I Have A Z10, But Am Thinking Of Switching to the iPhone 5. Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Switch!!! Blackberry won't be around for a very long time also apple has better apps,user friendly,and most important apple always update there software no matter what

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
By all means... get an iPhone.... Or not...

The thing about crowd-sourcing advice, the larger the crowd, the worse the advice gets... in the end, you gotta make up your own mind - and do, or don't do - no emoting... :D

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Really you think i should come back? I enjoy my Z10 Alot but i would like some new apps.. Please tell me the truth i know im on iMore Lol..

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Lol, same thing you were told on Crackberry: get what suits you best. Can the iPhone do all the things you need your phone to do? Then get an iPhone and have your apps.

Is there some obscure Z10 feature that you just can't live without? Then keep the Z10 and don't have your apps.

Just bored? Buy a $150 windows phone or Android for something new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Really you think i should come back? I enjoy my Z10 Alot but i would like some new apps.. Please tell me the truth i know im on iMore Lol..

To answer your initial question, I think you should decide what is best for you and what you will use the device for. We cannot answer that for you. You seem to want to stay with the Z10, but prefer to have more apps. Well, there aren't more apps at this time, but that does not mean there won't be. Having said that, what is more important to you -- the device itself or the availability of apps? If money is not a problem, get both, but if it is, pick one and live with the decision you made. Respectfully, of course...:)

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
According to this post you made, you have already owned the iPhone 5. Thus you fully know what its, and the Z10's, capabilities are. So what exactly are you hoping to gain from this thread?

y3ynazeh.jpg

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
At this point in the year, I would wait to see what the new offering is going to be. You seem to be content with how the Z10 is working for you currently, and worst case if the "New iPhone" does not offer that much more than the 5 you could probably catch a deal on people trying to get rid of 5's to upgrade.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Z10. But i dont know why im thinking of swtiching what do you guys think?

Really?

Do you know me? Do you know any of us? Then why do you feel the need to get a bunch of strangers to approve a choice that you are fully capable of making on your own?

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on what you use a phone for. Blackberry will get a bunch of apps from Android in 10.2. If you can wait for a few more months, it should launch the update in september. Plus they have talked about doing future updates through the Blackberry World.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The Z10 is an almighty fine phone. I come from one. When it comes to pure communication it is unbeatable. The flow in the system is amazing and coupled with the hub it's a machine to work with. I dare to say no other system is faster to work with.

However. It lacks in apps. After going for the iPhone 5 I have not used the Z10 anymore. The convenience of having apps that are well developed and no limits when it comes to apps makes me prefer the iPhone for everyday use. Spotify as an example. It isn't available on BB10. You can use the web flash player as BB10 has native flash support but that's not a real solution for me. And I don't want to rely too heavily on sideloading. Also iCloud is freakin fantastic! Backup, reset, restore. The phone will be identical in just 30 minutes. Even icons are placed at the same positon than before the reset.

I kind of miss the flow and swiping setup of the Z10 but iOS 7 has at least added swiping too across the system to navigate backwards. And it looks much more modern and clean than BB10.

Both are great phones. But in the end the iPhone is the winner for me because of the ecosystem.

Status
Not open for further replies.