What am I missing if I don't upgrade?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see an iMore article about this. I bet I'm not the only one wondering. Obviously I won't have the A7 chip, fingerprint scanner or dual LED flash. Will I get the burst mode or slo-mo features? What exactly will I be missing if I stick with my iP5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see an iMore article about this. I bet I'm not the only one wondering. Obviously I won't have the A7 chip, fingerprint scanner or dual LED flash. Will I get the burst mode or slo-mo features? What exactly will I be missing if I stick with my iP5?

I would assume by sticking with the 5 you would miss out on burst mode and slo-mo as those are features of the camera/software optimization for the 5S and aren't specifically part of the iOS 7 update.

You'll still get the iOS 7 experience with your 5 but you pretty much nailed it all the 5S exclusive you will be missing but if you're happy with your 5 and don't think the 5S is a significant enough upgrade then stay happy with your 5.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

You will how said already get the experience of iOS 7 but you will be missing out on a very impressive new phone but then again many others will be right besides you. Don't worry about it and enjoy the IOS 7 experience. You won't regret it.:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There was a lot more to the new camera than just the LED flash, so that's one thing for starters...I also wouldn't count on getting any of the features mentioned during the 5S presentation (including the burst shot or slow-mo video recording).

A7 chip comes with a slew of things that you will probably not see physically or in development for the iPhone 5...the M7 tech will mean that future movement based apps (what I feel will be a plethora of new fitness apps) will be focused solely on the 5S, but also apps based on the 64bit performance basis...this may not seem like much on the surface right now, but it's really quite impressive, and you'll see this with all kinds of stuff coming down the road, when it comes to games especially.

Fingerprint scanner is obvious, no reason to elaborate on such.

USB 4.0 for quicker transfer rates (though i don't really think this will be as impressive as it seems on paper in the real world, as most people don't really pay attention to how quickly iTunes is syncing anything on your phone)

...and you'll also be missing on improved wireless technology, including WiFi network connection improvements, as well as LTE radio antenna enhancements.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
They made the sensor bigger (so phone has same number of pixels as before but each pixel is bigger) and increased the aperture of the lens. Those two should substantially improve low light photos. The dual tone flash should greatly improve flesh tones. After about 5-7 megapixels, higher megapixels make less of a difference than

sensor and pixel size unless you routinely make enlargements over 8x10.

Ok they did what HTC did with there ultra pixel
And low lighting still they should improve and upper the pixels every smartphone that's completes with iPhone besides the HTC one has more pixels and options this might be there worst iPhone

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

As others said, you'll "miss out" on the hardware and hardware-dependant features. If that isn't a concern, then don't worry about it. I'm not... I got my iPhone in February and I have no plans on upgrading my hardware. To the best of my knowledge, the only hardware feature I'm interested in with the new phone is the CPU. iOS7, OTOH... that I'll definitely be upgrading to.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
USB 4.0 for quicker transfer rates (though i don't really think this will be as impressive as it seems on paper in the real world, as most people don't really pay attention to how quickly iTunes is syncing anything on your phone)

My MacBook Pro only supports USB 2.0, so I'm fine with this. Agree with everything though. The new camera features are using the power of the new chipset in the device.

I really think iOS 7 is a great improvement halfway through my upgrade cycle (on my iPhone 5). With the GM I'm giddy all over again with new backgrounds and tones. I want a case to match all the colorful wallpapers lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The 5 has the photo burst feature, actually.

Not sure about the slow motion. Expect not.

Still deciding whether to get the 5s (gold!) and relegate the 5 to status as the traveller phone, or wait another year...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen