How does the white iPhone hold up if you don't use a case?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Agreed the otterbox cases are just too bulky and ugly. I understand their purpose but like you would never put one on my sexy phone!

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

It's fine for people who's affraid of damaging the phone, or someone who fears dropping it from a 20 story building, they are just too big.

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
White iPhone 5 since release day. Never a case. You'd have to use a magnifier to see the scratches. Phone gets its own pocket with nothing else.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone since Dec. 2012 and keep it in a case. I bought a really cheap transparent case. So that its protected without sacrificing the beauty of this phone. I clean my phone once every 3 months though. :) I didn't like white at first but when i saw the chipping issues. I was thankful to my sister to buy it in white and in 64gb since I put a lot of media on it :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well considering that I wasn't able to wait until the iPhone 5s came out and ended up moving on an iPhone 5, in white, I might be able to answer this EXCEPT for the fact that I IMMEDIATELY put it in an Otterbox.
No way. Can't risk my new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well considering that I wasn't able to wait until the iPhone 5s came out and ended up moving on an iPhone 5, in white, I might be able to answer this EXCEPT for the fact that I IMMEDIATELY put it in an Otterbox.

Congratulations, how do you like it compared to your previous iPhone.

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I KNEW you wouldn't be able to wait. Lol

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations, how do you like it compared to your previous iPhone.

FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much smoother. The camera is JUST BEYOND AMAZING. Beyond that, I thoughT I was going to hate the elongated device but I've taken to it quite readily. The battery is still breaking in but I've managed over 8 hours of heavy use (whatsApp, messaging, music, FB) pretty consistently.

And the device is even more gorgeous than the 4S. It is just gorgeous.

Get me BBM quickly and this device will become my daily driver 98% of the time.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i just picked up a white 5 and have no plans on covering it - with anything. AND i work in the construction industry

needless to say my OCD has reached an all new level - YOLO!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a case 24/7 with my White iPhone 5 and it still looks as good as the day I took it out of the box. There isn't a scratch on it and there is also no yellowing on the white front which some people worry about.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i just picked up a white 5 and have no plans on covering it - with anything. AND i work in the construction industry

needless to say my OCD has reached an all new level - YOLO!

Congrats on your new iPhone 5 purchase! I assume one of your CL adventures was finally successful?? How do you like it so far?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone 5 purchase! I assume one of your CL adventures was finally successful?? How do you like it so far?

thanks! pretty sweet actually! i've messed around with a few to see what the LTE speed was like but, as you know, it's different when you have the leisure to constantly fiddle with your own

the battery life is amazing compared to my 4S, which wasn't bad to begin with.

in regards to the CL transaction i am still unsure why the guy was selling it. he was acting really funny at times but everything i did to check the device came out fine so i went for it. this should hold me over until March 2014 when my upgrade is due!

do you have a 5 as well?

anon(764611)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this (to lazy to read through all of the responses right now), but I have a black iphone5 and I use the Ghost Armor on mine. It works great and keeps it scratch free. Go to Ghost Armor and check it out.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks! pretty sweet actually! i've messed around with a few to see what the LTE speed was like but, as you know, it's different when you have the leisure to constantly fiddle with your own

the battery life is amazing compared to my 4S, which wasn't bad to begin with.

in regards to the CL transaction i am still unsure why the guy was selling it. he was acting really funny at times but everything i did to check the device came out fine so i went for it. this should hold me over until March 2014 when my upgrade is due!

do you have a 5 as well?

Yep. I've had my white 5 since October. It still amazes me to this day how fast and reliable it is! Glad to hear you're enjoying yours so far!!

I've had very similar experiences with CL/kijiji myself so I understand your frustration. Good honest deals with a safe transaction are almost impossible to accomplish. You got a great price on that device though!

Are you using any kind of holster/pouch/belt clip with your 5 or just in your pocket? I work construction myself and have always used a Defender which I loathe with a passion!!
It's way too nice of a phone to be buried in that brick of a case. It's also way too nice of a phone to break due to a multiple story drop! Lol......decisions..........

micahjbrooks1991

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
There's no way I'd go naked with my iphone, I'm way too clumsy. My shocksuit from bodyglove is just as protective as a super expensive and bulky otterbox and it still looks pretty slick, at least I think it does

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen