A panoramic adventure along the Pacific Coast Highway...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I took a trip to California last week, and had a really great time...we rented a convertible and took a leisurely cruise up the PCH from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and my iPhone 5 proved to be my camera of choice most of the time because of it's portability and the amazing panoramic feature, which I wanted to put on display here for y'all! Enjoy! The pictures do the environments ZERO justice, but I felt they were still worth sharing.

Ano Nuevo Bay (about 30min. south of San Francisco)
5sbg3Yn.jpg

Santa Rosa Park (near San Luis Obispo)
kNEhp5b.jpg

Morro Bay
cGCbco9.jpg

Santa Cruz Pier
IxLDQng.jpg

Santa Cruz Pier
aNbGT6y.jpg

Big Basin Redwood Forest
bCfj0pK.jpg

Pigeon Point Lighthouse
lcUiR4r.jpg

Sutro Bath House Ruins (San Francisco)
NT9pTnK.jpg

Dutch Windmill (Golden Gate Park, San Francisco)
URsU6Ym.jpg

AT&T Park (San Francisco)
Sz5lD2u.jpg

Alcatraz
1VxXZ2Q.jpg

San Francisco (seen from Alcatraz Island)
JYHPSLo.jpg

Angel Island
Srbjw45.jpg

Fort Mason Farmer's Market & Food Truck Circle (San Francisco)...this one had a couple of casualties, lol!
AyZhFw4.jpg

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome pics, Sean. Thanks for sharing them with us, sir, and I'm glad you and your wife had a great time. 😃

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Awesome photos Sean. You did a great job and had a great time taking them. Why take a camera when you have your iPhone. I was a photojournalist for 28 years and I take more photos with my iPhone than I do with my cameras. Thank you for sharing. Glad you had a fantastic trip. I also agree with you....Alcatraz at night is awesome and VERY spooky.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Looking back almost a week later, I have to say that I've shown off my iPhone photos more than the pictures we took with my wife's Canon 5D and 7D...not to say that the pictures were better from the iPhone, but I think the wife put it best when she told my dad "The iPhone is just there for the moments you don't expect to be awesome.", and she's right...we had two very expensive cameras with us, and took over a thousand pictures between the two (including many shots setup with a tripod that turned out fantastic)...but the "fun" pictures were with the iPhones, the pictures that captured the great memories, and the pictures that we have enjoyed sharing.

You guys saw most of the panoramic shots I took on the trip, but I almost filled up my storage with regular pictures as well on the iPhone, and that is a real testament to the quality and function on the iPhone...it's a great photography tool!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro