View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In A Water-Resistant iPhone?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely Yes

21 60.00%
  • Possibly

4 11.43%
  • Not sure

3 8.57%
  • No

7 20.00%
    There's a nice article via the iMore Blog that focuses on this question. Would you be interested in a water resistant iPhone? My answer is YES, who wouldn't? Anyway, what say you? Please vote in the above poll as well as state your opinion below. Also, when you get a chance, check out the article via the iMore Blog. Would you be interested in a water resistant iPhone? [Poll] | iMore.com
    07-10-2013 08:35 PM
    It's a cool feature, but I'm much more interested in better features and hardware. I have my case for protection.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    07-10-2013 08:47 PM
    I say yes as well. My husband needed this a few weeks ago. Had his phone in his swim trunks pocket and forgot about it when he got in the pool.
    07-10-2013 08:49 PM
    It's a cool feature, but I'm much more interested in better features and hardware. I have my case for protection.

​Of course, but aside from that, a water-resistant device is a plus...
    07-10-2013 08:55 PM
    I say yes as well. My husband needed this a few weeks ago. Had his phone in his swim trunks pocket and forgot about it when he got in the pool.
    Oh dang........I bet he was ticked!
    07-10-2013 08:57 PM
    This almost happened to me on several occasions.

I once fell in the pool with an old Nokia. Lesson: don't work around the pool with your phone in your pocket.

Anyway, yes I would be interested in a water resistant phone.

Good Luck
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-10-2013 10:09 PM
    Yes he was and so was I. Needless to say his pockets are now sewn shut. Lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-10-2013 10:09 PM
    Wow... I just thought the same thing when I saw that ad for the S4 Active. Bring on the waterproof iPhone.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-10-2013 10:10 PM
    I'm sure it would be a nice feature to have.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-11-2013 12:28 AM
    I'd be interested if the trade offs weren't much. Screen quality, camera, etc. Oh and AppleCare (not plus) would have to cover water dmg. You can't sell a waterproof phone and not stand behind it.
    Just_Me_D and anon5664829 like this.
    07-11-2013 12:52 AM

It's not meant to be a "cool" feature it's a feature I would use often in the rain and other situations. This is a big deal.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-11-2013 08:11 PM
    I can see where it could be a great value.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-11-2013 09:04 PM
    So I got a Lifeproof Nuud case today! I'm lovin' it! I can finally be waterproof and have my retina display as well. Words can't express the joy I feel! Waterproof is a big deal for me (having dropped two phones in the toilet) so I've been all over lifeproof since I've had iPhones. Always was unhappy with that cheesy plastic screen cover. But today, today is a new day! I'm having my cake and I'm eating it! Woohoo!!!! Yayyyy meeee!!!

Am I the only who thinks this is a modern miracle?
    SmartFah and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-11-2013 10:45 PM
    If Apple could pull it off with keeping the iconic design we all know and love for the iPhone I would say yes! But I don't think that could happen I could only seeing this being done an additional device being manufactured and I really don't want to see Apple going the Samsung route and making a bunch of different variants of iPhone. I say use a case that offers water protection.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
    07-12-2013 12:56 AM
    If Apple could pull it off with keeping the iconic design we all know and love for the iPhone I would say yes! But I don't think that could happen I could only seeing this being done an additional device being manufactured and I really don't want to see Apple going the Samsung route and making a bunch of different variants of iPhone. I say use a case that offers water protection.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
    This is pretty much how I feel as well. If there is a way to do it without compromising the design, then I'm all in. But I don't know if that would be the case. I love the look and feel of the 5, especially when it's not in a case.
    swarlos likes this.
    07-12-2013 07:03 AM
    I said YES also. That would be a great additional feature to have indeed. Sure, there's the LifeProof case as well as the Atlas by Incipio...just to name a couple. But along with using those cases, something gets compromised-the sound quality. I don't know about the Atlas, but last year I bought a white LifeProof for my 4S & at first I loved it - I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread lol. But I have a hearing problem in one of my ears & having the case on made the sound muffled where I was missing some notifications I've never used it since, & it was out of the return period to get a refund...

So, if a water resistant feature were to be introduced, I'd def be happy about that !
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2013 07:48 AM
    If you are going to do it, do it right. Slapping a water resistant case on an iPhone will still not allow you to submerge the phone to take underwater pictures. The S4 Active and others like it are designed so that you can take close up shots of Charlie the Tuna. I think it would be awesome if Apple would design a phone from scratch that was meant to be used underwater. Sadly, with Apple's current one phone a year strategy, I don't see that happening.

Sent from somewhere
    07-12-2013 08:32 AM
    I definitely would like an iPhone "Active" (similar to what Samsung has done with the S4). In my career, I find myself in situations where I have to be in a downpour or at least traveling through it by foot and it would be nice to have no worries about water damage (not that i do now really, but having that security blanket would be nice).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2013 08:45 AM
    yep now i wouldn't have to worry about my douchey friends pushing me in the pool with my phone
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2013 10:48 AM
    So I got a Lifeproof Nuud case today! I'm lovin' it! I can finally be waterproof and have my retina display as well. Words can't express the joy I feel! Waterproof is a big deal for me (having dropped two phones in the toilet) so I've been all over lifeproof since I've had iPhones. Always was unhappy with that cheesy plastic screen cover. But today, today is a new day! I'm having my cake and I'm eating it! Woohoo!!!! Yayyyy meeee!!!

I don't understand how you drop them in the toilet. Seriously.
    07-12-2013 12:02 PM
    Both times the phone was left in the bathroom on the shelf above the toilet. My phones are predominantly on silent/vibrate mode. I'm sure you can figure what happened next.
    07-12-2013 12:24 PM
    Water resistant is good if it had it I'd love it. However before getting to that point what I would love to see Apple do is have an iPhone as beautiful as the iPhone 5 but with a finish that is rugged. So I don't have to buy a case I just slap a screen protector and use it without fear or scratching, gouging, etc. Then worry about the water resistant business I want to use my iPhone without a case which I know many people already do.
    07-12-2013 01:49 PM
    My first post on this website was an epic story of a toilet drop (and rice bag rescue)...before it happened to me, I would have completely agreed with you...How the hell does one drop their phone in the toilet? That is, until it happened to me as I was talking to my dad, I can't remember exactly what it was now, I was reaching for something and I just lost my grip on it and into the water it went. It never happened before then, and it has never happened since...but I can't deny, It was just a simple accident (that scared the crap out of me because I had not had the damn thing very long).

*Edit for Nostalgia - http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4/197...adventure.html
    07-12-2013 01:59 PM

I can't wait to get one. I am holding out a little hoping that Verizon carries them since I get a discount.
    07-12-2013 02:31 PM
    I can't wait to get one. I am holding out a little hoping that Verizon carries them since I get a discount.
    U gone love it! Got a break on mine. Went to Best Buy to exchange my dre beats due to of all things water damage. Turns out they had no more on the shelf so I got the LG Tones and the case. Only paid $20 difference. Yesterday was a good day!
    07-12-2013 02:38 PM
35 12