go with the iphone 5 its doesnt lag and skinny and also the battery life is about the same
    08-20-2013 06:23 PM
    I like both Android and iOS,,,, and currently have, an ipad, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 3 (8" and 10") and my daily driver phone is the Galaxy S4,,,,,,,,, I do miss some things about the iphone as I was a hardcore iphone junkie from day one.

I've gone back and forth between the Note 2, Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5 alot during the last year,,,,,, but in the end the large screen of the GS4 and all the features beat out the iPhone 5 for me.

Out of all my tablets my ipad is my favorite, ,,,,, but for a phone my GS4 is my favorite.

When Apple puts out a bigger than 4" screen and catchs up to Android as far as features I might come back to the iphone,,,,,, but for right now I'm sticking with my GS4.

That might change after September 10th,,,,, but then again I'm not to optimistic that the newest iphone just wont be a small incremental upgrade from the current iphone 5.

cheers
    davyo
    broadwayblues likes this.
    08-21-2013 06:57 AM
    I like both Android and iOS,,,, and currently have, an ipad, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 3 (8" and 10") and my daily driver phone is the Galaxy S4,,,,,,,,, I do miss some things about the iphone as I was a hardcore iphone junkie from day one.

I've gone back and forth between the Note 2, Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5 alot during the last year,,,,,, but in the end the large screen of the GS4 and all the features beat out the iPhone 5 for me.

Out of all my tablets my ipad is my favorite, ,,,,, but for a phone my GS4 is my favorite.

When Apple puts out a bigger than 4" screen and catchs up to Android as far as features I might come back to the iphone,,,,,, but for right now I'm sticking with my GS4.

That might change after September 10th,,,,, but then again I'm not to optimistic that the newest iphone just wont be a small incremental upgrade from the current iphone 5.

cheers
    davyo
    What features are you missing? I always hear about this missing feature set, but I use a Nexus 7 as my tablet, and while iOS is very different, it handles its own. The only "feature" I find missing is the inability to set default apps, but that has more to do with Apples philosophy than anything else. So what would you like to see on iOS?
    08-21-2013 10:28 AM
    My household has a mix bag of devices, we have and have uses Android devices, BlackBerry, and iOS. They all have features that are useful and missed when the device is not in use.

So while some of us have preferences Android and iOS the general consensus is Android phones provide the best experience for phones and iPads offer the best experience for tablets. The only time our transform(Android tablet) is uses is when one for my kids wants to write a paper.

One thing I do recommend is to do your homework look for what features are important for you and ask. Switching because you're board of iOS might not be a good reason. With iOS you get a consistent experience across devices. With Android your experience can vary based on the vendor.

For me I've settled on the note 2. It's been the form factor I've wanted since before iOS and Android even existed, back in the Palm, BlackBerry, Windows Phone days. So far it has met every expectation I had. Battery is great, very stable, very responsive, exceptional at multitasking, and excellent to read on. I don't think I'll upgrade for years to come.
    08-21-2013 10:55 AM
    I can't say I'm a former Android owner as I have a HTC One, Galaxy S4, and Nexus 4 in my gadget drawer right now as well as a Nexus 7 and Lumia 1020 but I was at the Apple store last week looking at buying a MacBook Air and instead I made an impulse buy and got an iPhone 5 32gb unlocked. I had the iPhone 5 on launch day and kept it a couple weeks before moving to the Note 2. I liked it but I've obviously been an Android guy at heart for a while now. I've always loved the iPhone hardware and build though and how well the OS is optimized for the hardware. This thing operates much more smoothly than any of the much higher spec'd devices I currently possess. And that is running a BETA version of the os (I currently have iOS beta 6 installed). Can only imagine how much smoother it will run with the final version.

Both platforms have their advantages. Even Windows Phone has its advantages. It's all about what's best for you. The older I get and having 2 kids now, one being a newborn, I have less time to tinker and play with my devices and prefer one that just works and is an all around solid performer. The iPhone 5 (with iOS 7) checks all of those boxes for me. Solid battery life, camera, ecosystem, hardware. The nexus 4 comes in a close second for me. I currently have deals in place to sell my HTC One and GS4. I'm now solidly back with iOS and keeping the iPhone 5 as my daily driver and the Lumia 1020 as my backup thanks to the camera and the Nexus 4 as my Android device due to always having the latest updates.
    08-21-2013 04:23 PM
    Long time iPhone user jumped ship to try something different. Got a Nexus 4 & GS 4 and proceeded to go back and forth between the two for the past 2-3 months. Let me tell you I've had the time of my life customizing the **** out those phones, and if I didn't have choice I'd be perfectly happy with either one of these. Fortunately I do, and as of yesterday I'm back to my old friend iOS, and the iPhone 5 with renewed appreciation for the seamless ness of hardware/software, lack of carrier branding & bloat ware, more and better working apps, and accessories like no other.
    08-21-2013 05:19 PM
    I switched from Android to the iPhone and it is great; however, I bought an iPad and hated it. Apple phone & Android tablets for me.
    08-21-2013 05:24 PM
    I had the first 3 iphones and then tried a Galaxy S3. That is sitting on my table and I am back using my 4 and waiting for the new 5s/6.
    08-21-2013 06:46 PM
    I will say I have gone through a bunch if android phones and while I was happy to an extent i still felt there is work to do on androids part. I switched to the iphone 5 and I love it. Don't get me wrong I love apple products but I am not loyal to any particular brand . My point of view is make a better product and I'll buy it simple. I do t own apple or android stock I'm not on either team i just buy what works best for me now. Right now I need my battery to last a whole day without charging no android phone that wasn't a max would suffice. So here I am with an i5 and I love it ios 7 is also very nice. Give apple a shot and don't get caught up on android apple just buy what works for you.
    Oofa likes this.
    08-22-2013 04:20 AM
    I owned an old Samsung Galaxy Captivate I liked it then I went to the HTC Aria but it was way too small! So I went back to the captivate the got an iPhone 4 for my birthday and I'm getting the 5S soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by Songbirdy; 10-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    08-24-2013 07:52 PM
    I had android phones before I got my iPhone 4. Before, I loved Android but yet I hated it. It's cool that you can customize an android pretty much however you want. But with all that freedom, I didn't know what to do with the phone. When I got my iPhone 4 I swore I wasn't ever going back to android. But the LG Optimus G came out and I wanted it. So I got that and had it for about 3 months until I made a switch to the iPhone 5. I loved my 4, so I knew I was going to love the 5. That's the phone I have to this very day. Android is a good OS and they have the cool widgets and "fun" stuff. They work, they do work. Don't get me wrong. But there are little things that you, well I, saw after using Android for a while. One thing that was a big bummer for me is the updates don't all come out to every phone at the same time. It makes sense, there are different companies that have android phones. Samsung, HTC, etc. It's funny that tons of companies pretty much make the same phone. Android phones are nearly identical to the others that are around.

I love the my iPhone 5. It simply works for me. Maybe it's not the phone for you. But almost everyone that I know that has made the switch to the iPhone had loved it. You might, and probably won't be, any different.
    08-24-2013 08:02 PM
    What features are you missing? I always hear about this missing feature set, but I use a Nexus 7 as my tablet, and while iOS is very different, it handles its own. The only "feature" I find missing is the inability to set default apps, but that has more to do with Apples philosophy than anything else. So what would you like to see on iOS?
    I can answer this question.....to me the biggest feature iOS is missing is the ability to attach documents from within the stock email app. Sure I can do it with Pages but I have to go to another app, create a new email thread and then send the attachment. With my Note 2 all I have to do is attach the document to the email from within the gmail app and I don't have to start a new thread. I don't use my phone for games....I am a productivity user for my phone and this is the biggest issue with iOS to me. Apple does do a very good job of making things work easier than other OS's but they need to make this happen quick, if they did I really think they would be even bigger in business.

Having to start a new thread to send attach a document may not seem like a big deal but its more to keep track of and it's a burden to have to keep switching threads.

I also think having some type of file system would be a help. Having a way to store documents on my phone and view them would be a huge help, it would eliminate the need for yet another app.
    08-24-2013 08:17 PM
    I can answer this question.....to me the biggest feature iOS is missing is the ability to attach documents from within the stock email app. Sure I can do it with Pages but I have to go to another app, create a new email thread and then send the attachment. With my Note 2 all I have to do is attach the document to the email from within the gmail app and I don't have to start a new thread. I don't use my phone for games....I am a productivity user for my phone and this is the biggest issue with iOS to me. Apple does do a very good job of making things work easier than other OS's but they need to make this happen quick, if they did I really think they would be even bigger in business.

Having to start a new thread to send attach a document may not seem like a big deal but its more to keep track of and it's a burden to have to keep switching threads.

I also think having some type of file system would be a help. Having a way to store documents on my phone and view them would be a huge help, it would eliminate the need for yet another app.
    I understand the need for that, in fact when I first got my n iPhone I was quite taken aback by that. I have since gotten used to limited email functions, but I hope it gets better some day.

Tapatalking on the N7....
    08-24-2013 08:50 PM
    I understand the need for that, in fact when I first got my n iPhone I was quite taken aback by that. I have since gotten used to limited email functions, but I hope it gets better some day.

It's all about the little things. But the little things make the biggest difference. Another downfall for me being on Verizon is the lack of voice and data at the same time.
    08-24-2013 09:30 PM
    It's all about the little things. But the little things make the biggest difference. Another downfall for me being on Verizon is the lack of voice and data at the same time.
    Haha yeh, the little things make a difference. I stick with iOS though, because there are some speciality apps I need. I also think the general app quality is better. Thing is I use Google apps, so talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'll at stick with iOS until my next upgrade at least, and see what happens.

08-24-2013 09:42 PM
    I use both. For me, it's an 'and' option rather than 'either - or'. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. I experiment a lot with my Android, not at all with my 4s. And both of them live happily together

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2013 01:14 AM
    Things I would miss if I went back to iphone would be a lot of the things my GS4 does do,,,,,,,,,, LED notifications, the bigger size screen, the texting with predictive words makes texting a breeze, ability to play most formats of video and audio, the HD screen ratio, true HD vids on YouTube, ability to import and play most all formats into my GS4, the slow motion video recording gets used a lot on my GS4 (all thou I have seen rumors the iphone might start including a slow motion video recording feature).

Those are just few of the things that come to mind immediately of what I would miss if I came back to the iPhone.

Yes, there are some things I miss about the iphone but they are out numbered by the things I would miss about my GS4.

Like many here I'm just waiting to see what Apple comes out with,, I'm not married to either iOS or Android,,,, Apple has just lagged so far behind and I am truly bummed about that,,,,,, I really was a hardcore Apple junkie up untill this last year.

After I jumped ship from the iphone it didn't take me long to figure out why so many others have done the same.

Next on my shopping list is the rumored Samsung 12" tablet for October release,,,,,, but then again,,, if the rumored 13" ipad happens that will for sure be on my must buy list.

As far as phones,,,,,, I could go back to the iPhone,,, but to get me back Apple has to start doing what they used to do with innovations and cool impressive usefull features.

It's kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.

Cheers
    Davyo
    _X_ likes this.
    08-25-2013 08:08 AM
    Things I would miss if I went back to iphone would be a lot of the things my GS4 does do,,,,,,,,,, LED notifications, the bigger size screen, the texting with predictive words makes texting a breeze, ability to play most formats of video and audio, the HD screen ratio, true HD vids on YouTube, ability to import and play most all formats into my GS4, the slow motion video recording gets used a lot on my GS4 (all thou I have seen rumors the iphone might start including a slow motion video recording feature).

Those are just few of the things that come to mind immediately of what I would miss if I came back to the iPhone.

Yes, there are some things I miss about the iphone but they are out numbered by the things I would miss about my GS4.

Like many here I'm just waiting to see what Apple comes out with,, I'm not married to either iOS or Android,,,, Apple has just lagged so far behind and I am truly bummed about that,,,,,, I really was a hardcore Apple junkie up untill this last year.

After I jumped ship from the iphone it didn't take me long to figure out why so many others have done the same.

Next on my shopping list is the rumored Samsung 12" tablet for October release,,,,,, but then again,,, if the rumored 13" ipad happens that will for sure be on my must buy list.

As far as phones,,,,,, I could go back to the iPhone,,, but to get me back Apple has to start doing what they used to do with innovations and cool impressive usefull features.

It's kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.

Cheers
    Davyo
    I Dont agree with the getting kicked. Only one phone has sales comparable with the iPhone and that is the galaxy series. It was never reasonable to expect iOS to compete and outsell the sum of all the other OEMs (thousands) that exist and use the Android platform. Apple is still doing quite well for itself, it does however have to face the possibility of not doing well in the future. The ball is in their court, let's see what is their next move.
    08-25-2013 09:37 AM
    kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.
    I am in no way devoted to iOS or Android either, I like whatever works best for my needs.

I assume you're talking in shipment numbers? If so of course android will kick apple. I really hate all the articles saying android shipments outnumber apple so iOS is doomed. Of course android shipments are going to outnumber iOS because how many Android handsets are currently out compared to iOS?

If you were to take just specific phones. For example the iPhone 5 and compare it by shipments to just a single Android phone the numbers wouldn't be so swayed in Androids favor.

So by Apple currently selling 3 iPhone models and Android having so many who knows how many there are is rather impressive what apple's shipment numbers are compared to android.

Another thing that's unfair to Apple is people say the iphone is only selling because it's made by Apple. Does that really matter? Whether or not they're selling because of the Apple logo or not a sale is a sale. Apple has huge profit margins on all its products but Apple is a business, it's their job to make money and they make huge $$$. The general consumer knows you can buy a Windows computer or an android phone/tablet for a lot cheaper but they still choose apple therefore for Apple to lower its prices would be dumb on their part, they're making money which is what businesses are supposed to do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by thatotherdude24; 08-25-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    08-25-2013 10:57 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Android phone and am seriously considering switching to the Iphone 5. The rest of the family has Iphones (one 5 and two 4s phones) and the apps seem to just work so well with the phone. Iphone owners seem to be happy. I've met more then one iphone owners with their 2 year old phone that isn't even considering upgrading to something else. For those that have Android experience and switched to iOS, how's that working for you? Any advice you can give is appreciated.
    If you like flashing Roms and tweaking stick with Android. Iphone is great out of the box. I've had 6 or 7 Androids before switching to iphone.
    08-25-2013 11:17 AM
    I think all O.S. are pretty impressive. You will especially notice this if you are over 50 and remember phone booths and shoe-box sized "portable" phones.
    I have used many Android, iPhone and BlackBerry devices and for a while there, I was switching between my iPhone 4s, BlackBerry 9930 and Galaxy S3 about every 2 weeks to see just how much I missed the other phones features or performance and what I came away with is that some people love to sit around customizing, tweaking and generally playing with the device in order to make it "better". Android allows you to do just that like no other phone. Lagging and crashes and issues seem to be dealt with by more customizing and searching for "the app" that will fix this and fix that. Some people love to do that. Nothing wrong with that if you enjoy spending a lot of time glued to your phone. They enjoy the "fixing" and "solving the issue" part of owning an Android and that's fine. I finally realized that I was paying way too much attention to my Android phone than I thought was normal. BlackBerry was a very good simple phone but it lacked many apps that I require for work. So far, I've ended up using my iPhone 4s because it is a very simple phone that does not present me with problems to solve in order to use the phone as it was meant to be used. I don't have to think about it. I just use it and it does what I need it to do.
    iwoodland likes this.
    08-25-2013 11:24 AM
    I used to have a Droid Incredible 2. I loved that phone. It had all the features I needed, global, perfect size, even a built-in FM radio. I loved it, but with the lack of updates and the phone soon becoming very laggy, I figured it was time to make a switch. I was going to switch to Blackberry because I thought that BB10 was just outstanding but decided to go with the iPhone 5 and am really glad I did. Since I aleady had iPods, an iPad, and a MacBook, my iPhone fit right it and worked seamlessy with them. You really can't go wrong as the iPhone will get plenty of updates and support and is a widely used phone so I think you would like it. And thats just my two cents...
    08-25-2013 11:49 AM
    I literally just switched to iPhone 24 hrs ago and regret nothing. Faster phone clearer screen and better more efficient apps. I'm glad I finally made the switch I love my iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dc9super80 likes this.
    08-25-2013 01:50 PM
    Been to Android and back..... More hype then anything.... had to do more to any device I have ever owned to work GOOD out of the box...

​iPhone 5 - No issues.
    This is so true a out the iPhone 5 I am truly amazed how well the device responds and the apps work well and don't crash.
    There are a few thing missing that google has but not enough to switch back. Hopefully IOS 7 improves on these shortcomings in the near future.
    08-27-2013 08:14 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Android phone and am seriously considering switching to the Iphone 5. The rest of the family has Iphones (one 5 and two 4s phones) and the apps seem to just work so well with the phone. Iphone owners seem to be happy. I've met more then one iphone owners with their 2 year old phone that isn't even considering upgrading to something else. For those that have Android experience and switched to iOS, how's that working for you? Any advice you can give is appreciated.
    I go back and forth between both OSs, and the main reason I prefer the iPhone is because of the apps and 3rd party peripherals support. I'm generally okay with how both OSs operate, it's just that android has seriously crappy apps.
    08-27-2013 09:52 PM
95 1234