The ONE time I didn't put a case on it
Didnt get AppleCare 😩 how much will this cost me at a apple store

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought they made this iPhone stronger than the 4/4s

Really? LMAO!

I understand being frustrated because you broke your phone, but are you seriously questioning the build quality of it? Yours looks like it was a bit more than your simple "Ooops! I dropped it!" No offense, but rolling naked without a case is a game of russian roulette...there is a point where looking for fault in the product becomes moot, and you simply have to accept that it wouldn't have mattered what phone it was, you'd be paying for repairs.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yikes. That's certainly one of the worst cases of a shattered screen I've seen recently. It sucks, I think most of us have either been there, or in the very least had a very close call. I run naked as well, so don't feel too bad about that. Hope you can get it fixed/replaced. Let us know!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Best bet is to take it to an Apple Store. With no AC+ it will probably run up to $200. If they say no to your repair there is a high likelihood that there is a third party repair center somewhere around there who will do it if you are uncomfortable fixing it yourself.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Try looking up a local iPhone repair shop. We have them here in my area (and I'm sure you prob got some in yours).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
According to latest reports, the cost of a screen replacement on an iPhone 5 is now $149 - virtually the same cost as AppleCare+ ($99) and one "physical damage" repair/exchange ($49).

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Worst case scenario is that you have to pay for a refurbishment unit at the Apple Store -- $229 plus tax.

(I just used my AppleCare+ to replace a phone, and they gave me two bills -- the $49 I paid, and the $229 I would have paid.)

So think of it this way: had you bought AppleCare+, it would have cost you $148, and because you didn't, it'll cost you $229.

Your failure to buy AppleCare+ has cost you $81 plus tax. Annoying, but not tragic.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just called the apple store it's $200 😔 always put a case on your phone people ! Walking around unprotected is a no no (insure your phone)

steve more

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help please
I did a screen replacement on my Ifone 4s, everything was ok until I dropped a screw in the case and turned the phone upside down to remove it, then out came a small gold piece with a hole (may be hooks onto or where a screw goes through) See pic. If anyone can tell me where it goes I would be so grateful.
The phone works fine as before except the WiFi keeps turning on and off, could this small gold piece be the problem??fone.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73