How do I recover deleted Reminders

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I got a little carried away and deleted quite a few reminders by mistake. Since I have updated iCloud backup and also backup to my MBP I figured I would just restore from my last backup.

However after the restore was complete, it appears that Reminders are not backedup/restored.

Is there a way to get my Reminders back without spending $60 on a recovery program?

If not, and Reminders are not backed up normally, how do I go about ensuring that they are, so this doesn't happen again?

Appreciate any and all help.

Thanks much :)

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No unfortunatly you can't recover reminders from your native app. To the second part of your question if there was a way to do what you are asking there would be a backup for instance to the could along with a back up recovery. You either just keep them or get rid of them.
This is what I do and tried it again even though I know it works but I use Evernote for everything. When you have your completed list in iCloud as I have 2 lists... Personal and business. Once they are marked completed and lets say you have and use Evernote or start using it....:) You right click on the Completed list and it will allow you to snip to Evernote and send it directly there where you can create a Notebook and call it whatever you want 'Reminders Completed' and store the snipped list there. Sweet and simple and Evernote is free. I just wrote a guide which is under the Guides and How tos. You can check it out. This is the only thing i know and the easiest. :)

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/260896-introduction-evernote.html

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Charlyee.

I haven't had this problem yet, but looked into it for you. There is a way that I found to get them back if you happen to back up using both iCloud and iTunes. See this link for more info: Mac OS: How to recover Notes, Reminders and Calendar deleted on iPhone 4/4S/5?
If your reminders weren't backed up with iTunes or iCloud I'm not sure if you can get them back other than some type of recovery system. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.
These two links from Apples Online Support site may help you with how to back up future reminders so this doesn't happen again:
1) Choosing an iOS backup method (Should I use iTunes or iCloud to back up my iOS device?)
2) Reminders: Backing up and restoring reminders

Hopefully one of these links will provide some help with this for you. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Charlyee.

I haven't had this problem yet, but looked into it for you. There is a way that I found to get them back if you happen to back up using both iCloud and iTunes. See this link for more info: Mac OS: How to recover Notes, Reminders and Calendar deleted on iPhone 4/4S/5?
If your reminders weren't backed up with iTunes or iCloud I'm not sure if you can get them back other than some type of recovery system. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.
These two links from Apples Online Support site may help you with how to back up future reminders so this doesn't happen again:
1) Choosing an iOS backup method (Should I use iTunes or iCloud to back up my iOS device?)

I did not see your response Rose and hope that works but gave an alternative just in case so hopefully one of ours will work for her. Thank you for helping out Rose. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did not see your response Rose and hope that works but gave an alternative just in case so hopefully one of ours will work for her. Thank you for helping out Rose. :)
I think we were replying at the same time. I type slow, lol. :laughing:

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This is what I do and tried it again even though I know it works but I use Evernote for everything. When you have your completed list in iCloud as I have 2 lists... Personal and business. Once they are marked completed and lets say you have and use Evernote or start using it....:) You right click on the Completed list and it will allow you to snip to Evernote and send it directly there where you can create a Notebook and call it whatever you want 'Reminders Completed' and store the snipped list there. Sweet and simple and Evernote is free. I just wrote a guide which is under the Guides and How tos. You can check it out. This is the only thing i know and the easiest. :)

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/260896-introduction-evernote.html
Thanks very much Jaguarr40, I have Evernote on both my iPad and iPhone but don't use it, go figure. That is a great guide, thanks and your solution sounds simple enough to get the completed tasks off Reminders. I will certainly give it a try. :)

Hi Charlyee.

Hey IR, thanks so much for doing the research for me. I think between the Evernote method and your link for backing and restoring with the Export/Import function, I am all set for next time. Of course the trick is to not have a next time. :D

Thanks for the link for the recovery method, unfortunately with the free version it will not allow me to recover and the paid version is $99.95. I am not that desperate lol. I did save the link for "just in case".

Thank you both for your detailed and helpful replies. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ You're welcome, Charlyee. :) Ouch! $99.95 That would be a very expensive fix, lol.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so an "iExpert" at a different forum insists that Reminders are backed up in iTunes and deleted ones can be restored from the latest backup, if they were in there. Somewhat suggesting that I am doing/did something wrong.

So this morning I decided to do the following:

Added a new recurring Reminder, starting from today and repeating every week with no end date. Verified that it was in all my devices and in iCloud.
Did a manual backup in iTunes stored on my MBP
Deleted this Reminder, and verified it was gone from every device.
Did a full restore from the backup just made, after verifying the date and time on it.
The Reminder did not get restored. One text message that I had deleted between the backup and restore did reappear - proving that the restore worked.

Repeated the above process with a Reminder just for tomorrow and one annual starting 9/5/13. The result was the same, the newly created (and deleted) Reminders did not get restored.

So I am convinced that Reminders do not get restored from iTunes and Juguarr40 had stated this already. Unfortunately the other person insists that it can be.

Can someone please shed some light on this seemingly easy task?

Thanks much for your continued help.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Charlyee stick with what IR and I gave you as advice because it it simple, Don't overthink it and you will be fine with with what we already told you. When it is simple use it. :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Charlyee stick with what IR and I gave you as advice because it it simple, Don't overthink it and you will be fine with with what we already told you. When it is simple use it. :)
Thanks very much, yes overthinking is one of my vices. :)

Thanks for your assurance.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are more than welcome and you are not alone, I do the same thing so anything you need please ask rather than wonder. I don't have every answer but I will always get it for you. Try Evernote since you already have it and learn how to use it with my guide, utilize the tools and you will be sorry you never gave it a chance before. Take care Charlyee and have a good day. :)

KalusRany

Banned
Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: ever notes

You can also use MobiKin Doctor for iOS to recover deleted reminders from iphone. It is the professional and popular data recovery tool for iOS device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods