Well considering that I wasn't able to wait until the iPhone 5s came out and ended up moving on an iPhone 5, in white, I might be able to answer this EXCEPT for the fact that I IMMEDIATELY put it in an Otterbox.
    No way. Can't risk my new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-20-2013 04:30 PM
    Well considering that I wasn't able to wait until the iPhone 5s came out and ended up moving on an iPhone 5, in white, I might be able to answer this EXCEPT for the fact that I IMMEDIATELY put it in an Otterbox.

Congratulations, how do you like it compared to your previous iPhone.
    Last edited by FFR; 07-21-2013 at 04:20 AM.
    07-20-2013 04:38 PM

I KNEW you wouldn't be able to wait. Lol
    07-20-2013 05:33 PM
    Congratulations, how do you like it compared to your previous iPhone.

FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much smoother. The camera is JUST BEYOND AMAZING. Beyond that, I thoughT I was going to hate the elongated device but I've taken to it quite readily. The battery is still breaking in but I've managed over 8 hours of heavy use (whatsApp, messaging, music, FB) pretty consistently.

And the device is even more gorgeous than the 4S. It is just gorgeous.

Get me BBM quickly and this device will become my daily driver 98% of the time.
    Professor Soul likes this.
    07-21-2013 11:39 AM
    i just picked up a white 5 and have no plans on covering it - with anything. AND i work in the construction industry

needless to say my OCD has reached an all new level - YOLO!
    StayClassy101 likes this.
    07-21-2013 11:56 AM
    I don't use a case 24/7 with my White iPhone 5 and it still looks as good as the day I took it out of the box. There isn't a scratch on it and there is also no yellowing on the white front which some people worry about.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    07-21-2013 12:43 PM
    i just picked up a white 5 and have no plans on covering it - with anything. AND i work in the construction industry

needless to say my OCD has reached an all new level - YOLO!
    Congrats on your new iPhone 5 purchase! I assume one of your CL adventures was finally successful?? How do you like it so far?
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-21-2013 05:05 PM
    Congrats on your new iPhone 5 purchase! I assume one of your CL adventures was finally successful?? How do you like it so far?
    thanks! pretty sweet actually! i've messed around with a few to see what the LTE speed was like but, as you know, it's different when you have the leisure to constantly fiddle with your own

the battery life is amazing compared to my 4S, which wasn't bad to begin with.

in regards to the CL transaction i am still unsure why the guy was selling it. he was acting really funny at times but everything i did to check the device came out fine so i went for it. this should hold me over until March 2014 when my upgrade is due!

do you have a 5 as well?
    07-21-2013 06:13 PM
    no issues here and I've hardly ever used a case w any iphone I've ever had
    07-21-2013 10:12 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this (to lazy to read through all of the responses right now), but I have a black iphone5 and I use the Ghost Armor on mine. It works great and keeps it scratch free. Go to Ghost Armor and check it out.
    07-22-2013 12:21 AM
    thanks! pretty sweet actually! i've messed around with a few to see what the LTE speed was like but, as you know, it's different when you have the leisure to constantly fiddle with your own

the battery life is amazing compared to my 4S, which wasn't bad to begin with.

in regards to the CL transaction i am still unsure why the guy was selling it. he was acting really funny at times but everything i did to check the device came out fine so i went for it. this should hold me over until March 2014 when my upgrade is due!

do you have a 5 as well?
    Yep. I've had my white 5 since October. It still amazes me to this day how fast and reliable it is! Glad to hear you're enjoying yours so far!!

I've had very similar experiences with CL/kijiji myself so I understand your frustration. Good honest deals with a safe transaction are almost impossible to accomplish. You got a great price on that device though!

Are you using any kind of holster/pouch/belt clip with your 5 or just in your pocket? I work construction myself and have always used a Defender which I loathe with a passion!!
    It's way too nice of a phone to be buried in that brick of a case. It's also way too nice of a phone to break due to a multiple story drop! Lol......decisions..........
    07-22-2013 01:04 AM
    I prefer the shell because bumber protect the sides only
    Last edited by stephanemark; 07-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    07-22-2013 08:09 AM
    Traded recently for the white (2nd time) and can't imagine putting a case on this beauty...
    07-22-2013 08:43 AM
    You will switch again lol
    bgl321 likes this.
    07-22-2013 09:08 AM
    There's no way I'd go naked with my iphone, I'm way too clumsy. My shocksuit from bodyglove is just as protective as a super expensive and bulky otterbox and it still looks pretty slick, at least I think it does
    07-22-2013 11:13 AM
    I have the iPhone 5 in white with 64gb of storage. I bought the white for that reason, very glad I did. My phone is flawless, use screen protector all the time, must say I do take very good care of it. The white version IMO is the best for not showing wear and tear. Love it. Good Luck, Vinny

07-23-2013 09:34 AM
    Mine has been in a case since day one. I'm in the "way too clumsy" club. My Lupus gives me very dry hands and if I use it naked I can't hold on to it. I went naked once (ONCE) with my 4 and dropped it and chipped the glass. Sadly I deciced I can't be trusted without a case. I would love to use it without a case because it's thin and light. I have the Speck candy shell grip. It's small enough to keep the lightweight feel. I also have a Griffin Survivor case but only use that when I know it's going to be rainy or I know it could get bumped around (like the fair or Disney). I tried an Otter Box but it rattled in the case so I was worried it would scratch it up like it did for my daughters iPhone 4.
    07-23-2013 12:41 PM
    I'm using my summery Speck Fabshell Megaplaid spectrum case for now but as soon as fall hits, naked baby.

Shhhh qbknlt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2013 01:40 PM
    I have never put a case on my White iPhone 5 and I got it when they first came out. Mine looks like it did the day it came out of the box. Perfectly fine. Same with my old iPhone 4S
    07-23-2013 02:10 PM
    I don't use a case on mine unless I need a Mophie for a particular occasion. Got it on launch day and dropped it numerous times on a variety of dangerous surfaces including concrete, gravel, dirt, etc. Although it is both scuffed and scratched, it doesn't really show either unless you're looking. It's not nearly as bad as a slightly scuffed or scratched black iPhone 5. That's one reason I love the white, it hides all of the wear. The only noticeable issue is the plastic rim around the front glass can get dirty when it gets dinged which can be mildly distracting. It's definitely worth going caseless however, the phone is beautiful.
    07-23-2013 06:51 PM
    Threads like this torture me because there is such a large part of me that wants to go case-less. I do worry about dropping it, but also about times where i just toss it on the counter, desk, etc. I worry about the back or sides scratching. Partly because, I always sell my year old device to put toward purchasing the newest release. Wish I could get past it lol. It's such a sleek and sexy device!
    djjohnson likes this.
    07-23-2013 07:04 PM
    Rule of thumb for me is I pop a case on when I go out but at home I go ceaseless. I've dropped and cracked too many devices on the sidewalk without a case. Even with the insurance this is like 150 to replace.
    mglivesey likes this.
    07-23-2013 11:42 PM
    I'm going to order a case this week from Amazon,I scared I'm going to drop it.
    07-23-2013 11:58 PM
    I'm going to order a case this week from Amazon,I scared I'm going to drop it.
    this is a perfect example of someone who needs a case on their phone. if you "think" you're going to drop it, then you most likely will

as each day passes with my naked White iP5 the more i feel compelled to Not cover up this thing of beauty!
    07-24-2013 01:34 AM
    this is a perfect example of someone who needs a case on their phone. if you "think" you're going to drop it, then you most likely will

as each day passes with my naked White iP5 the more i feel compelled to Not cover up this thing of beauty!
    When I was running caseless I never dropped it.

Put the speck on and dropped it within the hour.

Shhhh qbknelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 01:49 AM
78 1234