How does the white iPhone hold up if you don't use a case?

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The white iPhone holds up a lot better than the black, that's for sure. I have the white and I've dropped it once, but other than that it looks like the day I bought it. I do have a Caudabe Veil on it which is good for scratch protection and a screen protector I bought on Amazon for cheap. But that's all I really need.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
edeqe4e7.jpg

I always had a case on it the one time I didn't I drop it and this happen luckily I had a screen protector if I didn't I couldn't use it at all so if I where you buy a case and a screen protector

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'd rather use nothing than a shattered screen like that. my OCD would reach the outer limits of the universe

lfeuln

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My white held up well for 10 months till I shattered the screen this week. There was a speck of dirt that entered the edge of the home button though.

I'd say if you have AppleCare+, easy access to a store and haven't relocated countries as I did :( - it's safe enough to go caseless.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather carry around my iPad with cell data. Even take it to the gym.

I've only taken my iPad Mini to the gym once and it didn't go to well. It fell from the treadmill face down. Luckily it had a Speck CandyShell case on so it didn't get damaged at all.

BuhdeeBoy

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the black iPhone for about two and a half weeks and been going naked with it. Already noticed a scuff on the back and I've never dropped it. However, my dad has had his white one naked since November and his looks darn near perfect still

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i dont always use a case for my white iphone and so far it is still white shining and fresh minus the dent in the corner that i caused from dropping the phone but phone still stays white

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a brand new iPhone after dropping my last one in the toilet, ended up buying a black speck case for it but I'm itching to use it naked. But I film videos with my iPhone and set my phone down on tables and pavements from time to time why risk getting it sticky or scuffed up? But ahhhh! I miss rocking a naked iPhone.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I always, Always go naked with my phones. I stronly dislike the feel of cases and screen protectors.

And I witnessed something "funny" or interesting you might say last week at work with a friend that has a case for his iPhone 4. The case had collected so much dust and small grain of sand etc inside of it so when he took the phone out of the case it was scratched a lot! More so than going caseless.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I always, Always go naked with my phones. I stronly dislike the feel of cases and screen protectors.

And I witnessed something "funny" or interesting you might say last week at work with a friend that has a case for his iPhone 4. The case had collected so much dust and small grain of sand etc inside of it so when he took the phone out of the case it was scratched a lot! More so than going caseless.

How has your experience been with foregoing a screen protector? I hate the screen protectors I use because they eventually get scratches in them and take away a degree of screen quality to. Part of me thinks "hey dummy, that is why you are using a screen protector, so 'it' takes on the scratches instead of your screen". But another part me thinks that the glass itself might not have necessarily scratched in those situations given its resistence compared to a plastic sheething.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
How has your experience been with foregoing a screen protector? I hate the screen protectors I use because they eventually get scratches in them and take away a degree of screen quality to. Part of me thinks "hey dummy, that is why you are using a screen protector, so 'it' takes on the scratches instead of your screen". But another part me thinks that the glass itself might not have necessarily scratched in those situations given its resistence compared to a plastic sheething.

In my experience screen protectors get scratched very easily. Scratches that would not happen if you didn't have a screen protector. Once I tried that STK glass shield on an iPhone ($30 about). It was nice and looked like the real phone almost but boy the first day it got many small scratches. I have never ever gotten a scratch on any on my phones that has bothered me in years. Sure a few of these micro scratches I have got that you have to hold the phone in a specific angle in the light to see them. Those ones I have gotten a few but those are never visible in real life usage.

I am always very careful with my phones. I rather take some small scratches rather than using a protector that not only destroys the image slightly, but they take away the good feel of the touchscreen too. I want to enjoy my phones naked and see and feel the beauty of them! What's the point of having a beautiful phone if you hide all of it. It's just a phone!

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Ive had the 5 since September last yr. never put a screen protector on it. Not 1 scratch yet. This screen is pretty tough against scratches based on my experience so far.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
In my experience screen protectors get scratched very easily. Scratches that would not happen if you didn't have a screen protector. Once I tried that STK glass shield on an iPhone ($30 about). It was nice and looked like the real phone almost but boy the first day it got many small scratches. I have never ever gotten a scratch on any on my phones that has bothered me in years. Sure a few of these micro scratches I have got that you have to hold the phone in a specific angle in the light to see them. Those ones I have gotten a few but those are never visible in real life usage.

I am always very careful with my phones. I rather take some small scratches rather than using a protector that not only destroys the image slightly, but they take away the good feel of the touchscreen too. I want to enjoy my phones naked and see and feel the beauty of them! What's the point of having a beautiful phone if you hide all of it. It's just a phone!

I agree about some screen protectors, but I have found, IMO, that the Zagg HD is great. It is really "invisible" on the phone, doesn't affect image quality, and doesn't affect the feel of the touchscreen. Just my $.02.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR