Anyone Else Bored With Their iPhone?

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that I am not the only one feeling this way. I have tried to almost force myself to go back to S4 several times over and each time I have come back to the iPhone5. The S4 has always given more for my money and has a ton of more features than the iPhone but like the one guy said its simple and effective. I liked the camera on the S4 and the Swype texting is pretty especically while driving. I am anxious to see how the iOS7 treats my phone and makes me feel. I am hoping and praying that I don't regret not having a S4.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
- the last thing was the iPhone 5 keyboard, there's no comparison and I tried a lot of android keyboards. Nothing came close.

I agree with most of what you say except this. Did you try Swiftkey? In my opinion it totally trumps the iPhone keyboard with it's accurate predictions that also gets better with time as it learns your typing style. It's way more effecient specially for one hand use. Sometimes you just press predictions for a whole sentence instead of typing. There's no comparison in my opinion.

Sent from my pimped iPhone

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I was getting a bit bored but I happened to like iOS 7 plus many of the new apps being updated
Aren't just apps with buttons at the bottom. That's what bored me was the lack of gestures in the apps. I also happen to like the new core apps allot better and the physics engine makes the experience more enjoyable. I went to android for a brief time( still use it once and a while and the lack of smooth scrolling and the generic look of allot of the apps turned me off. Also many of the games don't run smooth on even high end devices. My s3 never ran many games that smooth. Nova ran fine but then need for speed had a bit of lag. The optimization of iOS is why I prefer it. I like many apps on android though

Sent from a place on earth

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just telling my brother a few days ago how I'm starting to get bored with my iPhone, then I had to really think about it. I had a GS3 and only kept it for three months before coming back to iOS..I can't deal with android battery life and since I just purchased a new 64GB iPad, I am definitely sticking with my i5!!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I'm bored. But I went and got the s4 and came running back to iPhone after two days. I just had too many issues with it overheating. Everything on my sd card got deleted and the camera quality wasn't as good as the iPhone 5 so I was missing that

I am using a i5, but every review that I have read has said that the S4 camera was superior. Maybe something was wrong with yours?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
" and the Swype texting is pretty especically while driving."

If you are texting while driving, then you need to have your license revoked.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using a i5, but every review that I have read has said that the S4 camera was superior. Maybe something was wrong with yours?

I think something was wrong with my phone. I think they gave me a bad gs4 in the store. I feel bad I never gave the gs4 a chance. Nice device.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope not bored at all! I have had an android before (hero) but I was mainly a BB girl at heart...till I got my 3GS in 2010 as a hand me down from my daughter of all people! I was tempted when the Z10 came out and purchased it on the 2nd day but that only lasted a week and I quickly returned it and went back to my 4S. Yes, there are time I get bored but I think about the ease of use, reliability and the dreaded word BB folks hate to hear- apps! We can all find an ecosystem that will work for us it's a matter of preference but for me I rather stay with my tried and true iPhone and wait for ios7 with its improvements.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with most of what you say except this. Did you try Swiftkey? In my opinion it totally trumps the iPhone keyboard with it's accurate predictions that also gets better with time as it learns your typing style. It's way more effecient specially for one hand use. Sometimes you just press predictions for a whole sentence instead of typing. There's no comparison in my opinion.

Sent from my pimped iPhone

I actually sort of disagree. Swiftkey was really good but I liked the standard Google keyboard better. I think it comes down to if you feel like the predictions are natural and can help out. I never really felt that way so I end up enjoying the iPhone and Google keyboards more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Here we go again...

Nope I love my iPhone and I'm mad but glad with myself that I left for a brief stint with Android cause I now truly appreciate the stability, ecosystem and just down right usability of iOS. Yes I know the Fandroid argument about customizing but that's all smoke and mirrors. Here's a quote from the Samsung Galaxy S4 camp that pretty much sums up the Android experience ,

Majority of Android users are stuck in this constant cycle of boredom with their phones cause they're constantly changing their home screens. Believe me when I was in the Android camp I was flashing roms and changing around my home screens on a daily and weekly basis and guess what I got BORED!!

So I came back to my beloved iPhone and iOS to which I haven't been bored since I returned last July. The Fandroids can have all that constant customizing, buggy software, constant monitoring of their batteries and shutting off all their features but I'll be content with my iPhone for a long time to come. 😃😁

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Buggy soft ware, features turning off?,constant battery monitoring? I don't know which Android phone you had that did that.

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using a Blackberry bold 9900. I also have an iphone 4. My bold is my daily driver for the moment but depending on what os7 will be like on the 4 I might switch back to the iphone. I got bored of the look and feel of the current ios.

I am loving the physical keypad on my bold and am faster typing on this than the iphone but I can use onscrean keyboards. I feel there is some room for improvement with the ios keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Buggy soft ware, features turning off?,constant battery monitoring? I don't know which Android phone you had that did that.

Take a look at the HTC One and SGS4 forums both have a dedicated sticky for bugs both of which have over 15 pages of people with problems now take a look at iPhone forums at least here on iMore no such sticky to be found because the hardware and software are both made by Apple there's less encounters with bugs as there isn't a million different combinations of OEM hardware and skins etc.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not bored at all, in fact, after going on a pretty hectic road trip in Cali, I love it even more than i did before...it was perfect all the way around.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox