iPhone 5 lags a lot

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's my phone as my gf doesn't seem to have this issue. But my phone lags a lot. Whether I'm texting a friend and then closing the app or simple just hitting the home button to get out of an app and then hitting the power button to shut off the screen. There is a 2-3 second delay and it's really annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's my phone as my gf doesn't seem to have this issue. But my phone lags a lot. Whether I'm texting a friend and then closing the app or simple just hitting the home button to get out of an app and then hitting the power button to shut off the screen. There is a 2-3 second delay and it's really annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

I have not. Not even to the slightest degree. It is one of the reasons why I value my iphone as my go-to device. While I cannot say for certain that you have a defective phone, I don't hesitate in saying that you should not be experiencing this. There are various routes you can take to try and remedy the situation, but the most efficient may be a trip to the nearest Apple store (if there is one in your area).

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree it shouldn't lag which is why I'm surprised that it does. I currently have 6.1.4 which I believe is the latest version. I think I will take it to the apple store and see what they think.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, there is no lag with my iPhone 5. Is your storage space almost full? If not, and if you don't have tons of apps constantly updating in the background, you might consider backing up your device via iTunes and then restoring it as new. That is what I would do.

Last edited:

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Zero lag for me as well. I would strongly recommend taking the advise in this thread and do a backup-wipe-restore. No reason to suffer with a laggy experience :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods