Back on the good side!

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I just switched back to my iPhone 5 a couple days ago from the HTC One. I just can't get over how much better the apps are for iOS. Once you get over the vanity of the android features the iPhone is just better. Love the keyboard better also.

You are not kidding about the apps! There is such a difference in quality for many apps! While yes, sometimes they cost a dollar or two, but they are worth it and constantly updated! Many android apps other than the big ones are not well designed, sometimes have very annoying tendencies like adding other apps to your phone, or annoying notifications, and joining viable alternatives just seems harder. I was easily able to find better versions of all my old android apps the first day I got my iPhone! They always look modern and up to date and function well too. Android has its awesome points and I was tempted with the new moto X but no here near enough to leave because once the newness of the OS goes away the usefulness of the phone really comes down to how reliable is it, and how are the apps.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Apparently!

No it isn't an ignorant statement as I've used four flagship Android devices here count them up, first the OG Droid --> HTC Thunderbolt --> Droid Bionic --> Samsung Galaxy Nexus and out of those devices the OG Droid was the best. Sorry that I don't agree with you anymore on which OS is more awesome.

Also if you read my post I didn't state Android itself was the POS I was referring to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is the POS. But you should already know that as you're using a Galaxy S3. If I did go back to Android which I won't in the foreseeable future until the singularity that is the Android update process is rectified I would get either the Moto X, HTC One or a Nexus phone and please don't use the only argument you guys have which is to get only Nexus devices or root and flash a rom because the majority of consumers don't want to do that.

So that ignorant enough for you?!

The nexus argument is also fairly invalid as nexus has become a gsm only phone, or at least the last one was. If I ever went back to android it would be for the Moto x because its built under the new google-Motorola which (I hope) should make the hardware/software optimization better and possibly help the android market. I owned a galaxy s2 and I will never go Samsung again. I just was not impressed for a phone I spent 200 bucks on. For me, I think android isn't a bad system at all, but the hardware is too variable, and rarely ever optimized well. This also leads to a lack of quality in apps and updates which the majority of people don't always get. I also felt I had to root my phone to get my phone working close to how I wanted because when Samsung did upgrade my phone to android 4, it was horrible. You could tell they put as little effort as possible in it. Even today, I think samsungs skins are the worst in the bunch as they still use pre-ics styling. They have gotten better but Motorola and htc have them beat 10-fold. Motorola barely uses a skin (which is nice because android did a 360 with android 4 and the holo design Is awesome) and htc uses a classy skin that feels solid and well designed for the most part. I do think android has potential and I may go back one day, but I want to feel like I buy quality and something that will last when I buy a phone, not will this phone still be supported a year into my contract and will it run reliably and have the apps I want to use. I feel like you play Russian roulette when you buy android hardware sometimes lol.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The nexus argument is also fairly invalid as nexus has become a gsm only phone, or at least the last one was. If I ever won't back to android it would be the Moto x because its built under the new google-Motorola which (I hope) should make the hardware/software optimization better and possible help the android market. I owned a galaxy s2 and I will never go Samsung again. I just was not impressed for a phone I spent 200 bucks on. For me, I think android isn't a bad system at all, but the hardware is too variable, and rarely ever optimized well. This also leads to a lack of quality in apps and updates which the majority of people don't always get. I also felt I had to root my phone to get my phone working close to how I wanted because when Samsung did upgrade my phone to android 4, it was horrible. You could tell they put as little effort as possible in it. Even today, I think samsungs skins are the worst in the bunch as they still use pre-ics styling. They have gotten better but Motorola and htc have them beat 10-fold. Motorola barely uses a skin (which is nice because android did a 360 with android 4 and the holo design Is awesome) and htc uses a classy skin that feels solid and well designed for the most part. I do think android has potential and I may go back one day, but I want to feel like I buy quality and something that will last when I buy a phone, not will this phone still be supported a year into my contract and will it run realizable and have the apps I want to use. I feel like you play Russian roulette when you buy android hardware sometimes lol.

Well said Richard! Touchwiz feels so dated! Why does it still look like gingerbread when Jellybean is out?!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Well said Richard! Touchwiz feels so dated! Why does it still look like gingerbread when Jellybean is out?!

I have no clue... I think they try and use their own bada design maybe? To me it looks so dated... If they want to use as little effort as possible on android skins then why creat them in the first place! Android holo UI is actually pretty slick. Make a couple color adjustments to make it unique if need be and add some features if you must but the skins not only make it look dated but also cause issues.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Technically just announced probably won't hear anything till they announce the next Nexus and if it looks like that mystery device from the KitKat statue video it looks ugly to me.

Really? I liked the soft touch back, still prefer the space grey though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods