Sorry for the newbie question. With the VLC player app available now at App Store, I am buffled to how to put files in my phone. I understand iOS / iTunes does not support MKV files, so how do I put unsupported file format in my iPhone so it plays with VLC?

Do I use iFunBox to do it? If so, which directory should I put the files?

Thanks.
    07-20-2013 02:18 AM
    Sorry for the newbie question. With the VLC player app available now at App Store, I am buffled to how to put files in my phone. I understand iOS / iTunes does not support MKV files, so how do I put unsupported file format in my iPhone so it plays with VLC?

Do I use iFunBox to do it? If so, which directory should I put the files?

Thanks.
    You can use a 3rd party cloud service like Dropbox, Box or any of a number of other services. As far as I know, it’s the only way...
    07-20-2013 09:52 AM
    Many apps use the Document Sharing feature in iTunes; not sure about vlc but it's worth a look. Essentially, you'd add them directly to the app when syncing.
    07-20-2013 10:53 AM
    I prefer not to use online storage like Dropbox, box, etc, as it can only be done via Wifi, and it takes time (reupload video file 1+ GB to server, then download it). I want to load my video files to my iPhone directly as it's one way vs 2 ways. Thanks.
    07-20-2013 02:23 PM
    I prefer not to use online storage like Dropbox, box, etc, as it can only be done via Wifi, and it takes time (reupload video file 1+ GB to server, then download it). I want to load my video files to my iPhone directly as it's one way vs 2 ways. Thanks.
    I would like to know as well.
    07-20-2013 04:57 PM
    Like I mentioned earlier, you need to use iTunes. Here are the basic steps: Add videos in VLC Media Player for iPhone
    07-20-2013 05:38 PM
    I myself would have thought there would be more options but Massie is right in the link he provided to you that I read, It does appear to be the only way and it has a short tutorial to go along with it the link.

Hope this works for you.
    07-20-2013 08:07 PM
    I myself would have thought there would be more options but Massie is right in the link he provided to you that I read, It does appear to be the only way and it has a short tutorial to go along with it the link.

Hope this works for you.
    No, you can drop files directly from iTunes with the phone synced. Drop box is an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2013 12:52 AM