BlackBerry Z10 to iPhone 5

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore - I've also left the z10 recently and come (back) to Appleland. I can't offer battery tips other than what's been said but it'll be about a week for the battery to condition. After that, you're golden.

ssmita76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you will use internet connection for 24 hpurs it will eat more battery. Even brightness also affects the battery power. Turn Off your mail synchronization, it will help you.

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to echo everyone here, the biggest drain I've found on the i5 and even the i4s, is the fact that some apps just don't know when to stop using your gps. LTE is another big factor on the 5. I should turn my LTE off on my Q10 since it's barley used, but I do have a bigger battery so it's ok :p

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
my iphone lasts a full day without having to put it on the charger.

that's all i really need

my bold 9400 would need charging by noon

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back!

I have tested other platforms for other reasons, plus app development. IMO iOS just works. I know many have said it before. But it's true...

Solid hardware and great platform.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Q10 for awhile. It will be returned tomorrow. The app selection is dreadful. My who ecosystem is Apple, so iPhone is where I stay!

alieannie

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a z10 before I finally had enough (sideloading, reboots, and the whole play book debacle) and have switched to an iPhone 5. I have both set up the same way like fetch email Bluetooth off etc and battery life is very comparable.

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well it's a pity that so many ditch BB for the lack of Apps and developer won't do their native ports because of the lack of a huge user base :cant-watch:

The missing iCloud integration is doing their job as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well it's a pity that so many ditch BB for the lack of Apps and developer won't do their native ports because of the lack of a huge user base :cant-watch:

The missing iCloud integration is doing their job as well.

You could have probably made a similar comment as the Titanic was sinking too..."Such a shame that so many are getting into life boats and not enjoying this truly beautiful vessel."

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Congrats on your new device.

Location services for a lot of apps that you don't need them on... turn them off! Brightness is usually close to the beginning for me. Only wish I didn't need to do that to preserve battery life.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I see the same with or with out LTE off...

Biggest issue is signal strength... This accounts for 3G and LTE.. If it's going up and down.. The battery is done

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have to echo everyone here, the biggest drain I've found on the i5 and even the i4s, is the fact that some apps just don't know when to stop using your gps. LTE is another big factor on the 5. I should turn my LTE off on my Q10 since it's barley used, but I do have a bigger battery so it's ok :p

Kris? What blasphemy are you doing at imore lol

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I get much better battery life on my iPhone 5 than my Z10. Try turning off LTE and see it can be a real battery hog.

This is what I don't understand what's the point of having super fast data speeds like LTE if you just want to turn it off to save battery life?

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

:)

If you want good battery life don't use LTE.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you want good battery life don't use LTE.

If the LTE signal strength struggles to keep a strong connection due to lack of LTE
in the particular area one is in, then, yeah. Turn it off. Other than that, no reason to
turn it off if signal strength is good. If the 3G signal is just as good, then turn off data
all together.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never actually switched to 4G to see if I'd get better battery life, but I get great battery life using LTE 100% of the time, so I'd rather enjoy one of the main features of this model iPhone than turn it off and get a little better battery longevity.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This is what I don't understand what's the point of having super fast data speeds like LTE if you just want to turn it off to save battery life?

Because in some areas it's new and the towers aren't at full power so its dropping back and forth between 3G and LTE and killing the battery? Or because for most purposes LTE isn't required because 3G works fast enough unless its streaming media?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Because in some areas it's new and the towers aren't at full power so its dropping back and forth between 3G and LTE and killing the battery? Or because for most purposes LTE isn't required because 3G works fast enough unless its streaming media?

Ok valid points but from the context of the earlier post it sounded like just turning off LTE for the sake of a few extra hours of battery life and not for weak signal issues.
Well for me in my area 3G isn't nearly fast enough to even download small apps or browse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW