Moving back to the iPhone.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I have used Android for 2 years and although I have no intention of moving back, I do miss widgets or tiles (in WP) and home screen customization.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

I used an Samsung Galaxy s3 for 8 months. I have been back on an iPhone 5 since June. I am jailbroken (luckily from 2 weeks ago Apple signing). I do miss widgets and for my old S3 notification LED lights. Other than that, there's not much about Android I miss.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Each Person has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to a device. I have nothing i dislike about my old iPhones both sit on a shelf as a possible backup device. I just got bored with them. My android does what i need it to do, Screen is by far larger than the iPhone 5 and with my wife finally switching over to android we have no complaints. Just remember there is not one single perfect device. It is only perfect for you and your needs. The OP found that he liked Apple better, good for him.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not saying you can't customize iOS devices, but you don't have to be rooted to customize your Android. Take a look at MyColorScreen. I have only seen one homescreen that required you to be rooted. So, saying Android devices can be further customized by rooting is mostly incorrect, as most launchers for custom ROMS are the default Google Android launcher. You don't have to be rooted to download and install a launcher from the Play Store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The key word in my post was "further"...and nothing about my comment that rooting an android allows for further customization was incorrect, it was a 100% accurate statement, just as it was for the iPhone and jailbreaking.

No one said you had to be rooted to customize, just like no one said you had to be jailbroken to customize.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have used Android for 2 years and although I have no intention of moving back, I do miss widgets or tiles (in WP) and home screen customization.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Although I've not tried WP yet I can relate to missing some of the home screen customization that my past Android devices had to offer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
On a side note, I have to say the more I look at the white version, the more I like it. Having always had black for iPhones and white for galaxies, maybe I'll go white when the next version is released.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, I have to say the more I look at the white version, the more I like it. Having always had black for iPhones and white for galaxies, maybe I'll go white when the next version is released.

Actually I would have a preferred a white iPhone 4S and a black iPhone 5 but I got the white iPhone 5 for cheap. I really still prefer my dads black iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal