Apple might introduce a larger iPhone.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So I've been thinking about this, recently Apple introduced an iPad mini and has 4 different MacBook screen sizes and they also offer different sized Mac desktops.

This might mean in the near future we might see a bigger screen iPhone as an option. What do you guys think?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I've been thinking about this, recently Apple introduced an iPad mini and has 4 different MacBook screen sizes and they also offer different sized Mac desktops.

This might mean in the near future we might see a bigger screen iPhone as an option. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. I would actually welcome seeing two different iPhone models one at 4" and another at 4.5" or 4.7" for this who want that big of a screen. Even if they did I probably would still choose the 4" model as I think it's the perfect size.

Sent from the collector home world.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Never say never. A company needs to evolve their products to meet consumer needs and wants or miss getting left out.

A few years ago, Steve Jobs said the 9.7" tablet was the perfect size and made a joke about 7" tablet users having to file down their fingers to use them. A few years later the iPad mini was released and people snapped them up.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
People also said BlackBerry would make a comeback... There's rumors about everything in technology.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Never say never. A company needs to evolve their products to meet consumer needs and wants or miss getting left out.

A few years ago, Steve Jobs said the 9.7" tablet was the perfect size and made a joke about 7" tablet users having to file down their fingers to use them. A few years later the iPad mini was released and people snapped them up.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

True that

But I hear loads of comments about different iPhones bringing in fragmentation to what could arguably be described as Apple's most iconic product.

Personally, I don't agree with that. If Apple were to introduce a larger iPhone I think it would be welcome.

As a guide, what was the adoption rate of the iPhone 5 compared to the 4S or the 4? Or is that not applicable because of the updated design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
For me personally, I think it's more of a question of "when" rather than "if". I'd certainly welcome the idea of two different sized iPhone's. Why not try and cater to both markets? Now, whether or not Apple thinks it would be cost effective remains to be seen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I think Apple might do a lot of things. But we won't know exactly what they are doing until Mr. Cook holds it up on stage or one of their employees leaves one at the bar.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And that's a shame.

I get it that you want a larger screen. Apple does not offer one. You either have to live with what Apple gives you or move on. It really isn't a difficult deal. IF Apple ever does do a larger screen, then you are set... but until then, there' s not much to be gained from continuing to beat the dead horse.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

11", 13", and 15" makes 3 sizes.

If you can't count to 3, can I really trust your judgement? :p

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This should really be titled "Would Apple ever introduce a larger iPhone?" I clicked through thinking someone actually had some news about it, but instead got a "what do you guys think?" post--what is this, Gizmodo?!?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods