iPhone 5 dead

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I do have to say though it does hurt a little to know that Apple is going to discontinue the phone that I currently own... Wasn't expecting that

Sent from my iPhone 5

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I bought mine a few months ago when best buy was doing their trade in event. I got my iPhone 5 for $12.44!

There's one reason why someone would

Sent from my iPhone 5

I would too for that price! But the writing was on the wall at least 3 months ago

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would too for that price! But the writing was on the wall at least 3 months ago

I got a 5 last month, knowing well and good what was rumored to take place in September. I did it because, as far as iphones go, I have always been at least a model behind. There has been nothing for me (personally...my opinions ONLY) to want or need to get the latest model as soon as it is released. I have two lines on my plan (one specifically for upgrades), so I can get the 5s or whatever the next version will be in a year...and I am ok with that.

I am not a huge power user, or a big gamer. The 5 works flawlessly for me, and suits my needs. Would it be cool to grab a 5s next week? Absolutely!!! BUT...I don't NEED it. My 4s broke a little while back, and instead of paying the money to get it fixed, I decided to upgrade to a 5 (actually, I technically upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 via an online special for $40, then traded it for a 3 week old iPhone 5 3 days later). It was either pay $100+ to fix my 4s, then pay $200 for a new iPhone 5s, or pay $40 for an iPhone 5 and get $100 from gazelle for my 4s. At the end of the day, I was up $60 and had an iPhone 5. Works for me!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Her iPhone 4 was starting to act wonky... and reloading iOS didn’t seem to help. She’s not a tech junky and just wanted a phone that worked (again). Happy wife. Happy life.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Her iPhone 4 was starting to act wonky... and reloading iOS didn?t seem to help. She?s not a tech junky and just wanted a phone that worked (again). Happy wife. Happy life.

Totally makes sense. I guess I'm just referring to the people that buy phones with in the last 3 months and then freak out when apple releases a new device..

My wife could careless if she had the newest one.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well this would mean that the iPhone 5 gonna be a rare phone for apple in the future.. Cause this is the first I hear they discontinuing the phone after one year release now they not making anymore.. And even tho they have the iPhone 5c but it still done have that high quality build the 5 would have

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well this would mean that the iPhone 5 gonna be a rare phone for apple in the future.. Cause this is the first I hear they discontinuing the phone after one year release now they not making anymore.. And even tho they have the iPhone 5c but it still done have that high quality build the 5 would have

Exhibit 1: iPad 3, Limited Edition, discontinued after 6 mos for NEW iPad 3). Neither a relic nor a collectible - seldom even spoken about now. Working well for anyone who still had 18-pin connectors yet wanted retina display.

Foreshadowing of similar fate for 5 (discontinued) was not all that subtle...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro