Hi guys. I just replaced my LCD/Digizter on my Iphone 5 and now after all said and done when i put my sim card in it, it says no service. This is my first time doing a Iphone 5. I went back and made sure all the connections where tight but have no idea what to do now.

Any help would be great thanks!!!
    08-19-2013 11:20 PM
    I heard/read that sometimes it takes a little while to regain service once the sim has been removed and reinserted. Did you do a full screen swap? Or did you have a complete screen where you didn't have to do anything with the camera and such from the old screen?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    08-20-2013 12:45 AM
    The longest that I've had to wait is 4-5 min for the sim/signal to come back.
    08-20-2013 07:00 AM
    so the reason why it said no sim is because it was black listed........ When i bought the phone i checked the IMEI number and it said it was clean. Few days later i brought it to a T-Mobile store and had them check it and they said it was clean too. Then a few days later after that was when i did the screen replacement. Then i checked it and it said blacklisted (((((((((((
    08-21-2013 11:11 PM
    I've heard of this before people sell a clean esn then wait a few days or a week and then make a claim on it.
    Best thing to do when you buy it is to activate it immediately.
    08-22-2013 12:19 AM
    Just take it to apple store. Make up a story and don't tell them it has a bad esn. They will swap it out. I have done it a couple of times and I have sold bad esn iPhone where the person I sold it to has also done it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    08-22-2013 01:43 AM
    Doesn't that make you feel Wrong.

I'll keep you in mind the next time I come across a bad esn iDevice.
    08-22-2013 01:46 AM
    Doesn't that make you feel Wrong.

I'll keep you in mind the next time I come across a bad esn iDevice.
    No why. The warranty Is for hardware problem. Some people have iPhone just for music and video. So u telling me if I buy a bad esn iPhone and I use it as a media player and month later the home button stop working. I cannot exchange it at the apple store bc it has a bad esn.

08-22-2013 01:56 AM
    Yeah I see your point there.
    To me it would be wrong just to have a working bad esn device swapped out, just to have a clean esn.

That's how I understood it when you said "just make up a story and don't tell them it has a bad esn"
    08-22-2013 02:01 AM
    Yeah I see your point there.
    To me it would be wrong just to have a working bad esn device swapped out, just to have a clean esn.

That's how I understood it when you said "just make up a story and don't tell them it has a bad esn"
    Yea I know bc he got ****ed over. And I try to help out. That the only way he can get a clean esn.
    http://m.imore.com/thieves-apple-sto...stolen-iphones

08-22-2013 02:07 AM
    And u know what sad that if u buy a apple care. It tried to the phone. So if u lose the phone and get a replacement u just lost a 100 dollars. Bc the apple care does not go on the replacement

08-22-2013 02:10 AM
    That's why I have Assurion and best buys iPhone insurance.
    Apple care is good for certain things

Edit, I also just seen your post in the ipad 2 section for the cracked corner. Where another person took advantage of Apples warranty.
    If people do this why do the honest people have to buy the warranty !
    08-22-2013 02:12 AM
    I had asurion. Had I used up my 3 claim. They are good but sometime they be sending you the old iPhones that never sold. Like the last 4 iPhone 64 I got was from the sept batch. And we was in July. Lol and they all came scuff. So I was thinking maybe apple is using asurion to get rid of all the old stock

08-22-2013 02:20 AM
    That's why I have Assurion and best buys iPhone insurance.
    Apple care is good for certain things

Edit, I also just seen your post in the ipad 2 section for the cracked corner. Where another person took advantage of Apples warranty.
    If people do this why do the honest people have to buy the warranty !
    Did u read the link about apple warranty about crack screen

08-22-2013 02:21 AM
    Iphone 5 has no service after screen replace-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1377152553.511124.jpg

08-22-2013 02:22 AM
    I just read the article on thieves using apple.
    I didn't know that apple covered what you posted in the above post.
    08-22-2013 02:29 AM
    I just read the article on thieves using apple.
    I didn't know that apple covered what you posted in the above post.
    Yea apple willnt tell u. But it good that u know. It cannot be a big cracked. But if tiny then they will replace it

08-22-2013 02:38 AM
    I'll have to wait till I get back to the international mall in Tampa. Or I'll just use BB's warranty

I've got a 4s with a hair line and the screen stopped working completely. It's only a backup phone so I'm in no hurry.
    bxnextel86 likes this.
    08-22-2013 02:46 AM
    I'll have to wait till I get back to the international mall in Tampa. Or I'll just use BB's warranty

I've got a 4s with a hair line and the screen stopped working completely. It's only a backup phone so I'm in no hurry.
    Sorry I meant to press reply. But u still under the 1 year warranty right

08-22-2013 02:52 AM
    Yeah it's only a few months old. I let a girl borrow it and she dropped it from probably 10 feet onto concrete.
    It even had a otter box, that cracked also. Otters warranty is pretty good to.
    08-22-2013 02:57 AM