What is this little cloud button for?

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is the picture I am reffering to http://i.imgur.com/ZiszpBU.png

You can notice this in red square, this is something like cloud logo, and I have that logo for my apps that I have downloaded previously and I want to download them again, but why is cloud logo here?

Because I dont have iCloud enabled or anything to do with iCloud..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It represents an app that you've already downloaded and / or purchased. If it's a paid app, you will not be re-charged for it. You can go to the purchased section of the App Store and see that same cloud icon next to the listing if all the apps you've ever purchased and downloaded from the App Store.

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It represents an app that you've already downloaded and / or purchased. If it's a paid app, you will not be re-charged for it. You can go to the purchased section of the App Store and see that same cloud icon next to the listing if all the apps you've ever purchased and downloaded from the App Store.

yes yes, I know It's for apps that I already download or purchased, but before there wasn't this cloud icon, can't remember what was instead..but nvm, I thought that it's something related to iCloud :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yes yes, I know It's for apps that I already download or purchased, but before there wasn't this cloud icon, can't remember what was instead..but nvm, I thought that it's something related to iCloud :)

If it is an app that had not been downloaded already, what should be displayed is FREE or a price. Also, tigerinexile is correct that "install" was in place before the cloud icon.

Last edited:

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

As they all said before, it's an app you purchased before. All purchases/downloads go to the cloud (doesn't take up iCloud storage space either :) )

taylorliv25

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem, I deleted my candy crush and facebook apps. Usually, I would just go into applestore and download them again. Now, I see the cloud and nothing is happening. I do not know how to reinstall them.
Can you help me?
I have just restored my ipad in the hopes that going back to the applestore they would be available for download but no. What should I do?
Many thanks
Liv Taylor

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The little cloud icon represents apps that have already been purchased, and readily available to re-download OTA (over the air).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234