I Did Not Receive An Amber Alert On My AT&T iPhone 5

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The other day there was an amber alert in CT. MY amber alerts notification is turned on. I never got the alert on my phone.
Anyone?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
re: I Did Not Receive An Amber Alert On My AT&T iPhone 5

About Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) - AT&T Wireless Support*

Chances are, the authority responsible for issuing the Amber Alert may not yet be authorized to use the system, or the issuing authority didn't disseminate the alert to an agency capable of issuing alerts to the WEA system.

Yep. If it’s enabled on your phone and you didn’t get the alert, then it was something that happened (more correctly didn’t happen) on the sending end of the process.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
re: I Did Not Receive An Amber Alert On My AT&T iPhone 5

I've gotten Amber and EAS alerts since AT&T turned it on. Someone screwed up sending the alerts to phones in your area.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been with in a certain location and it's triggered...

BUT I have also been just outside an area for alerts and it will not trigger. Since it's based on GPS location, etc...

As the link mentions that Keith posted it all about the area you might be in.. If you close enough. etc

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I turned the alerts off anyway. The state has plastered the highways with electronic signs they update with these things. And if I am at home or the office I'm contected to the interwebs in some fashion. Plus my wife gets push notifications from more than one local news network and feels the need to fill me in throughout the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro