I have been using the Q10 for awhile. It will be returned tomorrow. The app selection is dreadful. My who ecosystem is Apple, so iPhone is where I stay!
    07-11-2013 08:54 PM
    I had a z10 before I finally had enough (sideloading, reboots, and the whole play book debacle) and have switched to an iPhone 5. I have both set up the same way like fetch email Bluetooth off etc and battery life is very comparable.
    07-14-2013 07:55 PM
    Well it's a pity that so many ditch BB for the lack of Apps and developer won't do their native ports because of the lack of a huge user base

The missing iCloud integration is doing their job as well.
    07-15-2013 11:24 AM
    Well it's a pity that so many ditch BB for the lack of Apps and developer won't do their native ports because of the lack of a huge user base

The missing iCloud integration is doing their job as well.
    You could have probably made a similar comment as the Titanic was sinking too..."Such a shame that so many are getting into life boats and not enjoying this truly beautiful vessel."
    07-16-2013 09:30 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Congrats on your new device.

Location services for a lot of apps that you don't need them on... turn them off! Brightness is usually close to the beginning for me. Only wish I didn't need to do that to preserve battery life.
    07-16-2013 11:08 PM
    I get much better battery life on my iPhone 5 than my Z10. Try turning off LTE and see it can be a real battery hog.
    07-17-2013 03:58 AM
    I see the same with or with out LTE off...

Biggest issue is signal strength... This accounts for 3G and LTE.. If it's going up and down.. The battery is done
    07-17-2013 08:41 AM
    I have to echo everyone here, the biggest drain I've found on the i5 and even the i4s, is the fact that some apps just don't know when to stop using your gps. LTE is another big factor on the 5. I should turn my LTE off on my Q10 since it's barley used, but I do have a bigger battery so it's ok :P
    Kris? What blasphemy are you doing at imore lol
    07-17-2013 05:15 PM
    I get much better battery life on my iPhone 5 than my Z10. Try turning off LTE and see it can be a real battery hog.
    This is what I don't understand what's the point of having super fast data speeds like LTE if you just want to turn it off to save battery life?

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
    07-18-2013 01:59 PM
    Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

If you want good battery life don't use LTE.
    07-18-2013 02:52 PM
    If you want good battery life don't use LTE.
    If the LTE signal strength struggles to keep a strong connection due to lack of LTE
    in the particular area one is in, then, yeah. Turn it off. Other than that, no reason to
    turn it off if signal strength is good. If the 3G signal is just as good, then turn off data
    all together.
    lovemyspanish likes this.
    07-18-2013 04:45 PM
    I've never actually switched to 4G to see if I'd get better battery life, but I get great battery life using LTE 100% of the time, so I'd rather enjoy one of the main features of this model iPhone than turn it off and get a little better battery longevity.
    swarlos and bruteforce037 like this.
    07-18-2013 07:14 PM
    This is what I don't understand what's the point of having super fast data speeds like LTE if you just want to turn it off to save battery life?

Because in some areas it's new and the towers aren't at full power so its dropping back and forth between 3G and LTE and killing the battery? Or because for most purposes LTE isn't required because 3G works fast enough unless its streaming media?
    07-19-2013 01:45 AM
    Because in some areas it's new and the towers aren't at full power so its dropping back and forth between 3G and LTE and killing the battery? Or because for most purposes LTE isn't required because 3G works fast enough unless its streaming media?
    Ok valid points but from the context of the earlier post it sounded like just turning off LTE for the sake of a few extra hours of battery life and not for weak signal issues.
    Well for me in my area 3G isn't nearly fast enough to even download small apps or browse.

07-19-2013 01:47 AM
    07-20-2013 03:47 PM
    Kris? What blasphemy are you doing at imore lol
    Being a Mod at CB, and a member of Mobilenations, I like to drop in to iMore, WPC, and AC once in a while.

Plus being a past owner of every OS/Device out there, I can actually be helpful :P
    WhiteSpir1t likes this.
    07-26-2013 03:14 PM
    I must admit I have decided to give the Q10 a real chance, and I really like it. I get two full days from the batter, although I am a light user.
    07-30-2013 07:20 PM
    Welcome to the iOS world. I myself have been a heavy heavy blackberry user for years. In the past two years I've played with a bunch of other phones as we'll always keeping a blackberry around. When the screen on my Bold 9930 cracked from a drop I decided to replace it with an iPhone 4S at the time. Loved the phone and got it on upgrade pricing. Few months later the iPhone 5 was released and I bought it outright from a private seller brand new in a sealed box. Something about iOS just works for me....not sure what that I can pinpoint exactly but it works. After the iPhone 5 I sold it and went through a multitude of android devices in the past year. Still have a Nexus 4 because if you like to root and hack there is no better device. When the blackberry Z10 was released I imported one from Canada and used it for a few months. Once the Q10 was released on AT&T I purchased one of those and sold my Z10. Battery life is great on the Q10 as well as having BBM back on both devices was great. I work in the agriculture business and a lot of my contacts and folks I deal with have BB's. About two weeks ago I purchased a 3GS off of craigslist for 60 dollars and actually started using that. It was more a novelty and a trial purchase but something about it made me put the Q on the shelf and use it as my daily driver. So after falling in love again with the iPhone on a device that is now 4 years old I used a upgrade on one of our lines to purchase a iPhone 5 and with the trade in program on AT&T was able to get 100 dollars for the 3GS and purchased a 32gb iPhone 5 for the price of a 16 gb. Loving every minute of it since I got it and have iOS 7 installed as well which is great even in beta form in my opinion. My iPhone 5 has roughly the same battery life as my Z10 if not actually better. I would try all the recommendations above as we'll to improve battery life. My biggest draw on battery is where I work and live is out in the country so not always the best service with only 4g and spots of minimal service at all. Those times I have little service really draw down the battery. Good luck with the iPhone 5 and have fun with it!
    07-30-2013 10:12 PM
    Z10 durning the day, iPhone 5 at night! (;
    (make sure you exit the apps on the bottom double-click the home screen)
    that helps me save battery life..
    07-31-2013 03:20 PM
    My battery is amazing compared to my 4s.

Anyway, turn off blue tooth when not using it.

Turn off GPS in apps that don't need it.

I get the following battery life

Attachment 33821

By doing the following
    Attachment 33815
    Attachment 33816
    Attachment 33817
    Attachment 33818
    Attachment 33819
    Attachment 33820
    You didn't get that battery life since your phone was plugged in in between charges...
    pottyvick likes this.
    07-31-2013 04:00 PM
    I have a Q10 because I truly am a BB lover due to the 200+ emails a day I have to send from it. I am also very aware of the lack of apps for the new BB10 OS and that they will never have the amount of support or apps that Apple does or for that matter, that Andriod does. But we also have to be fair and balanced as they say and look back at 2007 when the iPhone first came on the scene. At launch Apple had only 1500 apps available and most were unimportant as the FB/Twitters/Flipboard/Evernote, etc hadn't been developed yet. At the end of the first 2 1/2 years they still only had 7500 apps, and then started growing like crazy to the 300K plus apps available now on iPhone. That said, BB users with the new BB10 OS will have to be patient as iPhone users had to be in 2007/08/09. Most of the truely important apps are available on BBW now and most of the others can be downloaded/sideloaded from Andriod's collection currently. That said, the new Q10 as you mention is amazingly fast browser wise and there can be no doubt about the ease of typing many, many messages and emails on its famous keyboard. My wife has an iPhone and loves it, but I can't type on it so I don't. I do love Siri and Facetime thought--to be fair and balanced.
    07-31-2013 06:29 PM
    I have a Q10 because I truly am a BB lover due to the 200+ emails a day I have to send from it. I am also very aware of the lack of apps for the new BB10 OS and that they will never have the amount of support or apps that Apple does or for that matter, that Andriod does. But we also have to be fair and balanced as they say and look back at 2007 when the iPhone first came on the scene. At launch Apple had only 1500 apps available and most were unimportant as the FB/Twitters/Flipboard/Evernote, etc hadn't been developed yet. At the end of the first 2 1/2 years they still only had 7500 apps, and then started growing like crazy to the 300K plus apps available now on iPhone. That said, BB users with the new BB10 OS will have to be patient as iPhone users had to be in 2007/08/09. Most of the truely important apps are available on BBW now and most of the others can be downloaded/sideloaded from Andriod's collection currently. That said, the new Q10 as you mention is amazingly fast browser wise and there can be no doubt about the ease of typing many, many messages and emails on its famous keyboard. My wife has an iPhone and loves it, but I can't type on it so I don't. I do love Siri and Facetime thought--to be fair and balanced.
    You know, this argument has been brought up time and again, and every time it makes me scratch my head.

Blackberry 10 is not competing against iOS or Android of 2008. It's competing against the operating systems of 2013. It doesn't matter how many features or apps they lacked back then because the entire smartphone world has evolved since then.

What do you think would happen if a brand new car company released a vehicle with technology from the 1970's, but stated "well it's off to a better start than the Model T Ford!"

Kudos for choosing the phone that best suits your needs, but making excuses with flawed comparisons just doesn't make a strong case.
    08-01-2013 11:00 AM
    Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

The other 4 BB users left in the world will miss you.
    08-01-2013 11:13 AM
    Old thread, but who would want to invest their time developing app for a gimmicky, and slow platform with inflated hardware specs? Every leak/release only performs like a pre-beta OS every single time it gets leaked/released.

They need to retain their Hub since its tue only feature of that phone and reengineer the friggin thing the user interface is based on.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <-----next best thing to marketing gimmick
    10-19-2013 03:32 AM
    The other 4 BB users left in the world will miss you.
    3 other BB users, I left for the iphone5 as well:-)
    10-22-2013 05:37 PM
54 123