so i went to meet a guy last weekend to buy an iPhone 5 (Craigslist)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
welp, met with that guy earlier this evening..

White iPhone 5 16gb - $300 - not a scratch. no issues at all. AND just like when i was born - Naked to the World!

i also had a couple of friends outside the building watching/waiting just in case

Sounds like a great deal. Congrats and good luck with your new iPhone 5. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
now onto my next adventure.. selling my 4S on CL!

Too bad you weren't selling just a few weeks earlier when I was buying my son a iPhone 4S for his B-Day. Ended up going on eBay and picking up a like new one for $350 that also included a LifeProof case. I think your 4S will sell quick as it is a nice phone and a good alternative to a more expensive iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Too bad you weren't selling just a few weeks earlier when I was buying my son a iPhone 4S for his B-Day. Ended up going on eBay and picking up a like new one for $350 that also included a LifeProof case. I think your 4S will sell quick as it is a nice phone and a good alternative to a more expensive iPhone 5.

exactly! i am getting a few emails already about it so it's just a matter of time before it sells

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Has to be. AppleCare in included, and cannot be "purchased"... only AC+ is available for purchase...

I meant if it has AC + and not just the standard one-year warranty. The reason I ask is
because a person can call up Apple and just cancel AppleCare+ and just be charged a
pro-rated amount from time of purchase. The person who originally purchasd the AC+,
of course.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm really beginning to appreciate how good a deal that nice white 5 was at $300. Here in the Chicago area, I cannot find anything seemingly legit for less than $400.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just meet in the police parking lot. I do that every time and only honest people will do it. Some seem relieved by it too.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Just meet in the police parking lot. I do that every time and only honest people will do it. Some seem relieved by it too.

I do this too. Meet in the lobby actually. I approach the front desk every time and tell them why I am there. They are always really nice about it. I have had 2 guys dip out on me when I said where I wanted to meet. Everyone else has been great. As of lately though I have been experiencing low ballers who show up, check out whatever I am selling and then plead their case why they want to pay less. I immediately walk away. If I make it clear before we meet that I am firm on my price and won't budge then I have no time for their nonsense. Again, the last 3 sales I experienced this. *scratches head*

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
We used to have contests at work to see who could find the most outlandish technology ads on Craigslist and Kijiji. Someone would always track down that one crazy who thought his 1996 compaq presario was actually worth as much as he paid for it 15 years prior.

I hate shopping for technology on those free to post ad sites.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Just read in the rants and raves section yesterday about a guy who met up with someone to sell this a Nexus 4. The guy was robbed. The man asked to check the phone out and as he did some guy pulled up in a truck and the guy jumped in the truck bed with the guys phone and sped off. Sad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods