BlackBerry Z10 to iPhone 5

iNick89

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

:)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

First off, welcome to iMore. BB does have better battery quality than iOS I'll give them that. LTE will eat up ur battery. Do u have ur email set to push? If so, that will drain the battery quicker. Set ur brightness on the screen down as well. How many apps do u have pushing notifications?? That effects it too. Hope these tips help. Even tho this is from the iPhone 4 thread, same applies to ip5

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=190691

lovemyspanish

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome home. You will enjoy yourself here. Great people and all the help you need. You will be impressed. I love it here. I'm a newbie from Blackberry.

Sent from my sweet southern sassy 💝Iphone 5

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My battery is amazing compared to my 4s.

Anyway, turn off blue tooth when not using it.

Turn off GPS in apps that don't need it.

I get the following battery life

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249098.818807.jpg

By doing the following
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373248995.291433.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249007.752477.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249019.502637.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249068.468998.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249077.452372.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373249089.586001.jpg

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, OP. welcome to the iPhone family. I'd suggest checking to see if you have any apps that are constantly searching your location. You can see this under location services in the settings app. Whenever I realize my device is draining significantly, it is generally a location based app continuously pulling data.

If you were coming from a Q10, I'd warn you not to expect the same battery life on your iPhone. However, I'm not sure how great the battery life is on the Z10. I know it is nowhere near the Q10's, but in comparison to the iPhone, really not sure.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to a Crack free experience! Take a deep breath and enjoy the fresh air and clear thinking of iMore!!

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome over, I am another defector from Blackberry 10. After having an iPhone since their inception, I was getting bored with their IOS.

Had the Q10 and is a great phone, but the Apple world has the developers that ensure a rich ecosystem for it's users. I don't think BB will ever get to that level of support and have a rich app world like apple does. I thought I would be fine without alot of the apps but in the end I really missed them. The new BB platform has alot going for it and plenty of potential, I just think it's too late in the game trying to get deelopers on board..

It's nice to be back to apple, so welcome again and hope your enjoying your iPhone. .

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I came over from Blackberry last year and haven't looked back. Welcome to iMore. I suggest you use the auto brightness feature, set your email accounts to fetch or manual and only use push notifications for apps you really need pushed.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I still have a Blackberry I have to occasionally tape to my shoulder. Just for a little fix. I can quit any time. Really.

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey team,

Anyone have any tips?

I am still stuck with the Z10. My battery wil NOT last through a day at work. I suppose the frequent freezes and reboots eat up a lot of juice though.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I came over from Blackberry last year and haven't looked back. Welcome to iMore. I suggest you use the auto brightness feature, set your email accounts to fetch or manual and only use push notifications for apps you really need pushed.

Is there a way to change push settings for apps since I clicked yes to push them after originally installing them?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Indeed welcome to imore and if you do decide to look into battery guides we provide here to get the most use out of yours, JustMe'D provided one I am proud of for you to look at. Also just in general getting more and more use to your device I think will sort things out for you. Once again welcome to iMore.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Welcome. Some great advice on battery life in this thread.

Turning off push notifications for anything non-essential is a good battery saver. If you're running the Facebook app, turn off everything you can. I deleted the app as a test and my battery life has improved about 30% over the past week, so Facebook is a definite pig.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices