So you think the 5S will be worth getting over a reduced priced 5?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So you guys think it'll be worth someone getting a 5S over a potentially reduced priced 5? (because I assume apple will still sell the 5, but discounted)

I'm in market for a new iPhone, but didn't know if it's worth going with whatever the 5S is or just going with a reduced priced 5. Is it all ways better to go as new as you can?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So you guys think it'll be worth someone getting a 5S over a potentially reduced priced 5? (because I assume apple will still sell the 5, but discounted)

I'm in market for a new iPhone, but didn't know if it's worth going with whatever the 5S is or just going with a reduced priced 5. Is it all ways better to go as new as you can?

Wait for the 5s.

64bit a7
'Nough said

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course, the decision is based on your wants and needs, but from *my* perspective, if you have a 4S or earlier model iPhone, the 5S might be worthwhile to get, but if you have an iPhone 5, I doubt it. I know I'm not upgrading to it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely think its worth the upgrade if you have an iPhone 4S or older device. It's all personal preference, what works for you.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
For me it is worth it. Based on the fact that I have the upgrades available, I have the financial means to do so, and I enjoy having the newest iteration of the iphone. I am coming from the 5, so perhaps the 'upgrade' won't be substantial, but I will welcome any improvements to speed, camera, storage amounts, etc.

From a different perspective, if the difference between a reduced-priced 5 and the new 5S is say, $100.....then you need to look at whatever the new features are and ask yourself....would you pay $100 to have those new features on your phone? Especially if you are one who keeps their device for the full 2 year contract. If so, then there is your answer. You can also factor in that perhaps you would recoup some of that $100 difference down the road when you go to trade-in or resell.

And a final perspective might be...are you using a valuable upgrade to get this new device? If so, would either the 5 or the 5S be enough to entice you from waiting to see what the iphone 6 will offer? Of course, if we always wait for the next best thing around the corner.....then we would never commit to anything. But, it's a valid question. Are you in the position to bypass both the 5 and the 5S to see if the 6 changes the game?

Best of luck with your decision. Fortunately, you are getting a great device no matter what you decide.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I should have probably prefaced by saying I currently own a nexus 4, so I'm going from Android to ios. Honestly, I gotta save for it anyway. Nothing I can get day one.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who want to save a few dollars, a reduced iPhone 5 will be totally worth it. Don't forget about the 5C which has yet to be announced. I think Apple could just as easily discontinue selling the iPhone 5 in favor of the cheaper iPhone 5c.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone has said already. If you have a 4 or 4s than I would say go for it. I have the 5 and am in know need of getting the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's probably going to be some time before I can even get a new iPhone. Weather I like it or not, I should focus on my credit debts. Get those paid off first. But it could take a while :(

And I like shiny new thing, ha ha.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't think anyone can even answer that question considering that we don't even know exactly what the 5S
will have to offer. This thread will be better suited for after the 5S announcement.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's not. I have a Jailbroke 4s that I love and would only consider an upgrade if/when a jailbreak comes out for the new 5x. Otherwise, I'll stick with my jailbroke 4s for the time being.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
For me, it's not. I have a Jailbroke 4s that I love and would only consider an upgrade if/when a jailbreak comes out for the new 5x. Otherwise, I'll stick with my jailbroke 4s for the time being.

I too have a 4S jailbroken and cringe with the thought of buying an iPhone with no jailbreak available.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I too have a 4S jailbroken and cringe with the thought of buying an iPhone with no jailbreak available.

I always thought this as well, however, the iPhone 5 was nice enough to take my mind off of not being able to JB for a few months.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So the key word to me is 'THINK' says to me how can you possibly - anyone even think to answer until specs - Full specs official from Apple come out where you can do a side by side comparison along with YOUR needs and then make up your mind and think about what you want or will do!! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234