Anyone Else Bored With Their iPhone?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am currently using a Blackberry bold 9900. I also have an iphone 4. My bold is my daily driver for the moment but depending on what os7 will be like on the 4 I might switch back to the iphone. I got bored of the look and feel of the current ios.

I am loving the physical keypad on my bold and am faster typing on this than the iphone but I can use onscrean keyboards. I feel there is some room for improvement with the ios keyboard.

so you're basing your entire iPhone experience with the iPhone 4???

i'm done.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I was deep into theming my iPhone. I've purchased and modded dozens of winter board themes.

I've gotten bored with that part of my iPhone. Everything else is still a pleasure to use. I'm always in apps so I rarely see the home screen.

ring o fire

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Not bored at all, in fact, after going on a pretty hectic road trip in Cali, I love it even more than i did before...it was perfect all the way around.

This is what I am talking about. I've been on trips with both android and my iPhone and when I needed it the iPhone pulled through.

I don't get bored with my iPhone because I'm able to get things done with it.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree with most of what you say except this. Did you try Swiftkey? In my opinion it totally trumps the iPhone keyboard with it's accurate predictions that also gets better with time as it learns your typing style. It's way more effecient specially for one hand use. Sometimes you just press predictions for a whole sentence instead of typing. There's no comparison in my opinion.

Sent from my pimped iPhone

I have to second this one. I used Swiftkey on my old Android phone, and its prediction engine ran circles around the iOS keyboard. I hope this is one of the things improved in iOS 7.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at the HTC One and SGS4 forums both have a dedicated sticky for bugs both of which have over 15 pages of people with problems now take a look at iPhone forums at least here on iMore no such sticky to be found because the hardware and software are both made by Apple there's less encounters with bugs as there isn't a million different combinations of OEM hardware and skins etc.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
Go to Mac rumors. You will see plenty of issues with iPhones. Hell, my iPhone 4's home button died completely. The iPhone is no where near perfect.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Go to Mac rumors. You will see plenty of issues with iPhones. Hell, my iPhone 4's home button died completely. The iPhone is no where near perfect.

I'm not saying its perfect and of course the home button will fail that's not a bug though, a physical part of the phone that's used everyday is bound to wear out. Most of the issues that plague One and S4 owners are software related. In general iOS is more stable, I'm not saying there are no bugs period but compared to Android Terminex would be out of business if it relied on Apple haha.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Buggy soft ware, features turning off?,constant battery monitoring? I don't know which Android phone you had that did that.

Yeah. That's a great response keep making stupid remarks such as these.

Stupid response? Why is that, because you didn't understand it? I highlighted your questions concerning which Android phones had these issues in Red. These were your questions. My reply to that was that there are a number of Androids devices having those issues, and there are. The Nexus 4 that you are using is one of them. I had it and could not wait to return it. Oh, and please don't say the Nexus 4 didn't because I also post over at Android Central and know exactly what the issues were based on member complaints...... That said, I will not be baited into a Android VS Apple debate with you as this type of discussion never goes anywhere..... Have a nice day. :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
l dev said:
I got my nexus 4 in February and the battery life was pretty good on standby mode. I am not a heavy user and it lasted me for the day easily. 2 days ago installed android 4.3 and there is a huge drain on the battery. Previously the consumption for Android os was low down the list. Now it it is at the top, competing with the screen consumption. Basically, it has gone on standby from something like 2-3% per hour to 6-8% per hour. What has Google done? They better issue a patch for this horrendous increase in battery consumption with 4.3.

Pulled directly from the Nexus 4 forums.

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
so you're basing your entire iPhone experience with the iPhone 4???

i'm done.

I doesn't matter if it is an iphone 4, 4s, 5 or ipad the look and feel of ios is the same. Just like it has always looked. Ios desperately needs a refresh.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I doesn't matter if it is an iphone 4, 4s, 5 or ipad the look and feel of ios is the same. Just like it has always looked. Ios desperately needs a refresh.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

And that we will get! ;)

abeza5u9.jpg

Sent from my pimped iPhone

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

[WARN]Please do not troll in the forums. Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Do not make posts just for creating arguments. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of trolling posts and/or harassment of other members will be treated seriously. Mobile Nations has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. Our sites are friendly places - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it![/WARN]

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I'm growing more and more bored with my iPhone. But my brief affairs with android never turn out well. I always come back.

I've had the iPhones 4-5 with android in between.

Anyone feeling the same?

nothing can please this generation anymore.
i use to be amazed with my motorola flip phone.

now everything is KRAP!

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Eh, sometimes I feel like I'm bored with it. But I use it as much as I ever have. I think it's more a case of taking it for granted. And part of it is it's been a while since it's done something new that really wows me. The thing I'm most looking forward to is the day when my phone eliminates the need for me to carry a wallet.

And I don't think this is exclusive to the iPhone. I'm sure most of us who are "bored" with the iPhone would be "bored" with an Android phone after a few months (and probably wish we had our iPhone back!).

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Are you going to label any real life experiences that differ from yours as 'troll comments' again just because it doesn't fit your opinion?

Here, I'll help you out:

I had a Galaxy S2, Samsung's flagship phone at the time I got it.

Battery life was so-so on 2.3.4 (about half what my old previous iPhone 3G had). Then it got updated to 2.3.6 and battery life nose-dived. The issues with battery life with 2.3.6 were very well documented. Even better, an updated fix existed for the 2.3.6 battery issue, but AT&T never bothered to push it out. You can blame that on a carrier issue, true. However iPhones updates aren't held hostage to carriers like Android phones are.

Further down the road, 4.0 is finally released (only 8 months after it was officially announced). It's decent, battery is still crap but not *quite* as bad as 2.3.6 AFTER I spend a considerable time fiddling, customizing, and generally having to **** around with the phone just to get 'decent' functionality (the true face of Android's 'customizeability', having to screw with it non-stop just to figure out what's screwing it up).

Then 4.0.4 got released, and proceeded to make a whole crap-ton of AT&T GS2's go through the 'sleep of death' issue. Phone would randomly not want to wake from a sleep state, forcing a hard reset and 20% less battery remaining after the reboot. This was a very widely reported issue. This rendered the phone almost unusable for me. I had to get around it by loading CM 10.1, which actually ran pretty nice. However the default Android apologist's answer of "just root and ROM it" to deal with the shortcomings of Android is an unacceptable answer for the general public, nor should it be.

About 3 months after 4.0.4 got released, AT&T finally acknowledged the issue existed, and 2 month after that finally pushed an update to fix it.

CM 10.1 was actually working pretty well for me until I got an iPhone 5 through work. After about a week of learning just how WELL the phone worked without having to **** around with it all the time like my GS2, I was converted.

And before you get the idea that I'm some simpleton who's afraid of technology: I've worked in the IT field for my entire adult life, working with all sorts of technology. Bad tech is bad tech, and continuing to put up with bad tech in favor of technology that actually works does not make one a 'leet tech pro'. It just makes one a stubborn dumb ***. The users I support would not tolerate their PC's and server architecture (which they rely on to do their jobs) to randomly die on them several times a day like some smartphones do, but apparently that's OK with phones and makes one a 'tech savvy' person to put up with it. Ridiculous logic.

So yeah, this was a flagship, top tier Android phone from the most successful Android manufacturer that ran like absolute crap until I finally had to hack it compared to my iOS device.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I remember dude from Android Central, I remember him sticking up for IOS in several threads, don't see his point in bashing IOS and sticking up for android.

Yes I don't understand Chetan, when iOS 7 was unveiled he shouted from the mountain tops that it was such a refreshing change he was coming back to iPhone yet most of his posts on iMore have been defending Android to a fault.

I understand being objective and liking both OSes but from his posts it seems that he's still an iOS hater even though he 'clearly wants to come back'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner