2013 12:21 PM
    Am also just going to stay on my iPhone 5 for now. I don't see much difference between iPhone 5 and 5s except the fingerprint sensor. Not really worth paying 549 for right now to be honest. If the camera had also been upgraded I might have been tempted, but for now me and my iPhone 5 shall remain together 😋

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊
    09-13-2013 02:35 PM
    I'm debating on an upgrade. I'm coming from a 4s so I'm unsure on whether to stay or ug. Nothing really wrong with my 4s though...

09-13-2013 05:00 PM
30 12