Is iPhone just a status symbol?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is iPhone just a status?

Honestly I look at it as something that's overpriced and unintelligent people buy for a status symbol. And to be fair a lot of the people using it find android too complicated...

A study conducted by The Pew Research Center shows other wise. Their study showed that "Higher levels of education also correlated closely with iPhone ownership. Of those survey participants who said they had a graduate or postgraduate degree, 38 per cent said they owned an iPhone, while 29 per cent said they owned an Android phone."

In case you'd like to read the rest here's a link to the article: Study: US iPhone owners tend to be rich, educated, white

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Honestly I look at it as something that's overpriced and unintelligent people buy for a status symbol. And to be fair a lot of the people using it find android too complicated...

That's really interesting, especially the unintelligent part...why you ask? It's very similar to the way I view your posts on this forum.

Weren't you going back to Crackberry?

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Its a phone, plain and simple. Its works the way it should. I answer it when it rings. It sends a text when needed

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

iPhone is my preferred choice of device. It works for me. There's nothing more to it. By the way, Crackberry called, they want you home. Have a great day!

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I am being honest here, is iPhone just a status phone rather than something actually worth the money? I agree the app market is full of quality apps unlike android where people can put complete crap up, but I really don't think iPhone is worth the money and it's just paying for a brand. Anyone able to change my mind?
Yes It is. I'm completely fine with that.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am being honest here, is iPhone just a status phone rather than something actually worth the money? I agree the app market is full of quality apps unlike android where people can put complete crap up, but I really don't think iPhone is worth the money and it's just paying for a brand. Anyone able to change my mind?

Not to me. It's a useful tool that I enjoy using and I get things done with.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You also cannot mind seeing one of these once in awhile.
nu3adyru.jpg

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
An iPhone is simple it works when it first came out It started off as a status symbol but during the years people started to realize how great the phone is

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Interesting and quite unfounded observations. But you are entitled to your opinions regardless of how blatantly incorrect they are. Now if you don't mind, I'm tiring of crackberry calling and asking for their little troll to come home. Scurry along now lil fella....

Any-who finn is being too nice with such an ignorant comment as you just posted. For one thing I used Android for two years before coming back to the iPhone and not once did I find it 'too complicated' I actually flashed kernels and Roms quite frequently. Instead of being complicated I found Android to be quite cumbersome especially with all of the freaking tweaking you have to do just to get decent battery life.

So if I'm 'unintelligent' for wanting a phone that I have to nothing to for an awesome experience so be it.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

wanted198

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

A study conducted by The Pew Research Center shows other wise. Their study showed that "Higher levels of education also correlated closely with iPhone ownership. Of those survey participants who said they had a graduate or postgraduate degree, 38 per cent said they owned an iPhone, while 29 per cent said they owned an Android phone."

In case you'd like to read the rest here's a link to the article: Study: US iPhone owners tend to be rich, educated, white

You think owning an iPhone makes you intelligent now? Not to mention the racism in the title of that report, saying white people are better than other races.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

You think owning an iPhone makes you intelligent now? Not to mention the racism in the title of that report, saying white people are better than other races.

First, take a minute and review what you wrote above. That was you who labeled iPhone users as "unintelligent", correct? I simply posted a study that was done recently that shows otherwise. Secondly, lets leave the race talk out of this discussion as it doesn't belong in here. Thanks. Thirdly, Yes, I do consider myself to be an intelligent person. However, this is because of the good education that I've received. I'm not giving my iPhone any credit for that. :laughing:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Lol.

Do you read and comprehend English much? There is nothing in that title that states that.

If you want to be a troll, be productive and be an intelligent one.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

One of the reasons I prefer iPhone over the other phones is because of they way it looks and its build quality. I can't stand the gaps and bulge that other phones have. I hate squeaky plastics. Apple's ecosystem is number 1 IMO. I like the consistent experience. I have an Apple TV in the house and everything just work together. But really if you are not picky on how the phone looks or how it feels then my points become a moot. I'm just one of those people who pay attention to little details.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but have you checked out the HTC one? I picked one up yesterday and wow. Not sure if they were trying to copy apple or if apple made it for them. Lol nice device, but taking some getting use too. I really (for me) hope apple makes an iPhone about this size 's still feels good in the hand. My iPhone 5 still feels better physically, but I'm getting off topic (sorry)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Seriously, dude. Read the title. Read the report if you can do so on your non iPhone. Don't spin it, don't interpret it. There's nothing there but facts.

​If you disagree, fine. Then there's no reason for you to continue posting here. But please stop trying to incite. It's just not cool.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The study indicates people with higher education levels choose iPhones over other devices... a fact that seems to elude you.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

And to be fair a lot of the people using it find android too complicated...
Yes Android is too complicated! Not in the sense that you're referring that people are too stupid to use it, but more along the lines that its too complicated to enjoy using on a daily basis. There's a big difference.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Wow... where in the world did that come from? Yo, troll, be gone! *POOF*

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes Android is too complicated! Not in the sense that you're referring that people are too stupid to use it, but more along the lines that its too complicated to enjoy using on a daily basis. There's a big difference.

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps the OP should replace 'complicated' with 'cumbersome'. iPhone users who I know who avoid android, do so because they don't find it efficient or effective to need to tweak a myriad of settings just to make a function work to their liking, keep changing launchers to get a feature they want or reduce lag, or replace stock options with 3rd party ones just for things to work.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Stop it.

I'd tell you to go back to CrackBerry but we don't want you over there either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Stop it.

I'd tell you to go back to CrackBerry but we don't want you over there either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reminds me of the old song "I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me." Only this is "We don't want him, you can him him, he's too troll for us." :)