I recently bought a used iPhone 5, which was only 6 months old, and the home button feels very weird.
    My father also has an iPhone 5, and his is the main reason I wanted to get one, so I traded my GS4, and got the iPhone 5 from an older lady, who kept it in a case with a screen protector on it it's whole life.
    -Anyways, my dad's home button is very nice, and smooth feeling. However, mine is very "clicky", and not really smooth at all. It also feels like it isn't being pressed down all the way, when it actually is. It actually feels kinda like the number buttons on feature phones. It works, but it doesn't feel satisfying like my dad's in the way of smoothness.
    Is this normal, and just something I should have to get used to, or should I contact Apple? Also, I don't have an Apple store near my house, so I am kinda SOL on that deal.
    Thanks for any help given!
    07-20-2013 01:43 AM
    I recently bought a used iPhone 5, which was only 6 months old, and the home button feels very weird.
    My father also has an iPhone 5, and his is the main reason I wanted to get one, so I traded my GS4, and got the iPhone 5 from an older lady, who kept it in a case with a screen protector on it it's whole life.
    -Anyways, my dad's home button is very nice, and smooth feeling. However, mine is very "clicky", and not really smooth at all. It also feels like it isn't being pressed down all the way, when it actually is. It actually feels kinda like the number buttons on feature phones. It works, but it doesn't feel satisfying like my dad's in the way of smoothness.
    Is this normal, and just something I should have to get used to, or should I contact Apple? Also, I don't have an Apple store near my house, so I am kinda SOL on that deal.
    Thanks for any help given!
    You can take it to an Apple store and have a genius look at it. If there is a problem, and it’s still under warranty (all iPhone 5s are at this point), and there’s been no physical damage, they’ll replace it... won’t cost you a penny.
    07-20-2013 09:49 AM
    This may shed some light on the home button. http://www.imore.com/look-iphone-hom...r-lack-thereof

This may give you insight on how to repair/replace it. http://www.imore.com/iphone-diy-repa...e-home-buttons
    07-20-2013 09:49 AM
    Its under warranty. You can get phone replaced. I wouldn't recommend a DIYS repair which now voids warranty in the above link.
    07-20-2013 01:57 PM
    Genius Bar is your best bet.
    07-20-2013 04:49 PM
    There is no physical damage at all. The phone really is in pristine condition, the button just feels weird.
    I might have to find a way to get to a genius bar.
    07-20-2013 08:44 PM
    Hmmm...Thanks for the links!
    07-20-2013 08:46 PM
    How would I go about getting it replace without a Genius Bar anywhere around me?
    07-20-2013 08:46 PM
    I wish I had one near me!
    07-20-2013 08:47 PM
    How would I go about getting it replace without a Genius Bar anywhere around me?
    Here is a listing of Apples support numbers. Just pick out the one from your area and give them a call. They will make arrangements to swap out your iPhone via the mail. http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    07-21-2013 08:16 AM
    Before you jump the gun and go to the Genius Bar and everything else, Have you considered going to your settings and under accessibility to your home button settings and see if anything there would help your problem?

If not then you might thing of the other advice you have been given. Best of luck and keep us informed.
    08-05-2013 08:14 PM