Why am I a troll because I ask a question and come here with a negative view on iphone?
    That's pretty much the definition. You obviously didn't come in here to find out how the iPhone works so that you could consider purchasing one.

​My advice to all is that they put you on their ignore list and move on.
    swarlos, pr1nce, Fausty82 and 1 others like this.
    09-01-2013 08:56 PM
    That's pretty much the definition. You obviously didn't come in here to find out how the iPhone works so that you could consider purchasing one.

He’s been on mine since before he was banned the last time...
    Alli likes this.
    09-01-2013 09:26 PM
    Why am I a troll because I ask a question and come here with a negative view on iphone?
    It's not just having a negative view on iphone, see, I have a negative view on Android phones, and both examples are ok. But YOU have a negative view of people who choose something you dont care about. Then you ridicule and insult them, after you unsuccessfully try to pose yourself as someone who is unbiased.

When I got to Android forums, Car forums Political forums, etc. - I state my bias to be fair, and I state my point, and ask questions. I get respected. How about you answer my question - if you think you know value - Why would you pay $200 subsidized or worse, full price, for a device that is designed to increase advertizing revenue for an advertizement company. Is it because they offer ability to make calls, and change wallpapers? Why would you pay for a device that uses FREEWARE (free software to push advertizing or other products) as a core OPERATING SYSTEM. A better value would be if they pay you to use it, not the other way around. Samsung doesn't even respect their customers to install a finished gimmick that works consistently. Google just announced that "you should not expect your privacy when using their products". And the proof = how much bloatware is on your "latest and greatest" they're all fighting for your clicks: Google, Samsung, HTC, AT&T, Verizon - all have their preinstalled unremovable but useless bloatware. <--- that's forced advertizing at its best. Bro, you've been lied to, but no, you have a widget (also buncha pre-installed useless ones), yey!!!

People choose iPhone because they want a TOOL! People choose Android for the same reason but receive a gimmick instead.

To everyone else, sorry guys, but this guy is pissing me off. He offends others, and does not answer when presented with a reply - lets see him answer these...
    kch50428 and swarlos like this.
    09-01-2013 09:29 PM
    It's not just having a negative view on iphone, see, I have a negative view on Android phones, and both examples are ok. But YOU have a negative view of people who choose something you dont care about. Then you ridicule and insult them, after you unsuccessfully try to pose yourself as someone who is unbiased.

When I got to Android forums, Car forums Political forums, etc. - I state my bias to be fair, and I state my point, and ask questions. I get respected. How about you answer my question - if you think you know value - Why would you pay $200 subsidized or worse, full price, for a device that is designed to increase advertizing revenue for an advertizement company. Is it because they offer ability to make calls, and change wallpapers? Why would you pay for a device that uses FREEWARE (free software to push advertizing or other products) as a core OPERATING SYSTEM. A better value would be if they pay you to use it, not the other way around. Samsung doesn't even respect their customers to install a finished gimmick that works consistently. Google just announced that "you should not expect your privacy when using their products". And the proof = how much bloatware is on your "latest and greatest" they're all fighting for your clicks: Google, Samsung, HTC, AT&T, Verizon - all have their preinstalled unremovable but useless bloatware. <--- that's forced advertizing at its best. Bro, you've been lied to, but no, you have a widget (also buncha pre-installed useless ones), yey!!!

People choose iPhone because they want a TOOL! People choose Android for the same reason but receive a gimmick instead.
    'Nuff said.
    09-01-2013 09:32 PM
    For some, the mobile devices that they carry can be considered as a status symbol, or as a need to fit in with their friends and peers.

Today's mobile users have an expectation that their information and data will be available on any one of their devices (Laptop, Tablet, and Phone) at any time. With that there are only three platforms that really offer this option:

1. Apple: Mac OS Laptops, IOS Phones and Tablets (One brand)

2. Google: Chrome Books, Android Phones and Tablets (multiple brands)

3. Microsoft: Windows Laptops, Phones and Tablets (multiple brands)

For those who actually rely on these devices for their daily routines and jobs, they look at the entire ecosystem that a given platform offers and how it fits into their needs to get things accomplished (both at work and at play). They have done their research and selected the appropriate platform. Those individuals who fit into this group do not select their platform based on carrying a status symbol, they are simply carrying a tool and a toy!
    09-01-2013 09:56 PM

To everyone else, sorry guys, but this guy is pissing me off. He offends others, and does not answer when presented with a reply - lets see him answer these...
    Android is a gimmick? That's new.
    09-01-2013 10:02 PM
    Android certainly is not a gimmick. But some of the devices on android try hard at passing off gimmicks as innovation. But hey, it's working. The Samsung S series has even the so-called 'intelligent' writers praising Samsung for this apparent innovation while denouncing Apple for its lack there-of.
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-01-2013 10:47 PM

You think that's a troll? No a troll is someone who deliberately stirs up trouble/arguments. I came here just to see what iphone is like and why people are willing to pay so much for a locked down device which lacks advanced features/customisation.

It's pretty sad the iphone forum can't handle criticism which is completely obvious to everyone about the phone.
    09-01-2013 11:08 PM
    Perhaps they've seen one of your various posts where you bash the iPhone and insult the users of this forum.
    Why don't you crawl back under your bridge?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9071251
    Now that his true feelings and tactics are known, I think watching the "Apologize to My Mule" scene from Clint Eastwood in "A Fistfull of Dollars" is fitting repentance. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=5Mk_sUPtYjw
    Last edited by Dog5000; 09-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    09-01-2013 11:09 PM
    Now that his true feelings and tactics are known, I think watching the "Apologize to My Mule" scene from Clint Eastwood in "A Fistfull of Dollars" is fitting repentance.
    Honestly I don't see one part of my statement that isn't true though.
    09-01-2013 11:20 PM
    You are a troll get over it.
    09-01-2013 11:35 PM
    You think that's a troll? No a troll is someone who deliberately stirs up trouble/arguments. I came here just to see what iphone is like and why people are willing to pay so much for a locked down device which lacks advanced features/customisation.

It's pretty sad the iphone forum can't handle criticism which is completely obvious to everyone about the phone.
    Your posts define trolling (though you're not a very good one to be honest)...you came here to deliberately start an argument, so you yourself have defined your existence on this forum as one of trolling.

People can handle criticism here quite well, happens all the time. What people grow sick of is little pi$s ants who come here like the little bully on the school yard play ground...you throw a punch and then you hide behind the facade of "having an opinion" or as you put it "seeing what the iPhone is like" while cowering behind the teacher when everyone else comes at you. You're too cowardly to admit why you're really here, so you try to portray this elaborate quest for knowledge. You're most likely an alter-ego of someone who did the same thing in the past and was either banned or left, and I'm sure once this screen name winds up in the same boat, you'll make a new name and start all over again.

The beauty of it all really though is the fact that people like you, as useless and illegitimate as you are to the community, actually bring out the best IN the community...you strengthen the core because people will sit and argue with you, and they'll show their true colors, their loyalty and their true enjoyment of the product at hand...and you sit there as the bullseye...and you sharpen their abilities to converse skillfully on here by continuing the redundant arguments you present.

In reality, you're actually a really great part of the forum here, because every time someone comes here and reads your ridiculous banter, they probably sit back and go "This place aint half bad" because they see everyone band together to point out your idiocy. In the end, while you bury yourself with your asinine attempts at "logic", you're doing the forum a favor...and I bet realizing that just chaps your *** something fierce doesn't it?

Keep it up, kiddo!
    swarlos, taz323, kch50428 and 4 others like this.
    09-01-2013 11:53 PM
    I went too far, huh?

EDIT: but it's defiantly Freeware.
    Last edited by Alik Malix; 09-02-2013 at 01:52 AM.
    anon5664829 likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:36 AM
    Wanted198, you said "Honestly I don't see one part of my statement that isn't true though."

Unfortunately, others do. Bottom line don't insult people if u want them to play nice. Don't act like you did not try to troll. And finally own up to it, and if you can easily afford both (like you said) buy both and the one you don't like "throw it against the wall". Originally it'd be interesting to know what u thought, but at this point I know regardless how good the iPhone was you will trash it and people that like to use it. At this point this whole thread is just entertainment while trying to out-wit the triller. Tag - you're "it".
    anon5664829 likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:49 AM

You are NOT here to know what an iPhone is like. You know why you came here? to troll us that's why. You are a troll because you did deliberately stir us up and now you have given us the opportunity to strengthen the unity on this board to deal with you little trolls. a bit like the immune system(us) learning how to to take down new diseases(you) so I thank you for making us stronger and for giving us unity. On a side note your posts are extremely stupid and I can't believe your lack of knowledge.
    09-02-2013 01:52 AM
    I went too far, huh?

EDIT: but it's defiantly Freeware.
    I like Alik's assessment, Chet most of the Android apps and Android itself feels like a half assed put together piece of Freeware when compared to the smoothness and polished interface of iOS.

See wanted I can say that cause I've used Android for two years.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-02-2013 02:22 AM
    I like Alik's assessment, Chet most of the Android apps and Android itself feels like a half assed put together piece of Freeware when compared to the smoothness and polished interface of iOS.

See wanted I can say that cause I've used Android for two years.

But not on a Nexus. believe me if you find HOLO based apps you will be blown away! trust me it really looks elegant.
    09-02-2013 03:51 AM
    But not on a Nexus. believe me if you find HOLO based apps you will be blown away! trust me it really looks elegant.
    I know I owned a Nexus device. But the problem with Android developers is they drag their feet on updating their apps to Google's standards.

09-02-2013 04:00 AM
    I know I owned a Nexus device. But the problem with Android developers is they drag their feet on updating their apps to Google's standards.

Definitely agree there.
    Note: I by no way believe what the OP says and do not agree with him.
    09-02-2013 04:20 AM

Why don't you stake out an Apple store until they ban you and them post conspiracy theories about Apple sending people to watch you from your garbage can? You know, like you boasted about at CB about Samsung.

I think you're a troll because you have gone to three sites on MN and acted like a lunatic. How you aren't permabanned I'll never know.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-02-2013 05:51 AM
    so, lets start from the beginning.
    "I am being honest here, is iPhone just a status phone rather than something actually worth the money?": first you come out with a statement that shows that you hate iphone because it is over priced.

"Honestly I look at it as something that's overpriced and unintelligent people buy for a status symbol. And to be fair a lot of the people using it find android too complicated...": you just justified my statement above.

"If it's "just a simple phone and nothing more" why does it cost so much?":this statement portrays you like a guy who has an old nokia or blackberry phone standing out of an apple store and thinking why the hell people are buying this? i can't even afford it! btw 'simplicity ' here is about the user interface and the design. No "smart" gestures nor any wood to make it a selling point for the phone. it is just a clean product presented to you.

"And like I said: There is the Nokia Asha 210 for that and many other basic phones. No need to crank up to $650 just to have a piece of fruit on the back, is there?" now this seems like you are really dumb. Even though blackberry phones don't have a fruit on their back yet blackberry is still a fruit like apple is.

"I currently have no phone. I wanted to know what iphone is like. But it just looks like people are paying more than top range android devices for something that is locked down and not much can be..."
    haha really? who said iphone is locked down. You can do all sorts of things by jailbreaking. but most people opt not to jailbreak because either they are tired of these things or they dont care about the gimmicks.

"Well to be fair I can easily afford an iphone too. I could buy an android, and then an iphone, and I could smash the iphone purely because I've got money I don't even need."
    strangely you are like a small kid who boasts of how many beyblades or pokemon cards he has.
    09-02-2013 09:52 AM
    I make true points about how overpriced the phone is... and that makes me a troll?

The one good thing I have to say about the phone is how it looks. Yes, it is one of the best looking phones if not the best looking one at the moment, in black for sure.

But no, people should be smart enough to buy something else than spend extortionate rates on a phone they have locked down and made simple. All it requires to make something simple is to cut features out, or in this case don't put them there in the first place. That is less work. So you're paying more for less work.
    09-02-2013 01:43 PM
    I make true points about how overpriced the phone is... and that makes me a troll?

The one good thing I have to say about the phone is how it looks. Yes, it is one of the best looking phones if not the best looking one at the moment, in black for sure.

But no, people should be smart enough to buy something else than spend extortionate rates on a phone they have locked down and made simple. All it requires to make something simple is to cut features out, or in this case don't put them there in the first place. That is less work. So you're paying more for less work.
    I would gladly pay more for something that is simpler to operate. I don't see the logic in paying for something more complicated.

Sent from my smoking hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5.
    09-02-2013 01:52 PM
    I would gladly pay more for something that is simpler to operate. I don't see the logic in paying for something more complicated.

Especially when the so-called features are just gimmicks.
    09-02-2013 01:56 PM
    Especially when the so-called features are just gimmicks.
    I'm not saying that the Android features are gimmicks. I like a lot of them. But if I were to pay more for a product, I would want it to be easier to use, not more confusing.

anon5664829 likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:59 PM
210 ... 56789