Anyone Else Bored With Their iPhone?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes it did. Do you think I am blind? My god you REALLY hate Android.

I think it would be a stretch to use a blanket statement that "Yes, jellybean fixed the issue of lag". For one, I had awful lag on the Samsung Galaxy S3 while running Jellybean. And no, I am not blind either. I had a degree of lag on the Note 2 despite it being a powerhouse. While I had the Galaxy S4, also running Jellybean, after replacing the stock launcher with Nova I did not experience lag.

The other thing I have found with my personal experience with android devices is, after a period of time, the tweaks and customization would catch up with the device. The more 3rd party options I enabled, the more customization I did, the worse the lag (or introduction of lag if it did not previously exist). So even if a device I had was snappy and lag free on days 1-30.....that was not the case come day 120 necessarily.

I am not going to attempt to tell you your Nexus 4 has lag. I've never used it and it would be ignorant for me to tell you that you are wrong simply because of my experience. But to say that android no longer has lag with the issuance of, as they call it, project butter would be an inaccurate statement.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be a stretch to use a blanket statement that "Yes, jellybean fixed the issue of lag". For one, I had awful lag on the Samsung Galaxy S3 while running Jellybean. And no, I am not blind either. I had a degree of lag on the Note 2 despite it being a powerhouse. While I had the Galaxy S4, also running Jellybean, after replacing the stock launcher with Nova I did not experience lag.

The other thing I have found with my personal experience with android devices is, after a period of time, the tweaks and customization would catch up with the device. The more 3rd party options I enabled, the more customization I did, the worse the lag (or introduction of lag if it did not previously exist). So even if a device I had was snappy and lag free on days 1-30.....that was not the case come day 120 necessarily.

I am not going to attempt to tell you your Nexus 4 has lag. I've never used it and it would be ignorant for me to tell you that you are wrong simply because of my experience. But to say that android no longer has lag with the issuance of, as they call it, project butter would be an inaccurate statement.
OK. Thank you for expanding your point. Samsung is **** and should be avoided like the plauge.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes it did. Do you think I am blind? My god you REALLY hate Android.

You have a good experience with your Nexus 4 and that is fine I respect that. However, myself and many others have experienced lag on our Nexus 4's. it has nothing to do with hating Android so please let's not turn this thread into a iOS VS Android discussion as there are other threads on this forum that....... Thank you.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You have a good experience with your Nexus 4 and that is fine I respect that. However, myself and many others have experienced lag on our Nexus 4's. it has nothing to do with hating Android so please let's not turn this thread into a iOS VS Android discussion as there are other threads on this for that....... Thank you.

Too many me thinks!

Jonezed7

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I am, but I got rid of my personal one and my iPhone 5 is my work and personal so since I don't pay a cell phone bill anymore I can't complain.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You have a good experience with your Nexus 4 and that is fine I respect that. However, myself and many others have experienced lag on our Nexus 4's. it has nothing to do with hating Android so please let's not turn this thread into a iOS VS Android discussion as there are other threads on this forum that....... Thank you.

Yes I apologize. I'm gonna go on topic here(imagine that) yes I was bored but iOS 7 looks to be the base of massive improvements come iOS 8/9 so if Apple keeps this up they may add all the features that I desire.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was bored but iOS 7 looks to be the base of massive improvements come iOS 8/9 so if Apple keeps this up they may add all the features that I desire.

I agree with you here, Chetan. From what I have seen of iOS 7, there are many great improvements and hopefully there will be many more with future iOS updates. :)

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The thing I didn't like about my s3 wasn't lag but the general clutter but that may be a touchwiz thing. There were so many menus for settings etc that it became redundant. I got frustrated and came back to iOS.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't find it to be an actual Android issue with the lag experience, I feel it's the crap the carriers and the manufacturer puts over top of the stock experience. On my Nexus 4, there was little to no lag. I started to experience lag when my memory became full. I have experienced this with my iPhone 5 as well. On my S4, touchwiz was just terrible and I feel that was the culprit. Again, like finn5975 has stated, changed the launcher and got no lag. Am I bored with my iPhone though? A little, the OS has become stale but I'm not bored with the device itself. iOS 7 will definitely be a welcome and refreshing change I can assure everyone of that. Just have to have patience.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes i got bored of my iPhone 5 went to a Blackberry Z10.. But i have always gone back and forth because both phones i like very much..

d0ink

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm pretty bored with current devices (iPad Mini + iPhone5) as all my previous devices were either jailbroken (Apple) or rooted (Android). So not being able to currently jailbreak both of my devices/toys... can make the devices a bit boring to use. Patiently waiting for iOS 7 to come out, so I can at least have something "new" to tinker with.. and then hopefully, a jailbreak will come out for 7. :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm pretty bored with current devices (iPad Mini + iPhone5) as all my previous devices were either jailbroken (Apple) or rooted (Android). So not being able to currently jailbreak both of my devices/toys... can make the devices a bit boring to use. Patiently waiting for iOS 7 to come out, so I can at least have something "new" to tinker with.. and then hopefully, a jailbreak will come out for 7. :D

Oh, I'm right there with ya on the jailbreak for iOS 7. It's gonna be a long wait, though.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
It's too bad iOS 7 is only available to devs until the Fall (or if you look for alternate means you can do that too). It really is a nice refresh. I love all the features especially Airdrop. The GF and I use it all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro