What version of iOS comes on the iPhone 5 from VZW

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Apologies in advance, because I know this has been asked but when I google it I can't get any straight information. I'm having hardware issues and I guess i'm going to have to bring the phone in for warranty replacement but does anyone know which version of iOS comes preloaded from the Verizon store now?

Thanks.

- Bob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It will depend on the store and it's stock. More than likely, your iPhone will come pre-installed with iOS 6.1.4 but definitely not prior to 6.1.3.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Official VZW will have 6.1.4

3rd party personal sale might have older versions. Just another option...

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Official VZW will have 6.1.4

3rd party personal sale might have older versions. Just another option...

Definitely an option i've considered although my issue is that I can buy a 3rd party phone that will develop the same issue and potentially be out of warranty faster than my current phone. I had my iP4 replaced 3 times due to hardware issues so i'm not confident I won't have another issue with the next replacement I get for my iP5.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Currently my sleep/power button rarely works (if at all). Also the phone frequently stops charging, saying it's an unsupported charger, even when i'm using an apple charger. I would imagine that's more of a software than hardware glitch but the sleep button is getting to be too big a nuisance. I've been living with it for a month and i'm fed up.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Currently my sleep/power button rarely works (if at all). Also the phone frequently stops charging, saying it's an unsupported charger, even when i'm using an apple charger. I would imagine that's more of a software than hardware glitch but the sleep button is getting to be too big a nuisance. I've been living with it for a month and i'm fed up.

I realize that you don't want to lose your jailbreak, however, seeing as how frustrating this issue is for you, I think it's probably best to make an Appt. with Apple and go for a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen