iPhone 5 dead

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The surprise for me is that they are keeping the 4S as the freebie in the lineup...
With what Apple is charging for the iPhone 5c you have to figure that they would want to keep one in the free category as they have done in the past with the 3GS.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder with them killing off the iPhone 5 if this will kill the resale value on them? I wonder if on ebay and craiglist now if the 4S is going to sell for more money then the 5? It is saddening because I own an iPhone 5 that will be no longer produced, while other people in my family own a 4S which you will still be able to purchase

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder with them killing off the iPhone 5 if this will kill the resale value on them? I wonder if on ebay and craiglist now if the 4S is going to sell for more money then the 5? It is saddening because I own an iPhone 5 that will be no longer produced, while other people in my family own a 4S which you will still be able to purchase
With the iPhone5 going out of production, their value will increase over time as they become more scarce in the marketplace...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The surprise for me is that they are keeping the 4S as the freebie in the lineup...

It's cheaper to produce and an awesome device still and free. They basically just put all the 5 guts into the 5C so I makes sense and follows their line up plan from throughout the years. Free version, $99 version and $199 version.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the iPhone 5 is still available, they just made it plastic and changed the colour :)

I think they had to discontinue the high-end aluminium version though, otherwise it would have eaten into 5C sales, which is likely a higher margin at $99 than the 5 would be.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Yup, the iPhone 5 is still available, they just made it plastic and changed the colour :)

I think they had to discontinue the high-end aluminium version though, otherwise it would have eaten into 5C sales, which is likely a higher margin at $99 than the 5 would be.

Excellent point.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i guess apple nailed it in terms of profits. iPhone 5 was anyway expected to go down to 550. instead they introduced a plastic device with 1 yr old specs (which now cost cheaper to buy) and priced it exactly the same. which means higher margins.
wall street could be happy after the next earnings call.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Just heard this. No big surprise though with the 5C being almost identical to the iPhone 5.

No, sorry, I found it to be a big surprise, been following and wasn't planning to upgrade. Bought the iPhone five a couple of months ago, Apples top of line phone. And don't get wrong it is a great phone and haven't changed my mind about Apple, they still make the best products IMO.

But to find out that my top of the line iPhone 5, has been discontinued was a surprise.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Sorry.... I have to say this. But for the life of me, I can't understand why someone would buy a iPhone 5 months before the next big announcement of an iPhone. Especially if they like the latest and greatest in tech.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry.... I have to say this. But for the life of me, I can't understand why someone would buy a iPhone 5 months before the next big announcement of an iPhone. Especially if they like the latest and greatest in tech.

Because I like the phone, and three months ago it was the greatest in tech, and it didn't a label saying the newest version would be discontinued in three months.

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site

I bought mine a few months ago when best buy was doing their trade in event. I got my iPhone 5 for $12.44!

There's one reason why someone would

Sent from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine a few months ago when best buy was doing their trade in event. I got my iPhone 5 for $12.44!

There's one reason why someone would

Sent from my iPhone 5

Exactly. My wife's iPhone 4 finally gave up the ghost... so we did the same thing. She’s happy with her $13 iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner