I would have to total up my apps some day.. Surely I am well over 1K
    Holy cow! I almost spit my coffee out when I read this. How on this green earth can you store that many apps on one iPhone? Or do you have 1K apps spread out over 3 platforms?
    08-07-2013 04:20 PM
    Hi There,

Welcome back to the iphone.
    Ive been going backwards and forwards between ios, wp and google myself.

Finally decided to come back to the iphone 5 as well about a week ago. Like you mentioned it just works better with all my 'I' devices.
    For me it came down to face timing my nephews and nieces and being able to simultaneously download my purchases on all my devices.
    I joined a 4g network with EE UK on the 20gb plan after I accidentally realised that you could use the iphone as a wifi hotspot for the apple tv and then still airplay off the iphone at the same time. Smooth as silk. otherwise wifi is a little patchy at home with my normal router.

Just missing my ipad 4 now and i'm complete. I agree with a lot of people regarding ecosystems, I prefer to be part of one as it seems simpler to transfer between devices.

Am definitely looking to see what ios7 brings as well as the next iphone.

Alli and anon5664829 like this.
    08-07-2013 04:32 PM
    You should definitely make 5 more threads about this.
    Then he definitely would be Alexan81 reincarnated!!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-07-2013 05:09 PM
    hey bro I am right there with you. I have went back and forth with Android devices and Apple devices for the longest. I have always wanted the "freedom" that Android devices offers but at the end of the day they are kinda buggy and I find and found myself going back to Apple. Welcome back my friend.
    08-07-2013 05:30 PM
    A lot of tech people myself included at least look at the latest and greatest Androids and maybe we do or we don't want one. I think this is normal... Just my 2
    did i ask for your 2? nope.
    08-07-2013 08:17 PM
    Holy cow! I almost spit my coffee out when I read this. How on this green earth can you store that many apps on one iPhone? Or do you have 1K apps spread out over 3 platforms?
    I, too, have over 1K apps for iPhone and/or iPad. Most are not in any device but I'm constantly downloading and discarding free apps.
    08-07-2013 08:27 PM
    I, too, have over 1K apps for iPhone and/or iPad. Most are not in any device but I'm constantly downloading and discarding free apps.
    I only have 65 apps on my iPhone and iPad, I guess this is why I thought 1K was a lot, lol.
    08-07-2013 08:59 PM
    Oh, I'd have given you more but I haven't won tonight's lottery yet
    08-07-2013 09:24 PM
    I agree with her answer.
    08-07-2013 09:47 PM
    Oh, I'd have given you more but I haven't won tonight's lottery yet http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit.../smile-006.gif
    If you do I'll settle for 2 million cents lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    anon5664829 likes this.
    08-07-2013 10:09 PM
    hey bro I am right there with you. I have went back and forth with Android devices and Apple devices for the longest. I have always wanted the "freedom" that Android devices offers but at the end of the day they are kinda buggy and I find and found myself going back to Apple. Welcome back my friend.
    "Freedom" on Android is a joke. That same "freedom" applies to the iPhone after you jailbreak it. When Android fanboys talk about "freedom" they always refer to two things: the ability to root it, which is jailbreaking, and the ability to download apps from other stores, like Amazon. Hardly a game changer, when most Android apps are either free or very low rated.
    08-08-2013 04:47 AM
    "Freedom" on Android is a joke. That same "freedom" applies to the iPhone after you jailbreak it. When Android fanboys talk about "freedom" they always refer to two things: the ability to root it, which is jailbreaking, and the ability to download apps from other stores, like Amazon. Hardly a game changer, when most Android apps are either free or very low rated.
    No. They mean being ab;e to download from any browser, any browser can become your default browser, file managers, custom ROMS and kernels, custom home screen launchers, custom lock screens, being able to add widgets being able to place apps anywhere on home screen. That's what they mean when they say that.
    08-08-2013 04:55 AM
    No. They mean being ab;e to download from any browser, any browser can become your default browser, file managers, custom ROMS and kernels, custom home screen launchers, custom lock screens, being able to add widgets being able to place apps anywhere on home screen. That's what they mean when they say that.
    No. You just told him he was wrong and then said the same thing. It's about customizing...that's ALL it's about, period. The iPhone can be further customized by jailbreaking, Android devices can be further customized by rooting them. Android users have this strange idea that there is no freedom of customization on the iPhone, and that's really because they don't know squat about what they're yapping about.
    08-08-2013 07:27 AM
    do you think every android fanboy is a nerd?
    08-08-2013 07:27 AM
    I have used Android for 2 years and although I have no intention of moving back, I do miss widgets or tiles (in WP) and home screen customization.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-08-2013 08:48 AM
    No. You just told him he was wrong and then said the same thing. It's about customizing...that's ALL it's about, period. The iPhone can be further customized by jailbreaking, Android devices can be further customized by rooting them. Android users have this strange idea that there is no freedom of customization on the iPhone, and that's really because they don't know squat about what they're yapping about.
    Not saying you can't customize iOS devices, but you don't have to be rooted to customize your Android. Take a look at MyColorScreen. I have only seen one homescreen that required you to be rooted. So, saying Android devices can be further customized by rooting is mostly incorrect, as most launchers for custom ROMS are the default Google Android launcher. You don't have to be rooted to download and install a launcher from the Play Store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-08-2013 09:17 AM
    I have used Android for 2 years and although I have no intention of moving back, I do miss widgets or tiles (in WP) and home screen customization.

I used an Samsung Galaxy s3 for 8 months. I have been back on an iPhone 5 since June. I am jailbroken (luckily from 2 weeks ago Apple signing). I do miss widgets and for my old S3 notification LED lights. Other than that, there's not much about Android I miss.
    08-08-2013 09:28 AM
    Each Person has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to a device. I have nothing i dislike about my old iPhones both sit on a shelf as a possible backup device. I just got bored with them. My android does what i need it to do, Screen is by far larger than the iPhone 5 and with my wife finally switching over to android we have no complaints. Just remember there is not one single perfect device. It is only perfect for you and your needs. The OP found that he liked Apple better, good for him.
    CDG likes this.
    08-08-2013 11:22 AM
    Not saying you can't customize iOS devices, but you don't have to be rooted to customize your Android. Take a look at MyColorScreen. I have only seen one homescreen that required you to be rooted. So, saying Android devices can be further customized by rooting is mostly incorrect, as most launchers for custom ROMS are the default Google Android launcher. You don't have to be rooted to download and install a launcher from the Play Store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The key word in my post was "further"...and nothing about my comment that rooting an android allows for further customization was incorrect, it was a 100% accurate statement, just as it was for the iPhone and jailbreaking.

No one said you had to be rooted to customize, just like no one said you had to be jailbroken to customize.
    08-08-2013 12:02 PM
    cool. lets make out

Get a room why don't ya!!
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-08-2013 12:27 PM
    where's my pic, Chetan.
    mountainman likes this.
    08-08-2013 02:42 PM
    where's my pic, Chetan.
    Am studying for exams. Will try and get the pic uploaded soon.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-08-2013 03:00 PM
    hmmmm.. put a piece of paper in the background that reads today's date and Hi BLiNK
    anon5664829 and mac2013 like this.
    08-08-2013 03:02 PM
    Am studying for exams. Will try and get the pic uploaded soon.
    Good luck with your exams Chetan.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    anon5664829 likes this.
    08-08-2013 03:41 PM

Although I've not tried WP yet I can relate to missing some of the home screen customization that my past Android devices had to offer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    08-08-2013 03:51 PM
99 1234