So basically if my iphone 5 breaks or messes up

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I have to hurry and unlock my 5 to AT&T and sell it because no one wants the 5c

I'm due for an upgrade before the end of this month so I am eligible for a device. The c for some odd reason is calling my name more than the s. don't know if it is the price point or the plastic more durable feeling back.

Not quite sure but its working on me...

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade before the end of this month so I am eligible for a device. The c for some odd reason is calling my name more than the s. don't know if it is the price point or the plastic more durable feeling back.

Not quite sure but its working on me...

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Then go get it, my friend. ;)....It's all good.

GoingDark

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
"no one"? I bet Apple sells a ton of them. Just like every other product that they make...

I'm sure they will sell quite a few over the long term, but I was with a friend who bought a 5c (from Best Buy) over the weekend and he was explicitly told by the sales person that his was the only one anyone in the entire store had ever sold. Same story at all the other stores we went to (he was hunting for a 5s initially) - every single store was sold out of the 5s, and had tons of the 5c, none of which were selling at all.

A possible explanation for this would be that "launch weekend people" are early adopters who want the latest and greatest, and the 5c is definitely not that - but it will probably find plenty of success down the road with more mainstream consumers.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they will sell quite a few over the long term, but I was with a friend who bought a 5c (from Best Buy) over the weekend and he was explicitly told by the sales person that his was the only one anyone in the entire store had ever sold. Same story at all the other stores we went to (he was hunting for a 5s initially) - every single store was sold out of the 5s, and had tons of the 5c, none of which were selling at all.

A possible explanation for this would be that "launch weekend people" are early adopters who want the latest and greatest, and the 5c is definitely not that - but it will probably find plenty of success down the road with more mainstream consumers.

Well, Apple sold over 9 million new iPhone 5C and 5S units over the weekend. Sure, a lot of those were 5S, but a lot of 5C too.

GoingDark

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, Apple sold over 9 million new iPhone 5C and 5S units over the weekend. Sure, a lot of those were 5S, but a lot of 5C too.

Sure, but how many of those 5c sales were from people who actually wanted the 5s but ended up settling due to stock issues (like my friend)?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711