Moving back to the iPhone.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I see they banned you on Android Central... when you get banned from a smartphone site, that's when you may have a problem:)

Not really. I got banned from Macrumors once. I called some Android fanboy troll a 5th grader who was late for 3rd period home economics class.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder all,

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It really is none of my business but why would you request a ban?

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk
They were making false statements about ios and android(they said ios lags more then WP) and I said to the mods that I would like to leave on a happy note and requested the ban.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They were making false statements about ios and android(they said ios lags more then WP) and I said to the mods that I would like to leave on a happy note and requested the ban.

Chetan, what happens in other forums stays in other forums. This is iMore and you are welcome here anytime. That said, please let's go back to the main topic of this thread; "Moving back to the iPhone". Thanks for understanding. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would have to total up my apps some day.. Surely I am well over 1K

Holy cow! I almost spit my coffee out when I read this. How on this green earth can you store that many apps on one iPhone? Or do you have 1K apps spread out over 3 platforms?

Mits5139

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi There,

Welcome back to the iphone.
Ive been going backwards and forwards between ios, wp and google myself.

Finally decided to come back to the iphone 5 as well about a week ago. Like you mentioned it just works better with all my 'I' devices.
For me it came down to face timing my nephews and nieces and being able to simultaneously download my purchases on all my devices.
I joined a 4g network with EE UK on the 20gb plan after I accidentally realised that you could use the iphone as a wifi hotspot for the apple tv and then still airplay off the iphone at the same time. Smooth as silk. otherwise wifi is a little patchy at home with my normal router.

Just missing my ipad 4 now and i'm complete. I agree with a lot of people regarding ecosystems, I prefer to be part of one as it seems simpler to transfer between devices.

Am definitely looking to see what ios7 brings as well as the next iphone.

:)

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
hey bro I am right there with you. I have went back and forth with Android devices and Apple devices for the longest. I have always wanted the "freedom" that Android devices offers but at the end of the day they are kinda buggy and I find and found myself going back to Apple. Welcome back my friend.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
did i ask for your 2?? nope.

Oh, I'd have given you more but I haven't won tonight's lottery yet
smile-006.gif

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hey bro I am right there with you. I have went back and forth with Android devices and Apple devices for the longest. I have always wanted the "freedom" that Android devices offers but at the end of the day they are kinda buggy and I find and found myself going back to Apple. Welcome back my friend.

"Freedom" on Android is a joke. That same "freedom" applies to the iPhone after you jailbreak it. When Android fanboys talk about "freedom" they always refer to two things: the ability to root it, which is jailbreaking, and the ability to download apps from other stores, like Amazon. Hardly a game changer, when most Android apps are either free or very low rated.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
"Freedom" on Android is a joke. That same "freedom" applies to the iPhone after you jailbreak it. When Android fanboys talk about "freedom" they always refer to two things: the ability to root it, which is jailbreaking, and the ability to download apps from other stores, like Amazon. Hardly a game changer, when most Android apps are either free or very low rated.
No. They mean being ab;e to download from any browser, any browser can become your default browser, file managers, custom ROMS and kernels, custom home screen launchers, custom lock screens, being able to add widgets being able to place apps anywhere on home screen. That's what they mean when they say that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No. They mean being ab;e to download from any browser, any browser can become your default browser, file managers, custom ROMS and kernels, custom home screen launchers, custom lock screens, being able to add widgets being able to place apps anywhere on home screen. That's what they mean when they say that.

No. You just told him he was wrong and then said the same thing. It's about customizing...that's ALL it's about, period. The iPhone can be further customized by jailbreaking, Android devices can be further customized by rooting them. Android users have this strange idea that there is no freedom of customization on the iPhone, and that's really because they don't know squat about what they're yapping about.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

do you think every android fanboy is a nerd?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used Android for 2 years and although I have no intention of moving back, I do miss widgets or tiles (in WP) and home screen customization.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
No. You just told him he was wrong and then said the same thing. It's about customizing...that's ALL it's about, period. The iPhone can be further customized by jailbreaking, Android devices can be further customized by rooting them. Android users have this strange idea that there is no freedom of customization on the iPhone, and that's really because they don't know squat about what they're yapping about.

Not saying you can't customize iOS devices, but you don't have to be rooted to customize your Android. Take a look at MyColorScreen. I have only seen one homescreen that required you to be rooted. So, saying Android devices can be further customized by rooting is mostly incorrect, as most launchers for custom ROMS are the default Google Android launcher. You don't have to be rooted to download and install a launcher from the Play Store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner