Any former Android owners?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint and I plan on switching to VZW. I am tired of having slow data and having to use wifi (I still would while I am at home but when you have unlimited, you shouldn't have to) , billing problems and rude customer service when I have to call in about something they caused. My final straw was when the new surcharges have gone up to almost $20 on my account and they took my discount off my account and that was the one final thing holding me to them. For my needs and usage history I will be saving a few bucks on vzw and will actually have service that works all the time so even if I was paying more I would gladly pay it

Hear ya there. Never have had sprint but I worked at a call center that dealt with customer service for Sprint and they truly are a deplorable company.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hear ya there. Never have had sprint but I worked at a call center that dealt with customer service for Sprint and they truly are a deplorable company.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

You're being too kind, I honestly have never seen a company as whole that employs so many stupid people. I have tried to cancel so many times but whenever I am at that point I wind up with the 5% that know how to do their job and I stay and everytime I am like I am going to regret this in a few months haha. As I said when they took my discount it was the end, I am actually trying to figure out if I won't have to pay them the etf since they changed pricing without my consent or even a notice, somewhere it should void the contracts I signed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're being too kind, I honestly have never seen a company as whole that employs so many stupid people. I have tried to cancel so many times but whenever I am at that point I wind up with the 5% that know how to do their job and I stay and everytime I am like I am going to regret this in a few months haha. As I said when they took my discount it was the end, I am actually trying to figure out if I won't have to pay them the etf since they changed pricing without my consent or even a notice, somewhere it should void the contracts I signed.
Because they put the kindest and most patient people in retentions lol

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually really do like android but for the second time in a month I have to send my Note 2 in for repair. I know it has nothing to do with android being bad but in a way it reflects poorly on Android to me in a indirect way. My iPhone 5 I have had since December of 2012 I have not once had to send in for repair, no downtime whereas with Android I have had downtime. Samsung also isn't as good about handling it when as Apple was when I had lots of trouble with my 4 that also reflects on iOS in a good way. I do wish iOS had a way for me to store documents on my phone (if anybody knows an app for this that would be great) I also wish iOS let me attach files from the stock email app. But for me right now Android has annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and I plan on switching to VZW. I am tired of having slow data and having to use wifi (I still would while I am at home but when you have unlimited, you shouldn't have to) , billing problems and rude customer service when I have to call in about something they caused. My final straw was when the new surcharges have gone up to almost $20 on my account and they took my discount off my account and that was the one final thing holding me to them. For my needs and usage history I will be saving a few bucks on vzw and will actually have service that works all the time so even if I was paying more I would gladly pay it

I've been with Verizon since well before they were Verizon I'll admit I've had my issues but never service issues .. I swear by them everywhere I have traveled service has never been a issue .. LTE is decent not the fastest out there but reliable

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As a trucking nerd, my wife and I travel throughout the US on a weekly basis. Over the last 13 years, we have tried all the major carriers and Verizon has, hands down, the best coverage and best customer service we have found. We currently have 5 lines with them and I find very few areas where we cannot get coverage ( these are areas where no one else has coverage either ).
The iphone5 that we chose for our primary phones has been a joy to use. While we still use android for a very few apps that we need for the business, apple has designed a product that will keep me with them for the foreseeable future. I think I will pass on the 5s and wait for the 6 as there seem to be a few bugs yet to be worked out with the finger print reader ( and a few privacy issues with the NSA ) but the 5 is doing a great job for us. iOS 7 is really a great improvement and the new feature set will keep me busy for quite a while. The update has given us a whole new device.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC One for about 3 weeks. Horrible battery drain(wakelock issues), slow charging, crappy onscreen time...I was babying it all the time. With my iPhone I can use it as much as I want and not be worrying about draining and spending 3 hours charging it back up again. Very, very happy I switched but also from all the other platforms I have tried starting with my 920 last November. Apple works best for me and every time I get that itch, all I have to remember is my experience with WP8, BB10 and Android.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I originally had an Iphone 3GS as my first phone. Then when it came time to upgrade I bought a Galaxy S2, at the start it was a really nice phone but after awhile the Carrier updates screwed it to hell. Unfortunately I couldn't "Flash" or "Root" it because aside from not having a full understanding of the process I just couldn't take that risk with my only main phone. Afterwards I recently got a Nexus 4 and while that really was a nice phone, I just didn't like the screen size of it. So now I've ordered an Iphone 5 on eBay and i'm hoping I won't look back from it. I know my entire family all use Iphones and they enjoy there's so I've been the odd ball, trying Android and Windows Phone 8.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Used the Galaxy s2 then upgraded to s3 for about a combined 2 year of usage on android. What I hated about android is it comes with too much stock bloatware (unless you get like a nexus or a clean android), im not a fan of the stock music app, gallery app, texting app etc. I know you could root, install roms etc which is what I did but I got annoyed having to update often because rom developers would be updating their roms so often. I hated how you have to tick like 3-4 things in location services to get a damn accurate GPS reading when on the iPhone all you need to do is turn on ONE location services if you want like google maps etc. Battery life wasn't that great either, I always had location services turned off unless I needed it for GPS or checking in on facebook or yelp. i switched to an iPhone 5 b/c i soft bricked my s3.... I've now used the iPhone 5 for nearly a year now and i get a much better user experience. Everything stock works great, theres no need to jailbreak, battery life is better than the s2 and s3, and it's bloatware free.

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I see your point of view of everyone having iPhones and the users being pretty content with it. Just coming from Android, I'd say I'm a pretty experienced user since 08 or 09 using the original Moto Droid, HTC Evo, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus & and Samsung Galaxy S4 from which I switched over from.

I loved Android for all of it's tinkering/switching and options that you can do within apps. For example having a weather widget on the home screen is pretty great being that you dont have to physically dive into an app and check. Also if you are a big Gmail user or use Google apps in general and live within that eco system then I would say your best bet is to stick to Android device

Sure there are B+ apps that you'll find on iOS to get your Android fix which is fine and that's what I'm doing on iOS now such as Google Search, Feedly that was connected to Google reader before, Google maps etc...Making the jump over to an iPhone for me were features like the camera, the deep deep system of apps that it runs and what everyone will say "the ease of use" which in my opinion doesn't get any easier being that the homescreen looks like a big app drawer.

If those factors play into your decision, I hope I helped a bit on choosing a platform

hc_1540

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just about to make the leap when my 5 gets delivered tomorrow. Decided to try out the 5 first before possibly making the jump to a 5S

Actually I'll be moving from Windows Phone to iOS but still consider myself to be an Android user. I reckon the more 'closed'* nature of WP has made me more amenable to making the switch to iOS.

To be honest, the design of a handset is probably THE main deciding factor when choosing a phone so I'm a bit surprised with myself that I haven't made the jump sooner.

* by 'closed' I mean not being able to fill my screen with frankly pointless widgets or tinkering around with ROMS etc.

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so here is my list of Androids I have used,well I started out with a Droid incredible 2,then switched to Droid razr then Razr MAXX then Galaxy S3..then again( Galaxy note 2) I loved this phone but switched carriers to sprint from Verizon and got the Galaxy S4 I rooted and rommed every single phone then I traded my S4 for this IPhone 5 32gb and I was like ............AAHHH iOS where have you been all my life seriously I love this phone can't wait to see what the IPhone 6 is going to bring.. All this phone switching was within a 2 year period BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Android phone and am seriously considering switching to the Iphone 5. The rest of the family has Iphones (one 5 and two 4s phones) and the apps seem to just work so well with the phone. Iphone owners seem to be happy. I've met more then one iphone owners with their 2 year old phone that isn't even considering upgrading to something else. For those that have Android experience and switched to iOS, how's that working for you? Any advice you can give is appreciated.

I used a Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver for close to 7 months last year and later a Nexus 4 briefly. That was after using iOS exclusively since the iPhone was released. I missed the no headaches of iOS. I found Android has little quirks. I also found the apps to often be lesser version of their iOS versions, in addition to even more junk apps than in the App Store. Eventually the sum of all these things was too much. I felt like I was micromanaging my phone nonstop. So I came back to iOS.

I had been considering picking up a Moto X as a secondary device lately. But now that I've had time with iOS 7 I really have no desire to use Android at all for any reason.

If you can live without being able to customize every pixel on your screen and are satisfied with the 4" iPhone then go for it. Maybe you could convince a family member to let you switch for a day and try their iPhone and see if you like it.

hc_1540

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
AAHHH iOS where have you been all my life

My thoughts exactly. Had the iPhone 5 for a few days now and absolutely loving it. Some people may throw words around like 'restricted' and 'walled garden' but for me it feels like freedom, freedom from messing around with settings, tweaks, themes etc.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Im using the note 2 as I type this and while it's a good phone. I actually think its just slightly too big and pretty ugly OS. Tomorrow im meeting someone to trade for a 16gb iPhone 5 and I hope everything goes smoothly. I just dont understand the ios7 anti thief thing. Im eager to come back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

djstarion

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as Android devices I've had, my list would be:

Droid Eris
Motorola Droid
Droid 2
Droid X
Droid Incredible 2
Galaxy Nexus

I traded my 4 for the Nexus (when it was kind of new still), but ended up getting a 4S and now a 5. Not many Android devices made me contemplate going back, but the Moto X is so close for me. If I ever had the money to buy a device outright, it would be that one or an HTC One.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have never had an android, but my wife uses one. She has the galaxy s4. I personally think from the few times I have used it that it's too big, and isn't as smooth as the iPhone. But that's just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had Android in the past including the EVO, DroidX and Droid DNA.

Platform was amazing, the functions and performance is lagging, slow at times and typing on it is impossible at times. Being with iPhone for about 2 years starting with the 4 now currently with the 5, iOS and it's apps runs very smoothly, never been disappointed with iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had many android, blackberry's, and only 2 iPhones. The iPhone is hands down my favorite. I started with blackberry and eventually switched to a few different androids. I finally got an iPhone 4. My goodness, I loved it. I was hooked into apple from then, or so I thought. After about a year or so, I got sucked back into the Android world. My was that a mistake. After my common sense came back into my head, I realized I needed to get another iPhone. So I got the 5 and that's what I'm currently on. I'm happy I came back to apple and I plan on staying with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative