I phone 5 goes mute

Henrik Herskind

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Bluetooth is involved. I turned Bluetooth off a few days ago, and that didn't change the sounds. Then I turned Keyboard clicking off, and it did so. Next I turned back on the Keyboard clicking (as I think it is better with these tiny Apple keys). Now I get no clicking sounds whatsoever!!

Tried rebooting. Tried resetting everything to standard. Still no clicking sounds!

So I'm still looking for how to "normalize" my iPhone5? (Without having to do a complete restore at best.)

techmoron

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It has been several weeks since I've had the phone go mute on me. I turned Bluetooth off for a couple weeks, then turned it back on. It's been a week with Bluetooth on and no problems with my phone. So I guess the Bluetooth wasn't responsible.

techmoron

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It has been several weeks since I've had the phone go mute on me. I turned Bluetooth off for a couple weeks, then turned it back on. It's been a week with Bluetooth on and no problems with my phone. So I guess the Bluetooth wasn't responsible.

I guess I spoke too soon. Ok, after a week and a half with my car Bluetooth on, my phone has gone mute again! I power down and turn it back on and sound is back. So maybe it IS the Bluetooth.

John Grey2

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, searched everywhere for an answer with no luck. I took it to the Apple Store to troubleshoot, we only reset all settings (Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings) and the problem was fixed, when I put all my settings back to normal, it muted again so I reset all settings once again, and checked for the problem every time I changed a setting, and now the problem is fixed. Resetting all settings does not factory reset your phone, all your contacts, photos, apps ect. will still be there, only settings are reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods