The iPhone is not a status it is a choice just like anything else for me the music and the iPhone go hand in hand. I would rather carry a iPhone then multiple devices. I speak all mobile language so just cant say one is better then the other.

Honestly i love all mobile device.

Android, Win Mo, Blackberry, iOS.
    WhiteSpir1t likes this.
    08-18-2013 06:00 PM
    Im sure that it is for some... and not for others... when you get to be my age, you just get what works for you and leave the status and drama behind...
    Amen!
    08-18-2013 08:29 PM
    First of all, welcome to iMore! I'm not interested in changing your mind. I use whatever device works best for me. I don't care anything about status.
    Then why even post here, post count lol?
    08-19-2013 01:12 AM
    This doesn't apply to everyone here, but a lot of rude comments I wouldn't get on crackberry or android central. I guess it just sums up a good chunk of the userbase of the iphone, and the fact adults are behind them is even worse.
    08-19-2013 01:15 AM
    08-19-2013 08:01 AM
    The OP is trolling... feeding the troll is stupid....
    pr1nce, Fausty82, John T and 1 others like this.
    08-19-2013 08:12 AM
    Nope.

It provides simple functions and stability is number one in most users. The iPhone provides that.
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-19-2013 08:19 AM
    This doesn't apply to everyone here, but a lot of rude comments I wouldn't get on crackberry or android central. I guess it just sums up a good chunk of the userbase of the iphone, and the fact adults are behind them is even worse.
    I'm on both of these forums that you mentioned and they are the same as here. I didn't find anything rude about the comments that you received here. Hmmm, perhaps that is what you were looking for and feeling a little disappointed that you didn't get what you were looking for in starting a thread like this... Have a nice day.
    08-19-2013 09:02 AM
    I'm on both of these forums that you mentioned and they are the same as here. I didn't find anything rude about the comments that you received here. Hmmm, perhaps that is what you were looking for and feeling a little disappointed that you didn't get what you were looking for in starting a thread like this... Have a nice day.

Agree with me damn it!!!!!
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-19-2013 09:07 AM
    I came here to see what is what, I am more in favour towards blackberry and android obviously but some of these replies are getting pathetic. I have my answer, even for children you are acting immature, let alone grown men.
    08-19-2013 09:11 AM
    I came here to see what is what, I am more in favour towards blackberry and android obviously but some of these replies are getting pathetic. I have my answer, even for children you are acting immature, let alone grown men.
    So I guess this this means you'll be headed back to Crackberry where you came from? You are welcome to post here anytime, however, I would urge you next time you visit to use the "Search" feature. If you had done so before posting this "lets be honest" thread, you would have found at least 4 or 5 recent threads with the same question and you could have easily avoided the responses that you obviously didn't like here. Again, enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for visiting our nice community here at iMore.
    08-19-2013 09:42 AM
    To get things back to the OP here...

I think the iPhone 'can' be a status symbol, it all depends on each individual owner, and how they view it.

However, I think the vast majority of iPhone and smartphone owners use their device of choice because it works best for them. They enjoy the experience... it works well for their lives.

There are so many quality devices on the market today, and users are more savvy than ever. It's not about status, it's about getting stuff done.
    08-19-2013 09:56 AM
    It's tough to have a legitimate conversation with someone who comes to the forum and essentially goes "The iPhone is for materialistic pricks...prove me wrong."

You also added absolutely nothing to the conversation, no explanation of your opinion, no continuance or retort to the replies you got (not that you were fooling anyone into thinking you were actually trying to participate over simply stirring the pot to get the exact responses you're complaining about). You performed the typical troll drive by post...you never had any intention to participate, you just wanted to stir up dust.

I do agree with one of your statements though, where you said "these replies are getting pathetic", and I agree, your replies have progressed from asinine to pathetic and pitiful.
    kch50428 and taz323 like this.
    08-19-2013 10:02 AM

I think the iPhone 'can' be a status symbol, it all depends on each individual owner, and how they view it.

However, I think the vast majority of iPhone and smartphone owners use their device of choice because it works best for them. They enjoy the experience... it works well for their lives.

There are so many quality devices on the market today, and users are more savvy than ever. It's not about status, it's about getting stuff done.
    There's your answer, and 100% agree with it.
    Ben_Trovato likes this.
    08-19-2013 10:07 AM

This is a wonderful and well thought out reply, James.
    08-19-2013 10:07 AM
    Regardless of what phone you choose in your day to day life, asking if a device is just a status should be the aim of the conversation. Accepting the paradigm that any device is a status symbol is living in a world where some people are better than others. I would encourage the OP to open their mind to a new paradigm, one where mobile devices are not seen as status symbols. However, being the world is still a free thinking society, if the OP feels their time is better spent asking internet forum communities if phones are status symbols, then by all means, carry on.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-19-2013 10:16 AM
    I as an iPhone user can totally understand the questioning of the OP. As a former Verizon sales rep I saw on any given day more iPhones were sold than any Android device. Why? Because it was and is a popular phone and most of the people that bought them were buying them because of their friends. Everyone from the age of seven to eighty seven are using iPhones. Mainly because the phone is easy to use and most people know someone that has the device so someone will teach them. On any given day you can stroll around your city, mall, park, sports arena or anywhere and see more iPhone users than Android. iPhone is the cool phone to have. It is hard to say that it is a status phone but then again it is hard to say that it isn't as well. I think if you took poll on the users and why they use the phone then you would get your answer. Until the answer resides in the mind of the user and the person who sees these devices being used all over the place.
    Eileen89 and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-19-2013 02:16 PM
    Negative!
    08-19-2013 03:18 PM
    Negative!

​????????
    08-19-2013 05:46 PM
    Negative!
    ​????????
    It's the answer to the headline question...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2013 05:57 PM
    You get what you pay for. Same as everything else. When you buy a car, a house, jeans, whatever.
    I disagree on the jeans part. There is no way that Hilfilger, etc, is so much better than Wrangler, Levi, or Lee, as to be triple the price.
    Trees and Alli like this.
    08-19-2013 08:54 PM
    I disagree on the jeans part. There is no way that Hilfilger, etc, is so much better than Wrangler, Levi, or Lee, as to be triple the price.
    Yeah, I guess so. Just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it's better, but usually you do have to pay more to get better quality.
    08-19-2013 09:22 PM
    Yeah, I guess so. Just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it's better, but usually you do have to pay more to get better quality.
    Absolutely.
    08-19-2013 09:28 PM
    For the best jeans... Duluth Trading Company.
    08-19-2013 09:44 PM
    Several years ago I toured a fruit and vegetable processing plant in Central America. Fascinating and educational. At the tour end, we saw a wall with labels for the various brands that the factory supplied. Same fruits and veggies came into the factory, and went out under different labels.

Perhaps the same could be said for how smartphones are manufactured and then branded and marketed?
    Last edited by Dog5000; 08-19-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    08-19-2013 09:59 PM
210 1234 ...