I can't see anything that is owned by every 8 year old and their grandma as a status symbol.
    ​I think this states it quite clearly.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:20 PM
    So you are willing to pay what you do for devices that:
    - are proven not to hold near the resale value of the iphone
    - unless a nexus device, are proven not to get timely updates
    - unless a nexus device, very likely will lose OS support much MUCH sooner than an apple device
    - have access to an App store that while superior in quantity, lacks overwhelmingly in the quality of its app offerings
    - are astonishingly more prone to malware than an apple device
    - while offering you more 'customization', take on increasing lag and force closes due to the mix match of 3rd party offerings
    - build their appeal on gimmicks like smart stay, smart scroll, etc
    - often times require so much tweaking just to have work at a somewhat optimum level....what others coin as customization...some refer to as pain in the ***
    - have forums with threads that run 60+ daily just with people trying to figure out why such-and-such is not working

I could go on all day. But I don't have the time. I have to tweak a keyboard, adjust a font, move a widget, restore an app, change a launcher, flash a rom, and wave my hand for a screenshot. Oh, lol, no I don't. My phone runs at an optimum level without the need for all that b.s. And fancy that.....I still have money in my wallet...

Edit: With that Keith, I am finished. The next time I feel compelled to continue this level of conversation with a guy like this I will engage in a shouting match with my ceiling.
    And like I said: There is the Nokia Asha 210 for that and many other basic phones. No need to crank up to $650 just to have a piece of fruit on the back, is there?

Moderators getting on my back giving my fractions at every turn, kch how am I doing that really?

swarlos ofcourse it is, i am going to prove my point. That and a 2 day ban from crackberry - where else do I go?
    08-29-2013 08:57 AM
    swarlos ofcourse it is, i am going to prove my point. That and a 2 day ban from crackberry - where else do I go?
    Where do you go... You could share your "wisdom" in the comments at BGR... seems you'd fit right in there.
    08-29-2013 09:11 AM
    where do you go... You could share your "wisdom" in the comments at bgr... Seems you'd fit right in there.
    bahahahahahaha
    08-29-2013 09:25 AM
    EDIT: NEVERMIND...HE GONE!
    EDIT: for the moment...

I have an honest question for you. Do you currently own an iphone? If yes, then you are a hypocrite...

However, if you do not, then I have the following questions

Why are you spending time on a forum for a product you do not own?
    Why are you spending time on a forum for a product you do not intend to own?
    Why are you so insecure that you asked others to change your mind on a topic?
    Why do you care what others spend their money on?
    Why do you care if others' perceptions of value differ from yours?
    Why do you troll?

I think that about covers it for now. I hope that you get back with answers soon because the level of genius you bring to the forums is almost orgasmic. In the meantime, I will be over in my skag forum discussing the finer points of hallucinogens....
    Last edited by Alli; 08-29-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: removed quote that was pulled
    sanc333 likes this.
    08-29-2013 10:20 AM
    Different phones work for different people. iPhones DO have a lot going for them. They are easy to learn to use and certainly DO have a "just works" ability about them. App selection is also wonderful. (I enjoy this via my iPad). Android has the best specs and more ability to customize, BUT can be difficult for some to learn to use. They have all the big apps, BUT yes I would agree there is lots of junk in their store(the Apple store is not junk free either, same for the BB Store!). BB has my interface of choice, and is perhaps the most innovative (peek and flow, the Hub, etc). HOWEVER BB is in some serious trouble right now in the sales and market place acceptance departments. (at least in the US) BB App World while having some big name apps, does not really compete with the App Store and Google Play. Windows Phone, while not for me (I did not like the interface) does have some good features, like carrier price point and THE best cameras.

Different strokes for different folks!
    08-29-2013 10:27 AM
    EDIT: NEVERMIND...HE GONE!!!
    it's an infraction accumulation based 3 day "time out" ban... not permanent... unless there's a serious change in ways, infractions will accumulate until the ban becomes permanent.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-29-2013 10:32 AM
    Thread cleaned up. Back on topic everyone, please. Thanks.
    pkcable and joemd60 like this.
    08-29-2013 11:48 AM
    I would say yes, about 4 years ago or so though. But you have to consider also that most androids 4 or even 3 years ago really were crap. Or at least subpar compared to the iPhone. I think it was only around later 2010/2011 did android phones get to the point where you could make a argument for them over a iPhone. And jellybean really was a pivotal release for android. And IMO it's only after jelly bean came out did android become on par or as good as ios and iPhone.

Now a days you really should try out both OS's to see which appeals to you more. Ios and iPhone isn't the default answer anymore really.

Me personally, I went from a HTC Inspire to a iPhone 4 to a iPhone then back to android with a nexus 4 and now I'm saving for a iPhone 5s and am probaly not going to go back to android in the foreseeable future after that.

Not because android was super broken or anything, I just realized I didn't need all it did and I found it more of a headache than I want in my electronics.

Different strokes....

(Boy I hope all what I wrote didn't go to waste on the OP trolling everyone, lol)
    queenren likes this.
    08-29-2013 11:33 PM
    EDIT: NEVERMIND...HE GONE!
    EDIT: for the moment...

I have an honest question for you. Do you currently own an iphone? If yes, then you are a hypocrite...

However, if you do not, then I have the following questions

Why are you spending time on a forum for a product you do not own?
    Why are you spending time on a forum for a product you do not intend to own?
    Why are you so insecure that you asked others to change your mind on a topic?
    Why do you care what others spend their money on?
    Why do you care if others' perceptions of value differ from yours?
    Why do you troll?

I think that about covers it for now. I hope that you get back with answers soon because the level of genius you bring to the forums is almost orgasmic. In the meantime, I will be over in my skag forum discussing the finer points of hallucinogens....
    I currently have no phone. I wanted to know what iphone is like. But it just looks like people are paying more than top range android devices for something that is locked down and not much can be done. People pay more for a flagship android because it has better software/hardware features. Why do you pay even more for something which has virtually nothing and is extremely simple? iphone should be in the budget range, with its secluded OS and small screen. I think people do it for the brand, and Im not one of the people who finds that impressive - the opposite.

I am getting board warnings at every turn and even a ban by moderators, although the people insulting me on this topic are being blanked from any staff punishment.
    09-01-2013 01:18 PM
    I currently have no phone. I wanted to know what iphone is like. But it just looks like people are paying more than top range android devices for something that is locked down and not much can be done. People pay more for a flagship android because it has better software/hardware features. Why do you pay even more for something which has virtually nothing and is extremely simple? iphone should be in the budget range, with its secluded OS and small screen. I think people do it for the brand, and Im not one of the people who finds that impressive - the opposite.

I am getting board warnings at every turn and even a ban by moderators, although the people insulting me on this topic are being blanked from any staff punishment.
    I respect your opinion. But I disagree.

Sent from my smoking hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5.
    09-01-2013 01:30 PM

Sounds like Android is for you. That's totally fine, and in my experience there's much to like. Android Central and XDA Developers have a wealth of info, resources, and guides should you choose to go the Root/Custom ROM path.

I, like others here, have used iOS, Android, BlackBerry/RIM, Windows Mobile...ultimately it comes down to what each of us value and perceive to be the best for us.

Reading the posts you've shared, it sounds like you may have a philosophical or perhaps even moral conundrum about how much Apple devices cost. I can appreciate that, and consider myself fortunate that I can afford them.

So, since you want to know what iPhone is like; you've seen some information here in this thread. I encourage you to research more. One thing I think may help is to build your own Features and Functions matrix. Put down all the smartphone features that are important to you, and then compare iOS and Android side by side. If Android has more features than iOS, and it costs less and meets your philosophical and moral requirements-then go for Android.
    Last edited by Dog5000; 09-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    kch50428, taz323, queenren and 1 others like this.
    09-01-2013 02:03 PM

Sounds to me like your just an Apple hater without even giving the iPhone a try.

I've had four "flagship" Android phones even with all their bells and whistles nothing could match the iPhone experience. I don't pay for a locked down phone that has "virtually nothing and extremely simple." If getting regular updates, much better battery life, not having to tweak and install apps just to get my phone to run correctly then I'll take "simple and nothing" all day.

Why don't you just admit to being the troll you are because obviously you don't want to listen to us.

How can you baulk at the type of responses you've received when you constantly bash Apple and the iPhone for no reason and with no apparent experience with the device? Seems like your just an Apple hater with absolutely no reason to hate them.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-01-2013 02:35 PM

My problem with you, well one of them, is that you seem to be quite an expert regarding a device you have never owned and an experience you have never had. With my extremely simple device which has virtually nothing, I can:
    - text, make phone calls, and surf the internet
    - use a top of the line camera that still bests many 'flagship' cameras despite being a year old
    - access the highest quality apps from an app store that is still the leader
    - enjoy a lag free experience where the operating system is a perfect mesh with the hardware
    - use imessage to bypass character restrictions and message size limits
    - use easily as a one handed device
    - have more than respectable battery life without having to turn off all of the features (gimmicks) to do so
    - enjoy exceptional build quality of my device without the common (pocket pressure cracks) of other popular handsets
    - enjoy timely updates that I know my phone, as long as it is 3 years old or less, will get
    - avoid having to deal with carrier bloatware, carrier branding, and manufacturer overlays
    - actually have 64gb internal storage as an option in the states vs relying on sd cards

That is just off the top of my head. And more than enough for me to pay a premium price. I could get a cheaper android alternative. But why? Why sacrifice my experience for what I deem as an inferior device? Listen pal, if you think so-called customization makes a device superior then have at it. I could honestly not give a rats *** about changing my keyboard, adding a live wallpaper, or tweaking endless settings. I've been there and done that. And the ONLY reason I did all of that was because the phone was such a piece of sh@t out of the box that I had no choice BUT to tweak and play. To me, that is not an 'advantage'. That is a chore.

Are we clear? Perhaps Ich kann in Deutsch fr Sie sprechen???
    Last edited by finn5975; 09-01-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    09-01-2013 02:53 PM
    I've never used a phone to impress anyone. I simply don't care about that at all. I used Blackberrys for years because they worked for me at that time. I'm now using an iPhone 4S because it meets my needs and works perfectly for me. I suggest that you not worry about what device other people are using or how much they paid. Find a device that works for you and be happy with it. I hope you have a good day!
    taz323, kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-01-2013 03:28 PM
    Sounds like Android is for you. That's totally fine, and in my experience there's much to like. Android Central and XDA Developers have a wealth of info, resources, and guides should you choose to go the Root/Custom ROM path.

I like others here, have used iOS, Android, BlackBerry/RIM, Windows Mobile...ultimately it comes down to what each of us value and perceive to be the best for us.

Reading the posts you've shared, it sounds like you may have a philosophical or perhaps even moral conundrum about how much Apple devices cost. I can appreciate that, and consider myself fortunate that I can afford them.

So, since you want to know what iPhone is like; you've seen some information here in this thread. I encourage you to research more. One thing I think may help is to build your own Features and Functions matrix. Put down all the smartphone features that are important to you, and then compare iOS and Android side by side. If Android has more features than iOS, and it costs less and meets your philosophical and moral requirements-then go for Android.
    Well to be fair I can easily afford an iphone too. I could buy an android, and then an iphone, and I could smash the iphone purely because I've got money I don't even need. Nice how you slyly add in about how you're so rich though, yeah.
    09-01-2013 03:28 PM
    I don't view something as a status symbol when you could go down to your local welfare office and half of the people waiting to get government assistance have the item in question, but that is just me.
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-01-2013 04:00 PM
    No phone is a status symbol. They are just phones that have different operating systems and hardware. Different strokes for different folks. IMHO this thread has run it's course.
    09-01-2013 05:45 PM
    Well to be fair I can easily afford an iphone too. I could buy an android, and then an iphone, and I could smash the iphone purely because I've got money I don't even need. Nice how you slyly add in about how you're so rich though, yeah.
    Bro, there was no sly intent about wealth. Rather me being thankful that I and my wife have, and continue to work really hard in order to provide for our family. Thus we are fortunate that we can afford smartphones - whether they're Android or iOS based. I'm a WYSIWYG guy, but understand that the written word is fallible, and thus easily open to misinterpretation.

What I take away from your response is perhaps a concern for, and about conspicuous consumption. Apple products are not the mutually exclusive owner here, if that's your concern. Do people over-consume and flaunt their acquisitions? Sure they do. Are some of those acquisitions Apple products? Sure they are. The same can be said for many other consumer goods, vehicles, homes, clothes, etc. But just because someone has an iPhone doesn't automatically qualify them or the iPhone as a status symbol.

And as others have noted, Apple products may just be a reasonable value if a comprehensive TCO/ROI analysis and perspective is applied and considered.
    Last edited by Dog5000; 09-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-01-2013 06:35 PM
    Honestly I look at it as something that's overpriced and unintelligent people buy for a status symbol. And to be fair a lot of the people using it find android too complicated...
    Obviously you're a troll, I love talking to trolls, they get emotional when cornered, I didnt get to talk to a blackberry fan yet, so this is gonna be fun!

1. I still have my 3GS (waiting for 5s just because it'll be nice to have a new phone again after 5 years). When I chose my phone - there was NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE!
    2. A lot of people using iOS are used to simplicity, and like me find android to be a chore, an unnecessary chore. Using android or anything after iOS is Horrible - the unfinished design that consists of bunch of inconsistent or redundant menus, settings, BLOATWARE, system reports is a Horrible experience that isnt WORTH $100, let alone $200. And occasional freezes, crashes, and restarts does not help. Overall experience with Apple products is exactly what people that buy them expect - no surprises, other then the fact that my old 3GS still gets full updates - 3 new Operating System overhauls, and many features it didnt come with when new. Most android phones loose support in 6 month.
    3. Status, hippie, cult, associations are pushed by pro-android and anti-apple fud, like you. You will not see a group of iphone owners talk how they're so cool for owning apple, or have iphone only clubs or something. BUT, android folks actually do compare their phones to Apple - and the best you got is Screen, and Specs which android does not take advantage of properly (ahem, you need those specs to live up to iOS smoothness or consistency).
    4. But honestly, I look at android phones (specially the high end models) as overpriced (they're unfinished products with a freeware for OS) and unintelligent people buy it for screen size. And to be fair a lot of people using android find themselves tweaking it everyday just to keep them running smooth enough to be usable.
    5. Since you're a blackberry aficionado (that means "fan"), I was looking for something constructive toward that line - but I didn't know they were that relevant anymore.

Honestly talking about android, if you find value in a product that's primarily used as an ADVERTIZEMENT gateway - then that's your choice. I want a personal assistant for about $200 and I had one for the last 5 years. It works for me - I dont work for it.
    09-01-2013 07:43 PM
    Why am I a troll because I ask a question and come here with a negative view on iphone?
    09-01-2013 08:08 PM
    Why am I a troll because I ask a question and come here with a negative view on iphone?
    Perhaps they've seen one of your various posts where you bash the iPhone and insult the users of this forum.
    Why don't you crawl back under your bridge?

If you've been on the iMore forums you'll realise iPhone users don't care (or understand) about features. They pay a premium price to have a phone that is extensively limited, locked down, and friendly towards people with one-digit IQs. And that it has a piece of fruit on the back, probably to remind them to eat it once in a while.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9071251
    09-01-2013 08:34 PM
    Yes, because you come into an iPhone forum and insult us as iPhone users asking why anyone would buy "simple, walled OS, over priced piece of crap."

I think I can speak for all of us we don't care what you use but with the evidence piling up, yes I believe we can call you a troll since you are bashing a product you've NEVER used!

Now 3 years ago after I owned the original iPhone and the 3G I used a blackberry and 4 Android phones, boy did I turn into the biggest "Fandroid" bashing my friends who were too "stupid" using an iPhone and I tried to convert most of them actually succeeding with a couple. But I could bash it LOL cause I actually used the devices and I was "bored" and fed up at the time with the lack of features.

09-01-2013 08:36 PM
    Oh, I think you are because of your behaviour on all the MN sites (your unsolicited PM arguments as to why you aren't notwithstanding).

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    09-01-2013 08:41 PM
    Perhaps they've seen one of your various posts where you bash the iPhone and insult the users of this forum.
    Why don't you crawl back under your bridge?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9071251
    Bahaha at that stupid list, that must be why the Z10 is a .01 now it's just so awesome!

09-01-2013 08:45 PM
210 ... 45678 ...